Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Redeeming Miles for Sporting Events

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2018, 12:53 am
Original Poster

Redeemed some miles for the tennis in Madrid, only then to find out that work have decided to move the team building day so it clashes with the tennis. Emirates, will not allow a refund or a date change, only a name change (as a one off gesture of goodwill) but none of my friends or family can go, and I don't want to just lose the tickets. Any thoughts as to what I can do?
Old Apr 14, 2018, 12:58 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
The obvious answer is to sell them on eBay or something, but that’s probably not permitted. Whether you’d be caught is anyone’s guess. Not suggesting you do (or don’t do) it, but that’s the simplest solution I can think of
Old Apr 14, 2018, 1:09 am

Programs: BAEC bouncing from Blue to Gold to Blue VSFC Red CXGreen Club Accor Platinum Hilton Silver.
how about offering them for a charitable donation to your favourite cause that shouldn't too much of a issue. although you loose the miles at least they are not lost and you gain the feeling of helping via charity.

John

Last edited by thejohn; Apr 14, 2018 at 1:10 am Reason: typo's
Old Apr 14, 2018, 7:36 am

Tell work to get lost.
diss50, BadoRas, Will08 and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 7:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ft101
Tell work to get lost.
That’s what I was thinking 😂
Old Apr 14, 2018, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by mkdoc
Redeemed some miles for the tennis in Madrid, only then to find out that work have decided to move the team building day so it clashes with the tennis. Emirates, will not allow a refund or a date change, only a name change (as a one off gesture of goodwill) but none of my friends or family can go, and I don't want to just lose the tickets. Any thoughts as to what I can do?
What date ?
Old Apr 15, 2018, 9:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ElJudioErrante
What date ?
I’ve sent you a PM
Old Apr 22, 2018, 10:50 am

Programs: UA Gold, EK Silver, HH Gold, MR Gold
I've used miles for sporting events and had to provide ID on ticket collection. As the others have mentioned; tell work to get stuffed!
Old Apr 22, 2018, 12:04 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by diss50
I've used miles for sporting events and had to provide ID on ticket collection. As the others have mentioned; tell work to get stuffed!
EK Said he could do a name change
Old Jul 9, 2018, 10:16 am

Can someone check to see if there are hospitality tickets (35,000 miles) available for the US Open Tennis on Sept 2 for the afternoon session. I want to transfer points in but do not want to do the transfer unless there is availability and it will not let me see availability if I do not have enough miles to actually get the ticket.

Update: Nevermind. I found out that there was a 2 ticket limit then the system says sold out even if it is not. I got 2 seats then tried for a 3rd and that is when it showed sold out. I used my spouses account and got a 3rd seat.

Thanks

Last edited by mileshound; Jul 9, 2018 at 6:17 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.