Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Horrible service on flight EK 226 SFO-DXB

Horrible service on flight EK 226 SFO-DXB

Old Apr 8, 2018, 11:15 pm
Original Poster

Angry Horrible service on flight EK 226 SFO-DXB

I am extremely disappointed with this service. My parents were traveling with Flight EK 226 SFO-DXB on April 8th. I have already called Emirates 3 times after the scheduled departure time (at 4:45 p.m.) and every single time I was told that the flight has left. At 10 p.m. my parents called me and told me that the flight has been cancelled, and they have to wait for another few hours to get their luggages back. I called Emirates again, and they said that the flight has already departed!!! I will never fly with Emirates again. At least they could give us the right information from the very beginning. (7 hours ago)
Old Apr 9, 2018, 3:34 pm

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
Hi Bita,

Welcome to the Emirates forum here on FlyerTalk, wish it were under better circumstances.

From the available data on flightaware and flightradar, it appears there are two Emirates A380s at SFO at this moment - my guess is one has a maintenance issue that still needs to be resolved. Have you received information on how your parents flights are to be rebooked? There are other connection opportunities through LAX, Seattle, New York JFK and other Emirates gateways that you could ask to be rebooked on.

I'd give the call center another call and simultaneously contact @EmiratesSupport on Twitter with your questions (A direct message may be required to give their reservation locator ID). If you are truly not satisfied with the answer, I would show up at SFO and talk to the station supervisor (he wears a brown chocolate suit coat).
Old Apr 9, 2018, 3:47 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Really nothing to add, Metanoia got it exactly right.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 3:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Here is what the EK website posted. Was not this information communicated by EK to your parents at SFO? I am not sure why one would physically go to the airport and confront staff to obtain information readily available on the internet and which had likely been communicated to the passengers themselves.

Due to a technical reason, this flight has been delayed and will now operate as EK8226 on 09APR. Customers are being rebooked to their final destination and will receive the updated itinerary shortly. Customers can view their updated itinerary on www.emirates.com/MYB.
Updated:2018-04-09T11:58:45
Old Apr 10, 2018, 12:03 am

Well, it looks like A6-EEV (the frame that went technical) and A6-EOD are in the air as UAE226 and UAE41P, respectively. The first was off the gate at 2123 and the other at 1740. I can't tell which one operated as EK226 or 8226 as all I have are the ATC callsigns, but my guess is the later flight was 8226.
@Bita, hope all was resolved.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 12:56 am

Programs: QRPC Silver, BA Silver
Perhaps the title of this thread is a little misleading and unfair as it does point to the crew onboard providing poor service, which was clearly not the case.
steff_29 likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 5:11 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
I just thought I would add on my flight from DXB-AKL I was at the bar, and there was an off duty 777 Emirates first officer there going home to visit his family. He gave us a bunch of good stories, and told a lot of us a bunch of interesting things about Emirates.

Then he asked the cabin crew who were hanging out talking to us what the worst route was. I was really surprised to hear that almost all of them said San Francisco was the worst destinations they all dreaded working, and it felt like they weren’t even flying to the US.

I found this highly interesting.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 9:12 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by NWplatinum
I just thought I would add on my flight from DXB-AKL I was at the bar, and there was an off duty 777 Emirates first officer there going home to visit his family. He gave us a bunch of good stories, and told a lot of us a bunch of interesting things about Emirates.

Then he asked the cabin crew who were hanging out talking to us what the worst route was. I was really surprised to hear that almost all of them said San Francisco was the worst destinations they all dreaded working, and it felt like they weren’t even flying to the US.

Wrong thread???
Old Apr 11, 2018, 9:31 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Wrong thread???
no it’s not
Old Apr 11, 2018, 9:55 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond

Why did it not feel like flying to the US?
Old Apr 11, 2018, 10:09 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Is this a hit-and-run ventthread?
Old Apr 11, 2018, 10:34 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium

Left the story with so many questions.. cant wait for the second instalment!
Old Apr 11, 2018, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by Will08
Left the story with so many questions.. cant wait for the second instalment!
I think I have a very good idea why but it's not politically correct. PM me if you want.
RoyalSwazi and skywardhunter like this.

Last edited by Metanoia; Apr 11, 2018 at 11:58 am
Old Apr 12, 2018, 4:11 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Ah! I think it might have to do with the geographic origins of the passengers.
RoyalSwazi likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 6:25 pm

Nothing as satisfying as suppressed racism

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.