Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates Skywards Miles inspiration

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2018, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Hi Guys,

im new to site, and had a question to ask.

ive been a frequent flyer for a little while. Collected around 115k miles, and they’re due to expire in part this summer.

Id like to use them all, but would be great to get some help and suggestions about how I could make the most and use them best on route upgrades without spending hours on the site looking?

any tips would be greatly welcomed.

thanks Rob
Old Mar 23, 2018, 8:14 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Where are you based?
Old Mar 23, 2018, 8:26 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Best value is for upgrades usually, depending on where you're based. Most places have high surcharges for award tickets making outright redemption unfeasible. In that case and if you're flexible with dates pick a couple destinations and use EF to find upgrade availability, then book a Y ticket and upgrade. Else if you're in a kocalocawith low surcharges like HK then just go for an outright J or F Award Ticket.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 11:53 am
Original Poster

thanks for coming back. I’m in London
skywardhunter likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by RobHTraveller
thanks for coming back. I’m in London
Definitely upgrades then!
Old Mar 23, 2018, 12:14 pm

Hi Guys,

im new to site, and had a question to ask.

ive been a frequent flyer for a little while. Collected around 115k miles, and they’re due to expire in part this summer.

Id like to use them all, but would be great to get some help and suggestions about how I could make the most and use them best on route upgrades without spending hours on the site looking?

any tips would be greatly welcomed.

thanks Rob
buy a biz saver to Dubai and use 39k miles each way to upgrade to F (check for availability before you book)
Old Mar 23, 2018, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Best value is for upgrades usually, depending on where you're based. Most places have high surcharges for award tickets making outright redemption unfeasible. In that case and if you're flexible with dates pick a couple destinations and use EF to find upgrade availability, then book a Y ticket and upgrade. Else if you're in a kocalocawith low surcharges like HK then just go for an outright J or F Award Ticket.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 12:56 pm
Original Poster

great, thanks for the tips! What is EF, that you can use for checking upgrade availability. I’ll take a look.

cheers
rob
Old Mar 23, 2018, 1:27 pm
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Deleted
Old Mar 23, 2018, 1:32 pm

great, thanks for the tips! What is EF, that you can use for checking upgrade availability. I’ll take a look.

cheers
rob
ExpertFlyer.com. you get a 7 day free trial then it's just 10$ a month. Many of us use it to check availability and timetables across airlines.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 3:18 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by m3red
buy a biz saver to Dubai and use 39k miles each way to upgrade to F (check for availability before you book)
Or economy and upgrade to business. I think it's the same 39K to Muscat. So, you could do London->Dubai->Muscat-Dubai->London. Stop over in both Dubai and Muscat for a nice break.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.