Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

EK crew being xtra cautious to avoid medical emergencies?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EK crew being xtra cautious to avoid medical emergencies?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2018, 12:19 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by ioto1902
A person who looks fine from outside, is not always OK inside.
I don't know if these persons were forced to deplane, but, if they were willing to stay on the ground, then let them be. Maybe, it was a panic attack. Who knows ?

Similar to what happened to another poster, I was also repatriated once by plane. I was fine, but insurance obliged me to lay on a stretcher ...
First time ever, I had 6 boarding passes in hand ... With the medic, the nurse and my spouse, we occupied 3 rows of 3 economy seats for a two-hour flight ...
(For those curious, 3 rows of 2 seats were folded, and the stretcher was fixed over them, at the rear of a A320)
Again, I was feeling perfectly fine ...
At least I was allowed to sit in a seat. Was a bit peeved that I missed out on a certain upgrade: insurance insisted it had to be 'flat bed'. But I already had a J ticket, so no upgrade required. Come to think of it: should have insisted that the second leg of the trip (on a 77W) was no 180 degree flat bed and therefore required an upgrade to F.
XXTSGR likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 3:34 am

Originally Posted by Allan38103
In the U.S., it's inappropriate to be discussing someone else's medical condition on a public forum without their permission.
Gosh. Like many other tedious US interventions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.