Wiki Posts
Search

New Skywards card designs?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2018, 5:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
New Skywards card designs?

Came across the following images on the EK website this morning - new design for Skywards cards? Guess it would be pointless running design competitions anymore, now that they are basically digital cards only (with exceptions)?

Old Mar 20, 2018, 3:57 pm

My Virtual/Digital Card issued this year still shows last year's image of the Taj Mahal.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 8:13 pm

Programs: ALL Gold, MPC Silver
My new Digital card (Silver) shows a painting titled 'Tokyo City' which frankly looks nothing like the actual Tokyo.
XXTSGR likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 2:53 am

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
I don't even bother looking at mine these days...
Old Mar 21, 2018, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by jackiedada
I don't even bother looking at mine these days...
Mine has been printed off and laminated just in case I need it.
XXTSGR likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 3:10 pm

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
I don't know what are those tree designs, but 1/ they look like sh.t, and 2/they look like a long term design.Anyway, it's still Burj Al Arab on my smart phone.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 3:16 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by ioto1902
I don't know what are those tree designs, but 1/ they look like sh.t, and 2/they look like a long term design.Anyway, it's still Burj Al Arab on my smart phone.
​​​​​​
well if you paid attention to EK overall Branding you'd know it's the national tree, the ghaf tree, the motif is found in the new F Cabin. It's a nice cultural touch rather than just generic cosmopolitan bl**g
Old Mar 21, 2018, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
​​​​​​
well if you paid attention to EK overall Branding you'd know it's the national tree, the ghaf tree, the motif is found in the new F Cabin. It's a nice cultural touch rather than just generic cosmopolitan bl**g
I stand on my ground.
1/ This exact design for the FF card (if confirmed) is not sexy, nor qualitative ; 2/ Status differentiation by color is, hum, very basic.

And yes, I know what is this tree. EK PR officer explained to me lengthily.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 6:00 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
I stand on my ground.
1/ This exact design for the FF card (if confirmed) is not sexy, nor qualitative ; 2/ Status differentiation by color is, hum, very basic.

And yes, I know what is this tree. EK PR officer explained to me lengthily.
Well since there are no actual cards anymore and the status tiers are quite literally differentiated by colours (their names)... Why does it matter?
Old Mar 21, 2018, 6:11 pm

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Well since there are no actual cards anymore and the status tiers are quite literally differentiated by colours (their names)... Why does it matter?
Diffrent strokes for diffrent folks? I guess the cosmopolitan/OTT golden faux bling appealed more to some then a more simplified and basic colour scheme when it came to the overall cards and general theme of the Skywards program in relation to colour and design. Just like the cabins themselves, the F mini bar serves no real purpose to me besides as an emergency quenching compartment when one wakes up and is rippling the effects of too much Dom and salty Caviar and does not wanna deal with the embarrassment of asking the crew for some water while clearly just grasping onto life itself .... death by dehydration is no laughing matter - even if self induced .
BadoRas likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 6:30 pm

Plats still get real card.

Originally Posted by Flame3601
... the F mini bar serves no real purpose to me ...
Sorry to challenge you. The F bar is useful to look down on the lowery people queuing for the lavs, while sipping a glass of cognac with your hairs still wet.
Metanoia likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 10:03 pm

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Sorry to challenge you. The F bar is useful to look down on the lowery people queuing for the lavs, while sipping a glass of cognac with your hairs still wet.
Haha so very true, one does sometimes forget "they" are down there - very embarrassing to be seen in your EK moisturising PJ's on the stairwell.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 12:12 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Plats still get real card.

I think we are confusing 2 different F bars here.

I thought Flame3601 was referring to the mini bar in the suite. This is in my view a bit superfluous as I like my drinks chilled (especially when relieving the Dom and wine induced thirst). But I have indeed used it when I wanted a drink of water when waking up in the middle of the night.

I agree on the use of the 'F bar' at the top of the stairs. Not that I have ever used it..... One day, someone is going to fall down those stairs having used the bar...
Old Mar 22, 2018, 5:06 am

Programs: EK platinum, ET, SAS
I requalified for platinum last week and the message on the website specifically said that the card would be sent to me. During a call to the Melbourne Emirates office last year, I was told that platinum plastic card would be delivered and people on other tiers could collect their card at Emirates airside DXB. I'm not sure that cards are still issued to other tiers. It may well be that virtual cards are now the norm below platinum. Anyone know this for sure?
Old Mar 22, 2018, 5:09 am

Programs: EK platinum, ET, SAS
Originally Posted by thijsseh
I think we are confusing 2 different F bars here.

I thought Flame3601 was referring to the mini bar in the suite. This is in my view a bit superfluous as I like my drinks chilled (especially when relieving the Dom and wine induced thirst). But I have indeed used it when I wanted a drink of water when waking up in the middle of the night.

I agree on the use of the 'F bar' at the top of the stairs. Not that I have ever used it..... One day, someone is going to fall down those stairs having used the bar...

I use that F bar every flight because there's a lovely bottle of Hennessey Paradis sitting there, waiting to be poured into my glass!! Nuts and chips and those appalling sandwiches too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.