Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Upgrading with Miles J - F - outbound available

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrading with Miles J - F - outbound available

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2018, 1:07 pm

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
Has anyone had any experience with the adjustment in person at DXB?

I don't credit many miles to EK so I'll have just enough to upgrade LAX-DXB and DXB-HKG as a continuous trip, but DXB-HKG Z space will be something that probably opens up at the airport.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 1:14 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
I don't believe that this is possible, or certainly I've never seen a report of this working. Especially as one of the sectors will have been flown at that point, though it may depend on the staff member you get and how generous they're feeling as I do get the feeling they have a lot of flexibility in how many miles they deduct, as in the system doesn't always force them to take a fixed pre-set amount.
Metanoia likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 4:06 pm

Programs: Skywards
Originally Posted by dwugson
You need to email Emirates if the two sections of the journey are upgraded separately - they will then readjust the total mileage and apply the lower total inbound mileage rate. Have done this and got a response within 24 hours.
Wish I knew that before. Wasted so many miles over the years on separate upgrades. Usually upgraded once they became available and thought that's just how it is. Argh
Old Sep 27, 2018, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
I don't believe that this is possible, or certainly I've never seen a report of this working. Especially as one of the sectors will have been flown at that point, though it may depend on the staff member you get and how generous they're feeling as I do get the feeling they have a lot of flexibility in how many miles they deduct, as in the system doesn't always force them to take a fixed pre-set amount.
I think I'll try my luck at DXB to see if i can get the reduced amount. Doesn't hurt to ask...
Old Oct 23, 2018, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
It is, anything under 24 hours is a transit.
Just to clarify if I have > 24 hours layover at DXB they don't offer the lower miles for the upgrade since it's not technically a connection?
Old Oct 23, 2018, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by Metanoia
Just to clarify if I have > 24 hours layover at DXB they don't offer the lower miles for the upgrade since it's not technically a connection?
That is my understanding yes
Metanoia likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 5:27 am

Programs: EK Silver...just
Originally Posted by m3red

it doesn’t work well
From my experience last week it doesn't work at all. In fact the ladies in the lounge in DXB were amazed that i claimed to be waitlisted in Melbourne for the DXB/MAN leg...and told me matter of factly that i wasn't actually waitlisted anyway (despite Melbourne telling me i was and it appearing on the app in MMB!?). But in short; once you've done the first leg that's it. You can't use the combined milesfor full trip and its a new sector so full mileage upgrade on that sector.
That's my recent experience anyway.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 12:54 am

Rather than start a new thread maybe I can jump in here.
My flight in 3 weeks time has a cash upgrade availability J to F on the outgoing flights MAN-DXB-BKK, (no F section on return flights), Checking online it is £1800 which is prohibitive.
Is there a possibility that the price may reduce closer to departure? Any advice appreciated.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 12:56 am

Originally Posted by mjmal51
My flight in 3 weeks time has a cash upgrade availability J to F on the outgoing flights MAN-DXB-BKK, (no F section on return flights), Checking online it is £1800 which is prohibitive.
Is there a possibility that the price may reduce closer to departure? Any advice appreciated.
you can deduct the chage fees from that as they aren’t charged if you phone and upgrade but online they are...
mjmal51 likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 12:59 am

Originally Posted by mjmal51
Cash Upgrade is always available, EK will charge you the difference in fare. During online check-in there may be a discounted upgrade offer
mjmal51 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.