Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

DXB Runway to Close Again Next Year

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2018, 8:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EK Pleb

According to a report in the Independent Newspaper today, Dubai's southern runway will be closed for repairs for 45 days starting in April 2019. No doubt this will have similar effects on flight into and out of the airport, as per the 2014 repairs to the northern runway.

Dubai airport to close for 45 days next year
Old Feb 27, 2018, 8:49 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Please do a search before posting, mentioned here: Building Progress DXB and DWC and news updates Post 2121
Old Feb 27, 2018, 10:51 pm
Original Poster

@skywardhunter... "Please do a search before posting, mentioned here: Building Progress DXB and DWC and news updates Post 2121"

FYI.... Before making the post I did a number of searches using a multitude of criterion and all came back with either "nothing found" or results relating to the 2014 runway closure. The post to which you refer namely: Building Progress DBX and DWC and news updates #2121 , makes no actual mention of the proposed runway closure, and the link which NOIR posted comes back "Page not known", so its not surprising that the search engine did not pick it up.

As the subject is likely to have an impact upon most EK travellers, I would consider that putting it in a designated self contained topic, rather than burying it in a non-descript post.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 11:12 pm

The post was by DYKWIA and does mention it, but you're right it's virtually impossible to find. Early morning FT'ing resulting in grumpy-posting, also annoyance because many people don't search and repost much more obvious stuff, I think you're right, next year this will be a big factor for all of us and probably need a dedicated thread, not sure if there'll be much need for one until then, not sure that there'll be regular updates or discussion on this until early next year at the soonest.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 11:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skywardhunter

The post was by DYKWIA and does mention it, but you're right it's virtually impossible to find. Early morning FT'ing resulting in grumpy-posting, also annoyance because many people don't search and repost much more obvious stuff, I think you're right, next year this will be a big factor for all of us and probably need a dedicated thread, not sure if there'll be much need for one until then, not sure that there'll be regular updates or discussion on this until early next year at the soonest.
It shouldn't be forgotten that quite a few people do make their plans/bookings more than a few day/weeks or even months ahead so having an early heads up may help them avoid heartaches later.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 1:04 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
The title of the article "Dubai airport to close for 45 days next year" is also inaccurate and misleading journalism.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 1:46 am

Originally Posted by Oldtiger
It shouldn't be forgotten that quite a few people do make their plans/bookings more than a few day/weeks or even months ahead so having an early heads up may help them avoid heartaches later.
I agree but without regular interaction this thread will just disappear. Next year when the construction is underway I'm sure there'll be regular postings of the progress and expected completion.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 3:12 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Just as long as the Ultimate Airport Dubai crew are out there filming it then I'm happy...
Old Feb 28, 2018, 12:00 pm

Programs: Skywards silver
Originally Posted by Flame3601
Just as long as the Ultimate Airport Dubai crew are out there filming it then I'm happy...
any word if a new series is in the works?
Old Mar 1, 2018, 6:47 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Originally Posted by Bouncingsouls

any word if a new series is in the works?
No clue, i think someone mentioned filming in 2018 for 2019 - however that is just a distant memory.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.