UK flight cancellations

Old Mar 1, 2018, 5:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Gold, BAEC Silver
UK flight cancellations

Just wanted to recount my experience with the Emirates customer services team earlier today.

I am booked to travel LHR-DXB-BKK on Friday 3 March on EK32 & EK372.

A couple of hours ago, I received a sms advising me that my flight had been cancelled and that the cs team are in the process of re-booking my flight. I contacted them via the web chat app' some 10 minutes after receipt of the sms to find that they had already wait-listed me on EK004 some 80 minutes after my planned departure from LHR. They also apologised for the cancellation even though the awaful weather we re experiencing here in London is of course, wholly outside of their control!

very impressed with the service so far especially as I am just a lowly gold!!!
Old Mar 1, 2018, 8:13 am

Programs: EK skywards Gold, BA, VS silver
Today is Thursday 1st March therefore tomorrow, Friday is 2nd March not 3rd! Check the date of your booking!!
Old Mar 1, 2018, 9:40 am

Been absolutely chaotic in Glasgow by all accounts - yesterday's inbound EK27 managed to land about 2 hours late, the outbound EK28 was delayed until today and still hasn't left, the inbound EK25 diverted to Prestwick, today's inbound EK27 also diverted to PIK and today's EK25 and 26 cancelled.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 9:47 am

Programs: Skywards
Originally Posted by 773ER
Been absolutely chaotic in Glasgow by all accounts - yesterday's inbound EK27 managed to land about 2 hours late, the outbound EK28 was delayed until today and still hasn't left, the inbound EK25 diverted to Prestwick, today's inbound EK27 also diverted to PIK and today's EK25 and 26 cancelled.
Chaos indeed!

Been following events for Glasgow and it seems theres 2 EK planes at PIK and one at GLA currently, with the main airport being closed until tomorrow.

Dublin also affected with cancellations and main terminal shut until Saturday
Old Mar 1, 2018, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by S c 0 TT y
Chaos indeed!

Been following events for Glasgow and it seems theres 2 EK planes at PIK and one at GLA currently, with the main airport being closed until tomorrow.

Dublin also affected with cancellations and main terminal shut until Saturday
One of the aircraft at PIK departed for DXB a few hours ago, no idea if it left empty or if passengers were somehow bussed down to PIK from GLA - although with the state of the roads just now I doubt it.

Can see this having a knock on effect well into next week.

EDIT: EK have just announced cancellations for tomorrow's EK27/28 and 25/26 as well.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 9:49 am

Programs: Skywards
Cancellation update on Emirates website:
  • EK25 DXB-GLA 1st March
  • EK26 GLA-DXB 1st March
  • EK27 DXB-GLA 2nd March
  • EK28 GLA–DXB 2nd March
  • EK25 DXB-GLA 2nd March
  • EK26 GLA–DXB 2nd March
Traveling next week so this should be fun!
Old Mar 1, 2018, 11:47 am

. . . yesterday's inbound EK27 managed to land about 2 hours late, the outbound EK28 was delayed until today and still hasn't left, . . .
Yesterday's EK28 now delayed until tomorrow (Friday).

I'm on Etihad out of EDI on Sunday so hope things are better by then.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by ft101
Yesterday's EK28 now delayed until tomorrow (Friday).

I'm on Etihad out of EDI on Sunday so hope things are better by then.
Things seem to be slightly better on the east coast, the Etihad got out today, albeit a few hours late. I'm not flying until next weekend from GLA so hopefully should be fine by then.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 1:39 pm
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
Hopefully they were kind enough to charter an F bus from GLA to PIK.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 1:48 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by sydtogla
Don't think those are roadworthy
Old Mar 1, 2018, 9:22 pm
Lux

Originally Posted by Escapade
very impressed with the service so far especially as I am just a lowly gold!!!
When I've experienced a delayed flight out of London with EK I've been similarly impressed - a text, a phone call advising me of rescheduled departure time, onward connection rebooked. Other airlines could learn from this.
ElJudioErrante likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 10:16 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by sydtogla
Probably would have been a First Bus
​​​​​​​

thijsseh, Seaforth, XXTSGR and 2 others like this.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 11:05 pm
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by Saltire74

Probably would have been a First Bus

​​​​​​​Perfect 👌
Old Mar 1, 2018, 11:49 pm

Things seem to be slightly better on the east coast, the Etihad got out today, albeit a few hours late. I'm not flying until next weekend from GLA so hopefully should be fine by then.
I'm more concerned about getting to the airport. Car hasn't been out the garage since Wednesday morning and at the moment I couldn't even open the garage door without shifting a lot of it.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 3:31 am

First time poster here but long time lurker. I'm booked to fly on EK28 from GLA tomorrow (3rd March) and I've been nervously keeping a close eye on the situation since EK were offering to rebook any flights between 28th Feb and 3rd Mar. I really didn't want to have to rebook because it would throw out my ownward travel so I've stuck it out.

It looks like the airport has reopened and according to the departures page EK are operating 3 flights today, at 13:00, 13:05 and 16:00 which should help clear some of the backlog. I've completed OLCI and the chauffeur drive company have confirmed pick up (albeit from a main road rather than get stuck in the snow trying to get to my door). I'll likely spend the next 24 hours glued to the BBC Weather website but so far so good.
skywardhunter likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.