Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Paid Upgrade Y-F

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2018, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

Paid Upgrade Y-F

Looking to fly GLA to DXB in the near future and Business is fully booked by the looks of it on Expert Flyer yet First has no bookings at all. Economy is wide open.

Does anyone have any experience of doing the 2 step upgrade and at what cost............or would they take a Y-J upgrade revenue fare and bump up somone from J to F ?

Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 12:28 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Radisson (Gold)
What date and flight no?
Old Feb 26, 2018, 12:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ryanardo_daVinci
What date and flight no?
27/3 and EK26
Old Feb 26, 2018, 12:47 pm

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
I had a situation where EF was showing availability in J for an upgrade but economy was full. Even though I would have been taking a J seat EK couldnt swap my Y flex+ to that particular flight. I am assuming you would have the same problem. Even though you would be taking an F seat there would have to be the J availability.

Only as an assumption, somebody else may have a more specific experience..
Old Feb 26, 2018, 1:39 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by dolfinco
27/3 and EK26
Dont look at the seat map to ascertain availability, look at availability itself. That flight is J7 C7 I7. Plenty availability in J!
Ryanardo_daVinci likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by thijsseh

Dont look at the seat map to ascertain availability, look at availability itself. That flight is J7 C7 I7. Plenty availability in J!
Nice one. Thanks for that.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 12:39 am

Can anybody please tell me where I can find the information on availibility (e.g. J7 C7 I7 etc.)?
Want to upgrade EK433 on 16/03, EF shows free seats, but travel agent informs that fully booked.
Many thanks!
Old Feb 28, 2018, 12:51 am
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by hamcan
Can anybody please tell me where I can find the information on availibility (e.g. J7 C7 I7 etc.)?
Want to upgrade EK433 on 16/03, EF shows free seats, but travel agent informs that fully booked.
Many thanks!
This info is available via EF. For J, you want to target availability of D fares, for F, the fare is Z.

NB: EF is not playing ball with award availability on the EK network at the moment.

Also, that flight is showing this: F4 A3 J0 C0 I0 O0 P0 Y9 E9 R9 W9 M9B9 U9 K9 H0 Q9 L9 T9 V9 X9
Old Feb 28, 2018, 12:57 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by hamcan
Many thanks!
You need the paid version of EF to get availability. Looking at seat maps (in the free version) is not a reliable method as people can book tickets without reserving a particular seat. And in Y, with a 'special' or 'saver' fare and no status, you need to pay for seat reservation which many people wont do.
If you give me the route rather than just the flight number, I can look up availability for you. And of course upgrades with miles come from a different 'stock' of seats than paid upgrades. This too can be looked up on EF (although there appears to be a problem with that at the moment). A paid EF subscription is $9.99 per month (and can be 'switched on and off' on a monthly basis), so not a bad ideal. But as per above, I will do a once off lookup for you once you give me the route.

Edit: Sydtogla beat me to it!
sydtogla and ElJudioErrante like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.