Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Mixed Group on EK - Y class passenger with J/F class passengers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2018, 9:34 am
Original Poster

Has anyone had a situation where they were travelling in J/F with another person in Y and managed to spend some time with the other passenger? Out of curiosity has anyone been able to convince the purser for the Y passenger to spend time in the A380 bar or in the F cabin? (Perhaps if the bar was empty and didn't disrupt other passengers as I can imagine this would cause some annoyance..)

Or did you just keep separate?

Curious if anyone had some good experiences or conversely had a horror story about other passengers attempting/doing this?
Old Feb 21, 2018, 9:50 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by jmlaser
Has anyone had a situation where they were travelling in J/F with another person in Y and managed to spend some time with the other passenger? Out of curiosity has anyone been able to convince the purser for the Y passenger to spend time in the A380 bar or in the F cabin? (Perhaps if the bar was empty and didn't disrupt other passengers as I can imagine this would cause some annoyance..)

Curious if anyone had some good experiences or conversely had a horror story about other passengers attempting/doing this?
ive managed to get some y pax into the j bar when I was in f and platinum- I’d never dare or would they be allowed in the F cabin. It’s in the discretion of the purser for y pax to come for a quick drink at the bar on an a380 and for every great purser I’ve also had a real stickler to the rules...
Old Feb 21, 2018, 9:56 am

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Has anyone had a situation where they were travelling in J/F with another person in Y and managed to spend some time with the other passenger?
Pretty easy for the J/F pax to enter the Y cabin and spend some time with the companion. Not so easy the other way around.
DYKWIA, pokeable, XXTSGR and 1 others like this.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 12:00 pm

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Y passenger to spend time in the A380 bar or in the F cabin?
Where in the F cabin? Your own suite, the shower spa or a suite of their own?
Old Feb 21, 2018, 12:21 pm

FT is littered with horror stories about inter-class upgrades, the stench of self entitlement and exception reeks. If an F pax with no status managed to get the Y pax into the F lounge, then go ahead and try.

Originally Posted by XXTSGR

Where in the F cabin? Your own suite, the shower spa or a suite of their own?
For some people it's all of the above, including the food, PDB, and service.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 12:29 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
You mean Y passengers are actually mixing with J passengers? Not to mention F?
What will the world come to next..... Sharing the same bus at DXB maybe?
ElJudioErrante and Will08 like this.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 1:23 pm

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Originally Posted by thijsseh
Sharing the same bus at DXB maybe?
Just make sure you get on the right one and not unduly delayed... 😉
sydtogla and thijsseh like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.