Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fake ticket

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2018, 1:26 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
This looks similar to the confirmation issued for a staff ticket, but obviously not one because of all the inaccuracies mentioned previously.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 1:31 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Do a Google image search for "Emirates eticket" and all will be answered...
Old Feb 22, 2018, 5:32 pm

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
I have heard of this scam..Majority of the time the ,'mark' is contacted by the con artist passenger in question around the time he claims to be flying to meet her.

He gets 'stuck' at an airport in between / lost luggage / lost documents/ no funds . Asks the 'mark' to wire funds by western Union etc.

Not everyone is sharp enough to spot the con and some do wire the funds . (They would have contacted multiple women via social media)
Old Feb 23, 2018, 12:43 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by ukdoctor
I have heard of this scam..Majority of the time the ,'mark' is contacted by the con artist passenger in question around the time he claims to be flying to meet her.

He gets 'stuck' at an airport in between / lost luggage / lost documents/ no funds . Asks the 'mark' to wire funds by western Union etc.

Not everyone is sharp enough to spot the con and some do wire the funds . (They would have contacted multiple women via social media)
hey long time mate! Hope all is well...

on topic a complete scam
Old Feb 23, 2018, 1:22 am

The barcode seems to only contain an underscore
Old Feb 23, 2018, 1:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Also - the luggage allowance.

It should be weight concept instead of piece concept.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 4:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: I am a lowly ant
Originally Posted by ukdoctor

That seems likely, the mark doesn't have any cash though, so....

"Am late already, I bought a lot for you and I know you will like them but when I come we will still shop ok, so you take things you like. Am in the airport.. About to board in now. Am happy I will see you tomorrow. Love you so much"

But he was flying to the wrong city! Apparently video call never connects, haha.

The next stage of the scam has yet to materialise. Though obviously he has painted that he has lots of money, business class, etc. so it seems likely that that's the trick.
ElJudioErrante likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 6:26 pm

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Originally Posted by m3red

hey long time mate! Hope all is well...

on topic a complete scam
​​​​​​havent been on EK for a year now..Just thought I'll log in and check how things were. Having a bit of EK withdrawal symptoms and will have to travel soon.. Down to skywards blue ( the horror) :-(
Old Feb 23, 2018, 7:06 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by ioto1902
Airline code 173 doesn't exist.
Don't make Hawaiian Airlines cry! They have the IATA prefix 173!

Originally Posted by ioto1902
Out of curiosity. Why the man sent a fake e-ticket ? A behind the counter sale ?
Maybe a "long-distance relationship"-scam: I.e. a stranger claiming to have wildly fallen in love with you and trying to persuade you to send money so that they can buy a ticket to come see you, and marry you (duh!). I suspect that this is just a more sophisticated version to demonstrate that they have bought a ticket and now need cash (and therefore ask to send money via gift cards or Western Union).

----
We really shouldn't be pointing out what makes this e-ticket stick out. We wouldn't want this scammers to improve on their shoddy work...
Old Feb 23, 2018, 10:48 pm

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Would love to see this scammer strung along and possibly reverse scammed ...
Old Feb 23, 2018, 11:10 pm

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
• In the line with the fare "2,043.68", one of the digits is higher than the others.
• "EK 398" vs "EK028" have different fonts, sizes and kerning. Really looks like a cut & paste.
• There's a blur to most of the text, as you'd expect from an image scan... but some text appears very sharp, especially the number below the barcode.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 6:31 am

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
Originally Posted by WorldLux
Don't make Hawaiian Airlines cry! They have the IATA prefix 173!
Right. My bad.

Originally Posted by WorldLux
We really shouldn't be pointing out what makes this e-ticket stick out. We wouldn't want this scammers to improve on their shoddy work...
Right

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.