Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emergency row seats booked for free - plat or flex plus?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2018, 8:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Platinum, Hertz President's Circle, IHG Spire Elite Royal Ambassador

I saw that I can now book econ emergency row seats in advance without any cost. Not sure if it is because I have a Platinum skywards card or that my tickets are flex plus. Anyone else can do it?
Old Feb 7, 2018, 9:13 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Ozziebob
I saw that I can now book econ emergency row seats in advance without any cost. Not sure if it is because I have a Platinum skywards card or that my tickets are flex plus. Anyone else can do it?
Neither should allow free selection but if anything I'd assume it's the Plat status

https://www.emirates.com/english/book/about-booking-online/emirates-seat-selection/
Old Feb 7, 2018, 4:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EK Platinum, Hertz President's Circle, IHG Spire Elite Royal Ambassador
Well, they are definitely free now and come up as "complimentary extra legroom" ... they must have listened to the feedback from Platinums when they started charging for these seats
Old Feb 7, 2018, 11:19 pm

Not reflected on the website here yet:

https://www.emirates.com/english/boo...eat-selection/

It's the sort of thing I thought they would be keen to trumpet.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 1:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ft101
Not reflected on the website here yet:

https://www.emirates.com/english/boo...eat-selection/

It's the sort of thing I thought they would be keen to trumpet.
Doesn't show it on the app yet either
Old Feb 8, 2018, 1:52 am

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Think it's Plat + Flex Plus ticket. Thought I'd read it somewhere official although I can't find it anymore! Maybe it was a wishful dream.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 5:59 am

Programs: EK Platinum
I just selected seats for 8 upcoming sectors and can confirm that extra legroom is now available complimentary. I am platinum, bookings are Y Flex Plus... I am also 6ft4” so this addition is most welcome :-)
Old Feb 8, 2018, 7:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Hitch22
I just selected seats for 8 upcoming sectors and can confirm that extra legroom is now available complimentary. I am platinum, bookings are Y Flex Plus... I am also 6ft4” so this addition is most welcome :-)
happy days! Did you also complain when they first brought in the charges? I did and the customer service manager called from Dubai and said that I was one of many Plat's to complain and that they would review the policy
Old Feb 8, 2018, 7:51 am

happy days! Did you also complain when they first brought in the charges? I did and the customer service manager called from Dubai and said that I was one of many Plat's to complain and that they would review the policy
You complained that you were able to select seats for a fee that previously couldn't be selected at all?
Old Feb 8, 2018, 7:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
You complained that you were able to select seats for a fee that previously couldn't be selected at all?
Yes, I thought that they could allow it for Platinums free of charge... there are usually only a couple on each plane in econ, so it would be a great benefit for the status
Will08 likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 9:22 am

Yes, I thought that they could allow it for Platinums free of charge... there are usually only a couple on each plane in econ, so it would be a great benefit for the status
hmm, wonder what'll happen if I complain that Golds have to sit in the overcrowded J lounge and should get F lounge access....
Ozziebob likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 12:53 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards, KLM Flying blue, Qatar Airways Privilege club, GHA Discovery
I have an upcoming trip on a flex Y fare, I am also platinum and still need to pay 80- for emergency exit seats...
First time traveling in Y on Emirates so it will be quite an experience 😎
Old Feb 8, 2018, 5:55 pm

Programs: EK Platinum
I have only complained once in the 6/7 years I've been flying EK about a non-related issue... whilst it's been a little frustrating to sit on flights with the exit seats empty on take off only to be claimed by wandering hyena's as soon as the seat belt signs come off, I don't fault EK for trying to increase revenue from slightly more comfortable seats. However, I'm happy to now have the choice
Ozziebob likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 6:13 am

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Originally Posted by Hitch22
wandering hyena's
bahahahaha. Well put!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.