Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade available

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2018, 2:31 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Flame3601
Thought about buying airmiles via a certain website ? I can show you to one that i know from prior experience is legitimate, should you wish.
It is definitely not legitimate, though it may work
Old Feb 14, 2018, 6:41 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by MarcoGT
I saw I can buy 1k miles for 40 euros.
upgrade with cash will not work because was booked by agency by my employer.
when I tried in the website it was clearly stated

which is the website?
My initial ticket was paid for by my employer via CTA. Spoke with them and didn’t have any issue with me upgrading. Although I had already flown the outbound and EK technically had ownership of the ticket by then, they had to do a re-calculation and rather than hold me on the phone, promised to call me back which they did.

If if your employer allows, give EK a call.

S
Old Feb 15, 2018, 6:30 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
It is definitely not legitimate, though it may work
Legitimate in the regards to it isn’t a scam and you will get the miles in your account once paid. If EK found out, you probs would have your skywards account shut for breaking T&C’s.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 2:49 am

Just some simple upgrade questions so hopefully I can ask in this thread rather than starting another.

I have accepted an upgrade offer (from economy to business). I am flying from DXB. Do I just use the normal economy check-in or go to the business/first check in?

I don't get lounge access as part of the upgrade. I am EK silver though so I understand I can use the EK business lounge anyway at DXB? Do I need my EK silver card or is my boarding pass enough?

Many thanks.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 3:30 am

Originally Posted by DanielW
Just some simple upgrade questions so hopefully I can ask in this thread rather than starting another.

I have accepted an upgrade offer (from economy to business). I am flying from DXB. Do I just use the normal economy check-in or go to the business/first check in?

I don't get lounge access as part of the upgrade. I am EK silver though so I understand I can use the EK business lounge anyway at DXB? Do I need my EK silver card or is my boarding pass enough?

Many thanks.
​​​​​​
just boarding pass and I would use the J check in. Technically you're entitled to priority check in as Silver anyway
Old Mar 18, 2018, 5:00 am

​​​​​​
just boarding pass and I would use the J check in. Technically you're entitled to priority check in as Silver anyway
Cool, thanks.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 6:22 am

Programs: LH HON; EK Plat; QR G; IC-RA; HH D; WoH Glob
​​​​​​
Indeed, try the Business check-in. However, as by the rules, you would still need to use the Economy Silver check-in, since this is considered to be the priority check-in for silver in DXB
Flame3601 likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by DanielW

Many thanks.
you are the most un-dubai expat ever.

j check in of course so get the cab to take you to the biz and first area and then as silver you will have lounge access in Dxb.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.