Old Feb 5, 2018, 3:09 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by thijsseh
Surely your 'notes' should at least mention your diplomatic status on FT
I'd be scared if EK knew, as I've certainly never told them
Old Feb 5, 2018, 3:54 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
I'd be scared if EK knew, as I've certainly never told them
I'm sure they're very capable of knowing who is who.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 6:07 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by ElJudioErrante
I'm sure they're very capable of knowing who is who.
How many Gold members who fly almost exclusively Y, based in CPT? And those are just very obvious pointers. If one goes more carefully through skywardhunters posts, there will be lots of other giveaways. Just like for quite a few others.
So, yes, I agree with you, ElJudioErrante.
If EK is actually interested in doing this is entirely another matter!
Old Feb 5, 2018, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by thijsseh

How many Gold members who fly almost exclusively Y, based in CPT? And those are just very obvious pointers. If one goes more carefully through skywardhunters posts, there will be lots of other giveaways. Just like for quite a few others.
So, yes, I agree with you, ElJudioErrante.
If EK is actually interested in doing this is entirely another matter!
100%. I've accidentally posted screenshots of my account with my name not blanked out until someone else pointed it out and I edited the post, I've sent EK links to FT threads with suggestions for improvements via Twitter DM, I've shared specific flight and seat numbers which would allow EK to just look at a manifest. But I doubt they're proactively doing this, thus I doubt there is any actual link recorded on EK systems. It's something I've wondered about many times.

As to how many CPT based Golds who fly mostly Y, probably more than a handful. Also I was based in HYD for a long time buying tickets originating from there, and have also bought lots of ex-JNB tickets, so that might throw them off.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 10:48 am

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
What if you fly using a non-Skywards number? Guessing no notes for me? Or is there an alternate way to identify people?
Old Feb 5, 2018, 10:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Metanoia
What if you fly using a non-Skywards number? Guessing no notes for me? Or is there an alternate way to identify people?
notes are for frequent j and f status flyers
Old Feb 5, 2018, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by m3red

notes are for frequent j and f status flyers
Notes are for (at least) ALL EK status flyers
Old Feb 5, 2018, 7:48 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by Metanoia
Unlikely. The offers EK sends to my email address registered for my skywards account are economy (befitting what is now blue status). They seem oblivious to my frequent travels on EK in first and business under QF and other FFPs.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 1:02 am

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Unlikely. The offers EK sends to my email address registered for my skywards account are economy (befitting what is now blue status). They seem oblivious to my frequent travels on EK in first and business under QF and other FFPs.
In your account preferences you can specify your preferred class of service. It's probably as simple as being based on that.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by ElJudioErrante
Notes are for (at least) ALL EK status flyers
Notes are for everyone - but the Purser tablet is only really going to have Skywards pax on it and even then, it may not have the full "pax special profile" on it
Old Feb 7, 2018, 12:45 pm

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
Are those notes supposed to be confidential, or can it be given to pax ?
Old Feb 7, 2018, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by ioto1902
Are those notes supposed to be confidential, or can it be given to pax ?
Supposed to be confidential, I would expect - but given EK and the UAE's attitude toward information security you'd probably only get it clamped down on after a few firings...
ElJudioErrante likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 1:39 am

Programs: EK Plat, OWE (BA), *A Gold (TK), EY Gold*
Notes are for ALL passengers, regardless of whether Skywards members and/or with or without status.

If a pax (no skywards / no status) is difficult or has a problem on a flight / has a birthday / loses something etc etc then notes can be added and attached to that passenger to forewarn others about behaviour and/or give chance for service recovery. Your behaviour will follow you.... and crew can determine when such notes expire.

EK is not alone in implementing this system.

The majority of passengers (and Skywards members) seldom have many notes unless they're complete .......s or unless they've suffered a service issue. Things like drink preference etc and aisle / window preference are all recorded in Skywards account page.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 5:47 am

Programs: Skywards Gold/ Hilton Honors Diamond
Omg, I would hate to see my husbands. He is the King of Complaints. Yikes! He literally moans if it takes them over 10 mins to bring his water. I'm cringing thinking about it.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 6:12 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
It would be great if the notes contained a running total of the amount of flights you have taken. That way when some obnoxious z begins his complaint even before take off with the usual "do you know how many times I have flown with EK?" the FA can calmly reply with "yes, this is only your second time and we know you are flying on a cheap email upgrade...."
Seat54 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.