Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Bad Customer Service Experience: Am I in the Wrong?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bad Customer Service Experience: Am I in the Wrong?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2018, 7:45 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Of course there can be consistncy and there should be consistency.

If event A is something for which compensation is determined not to be payable, then all agentd should decline to give compensation
If event B is something for which compensation of a particular levl should be paid, then that is what should be paid

With a consistent approach, all get treated equally, not based on luck of agent connected to or by whining hard enough to as many agents as possible

You missed the flight and when it was found that you booked through an agent, you were quite correctly referred back to the agent. If you had booked with Emirates, then Emirate's ticketing staff would have dealt with it
+1

Consistency is a hallmark of good service. Of course everyone wants "just one more thing." But, if that happens, the people standing behind OP never get served and someone else perhaps does not make the earlier flight.

This one is not about fault or blame. It is simply about responsibility for the reroute. It is the plating/marketing carrier's responsibility other than where a carrier causes a misconnect. Without arguing the minutiae, EK clearly believed that it did not cause the misconnect and it is likely that parsing of the facts which the allegedly unathletic staff member was referring to.
ElJudioErrante likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 9:20 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ASismyfav
If the plane is there to go to my final destination, and I can make it, and there is enough time, why is asking EK to put me on the flight arrogant?

is there a possible cultural difference here? Because in America this is a no brainer to help someone who misses a flight. So I don’t understand. Asking to be put on a flight to where you’re suppose to be going, when there is enough time, is not asking for special treatment, at least not in America.
I am an American and do not see any cultural differences here. But it does seem right to move on. You missed the flight and it was mostly your fault. Yes, EK should have been more accomodating.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 9:22 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by extramileage
I think this horse is dead.
Doesn’t stop some people flogging them though....
Old Feb 5, 2018, 9:40 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Why are airport ground staff so rigid and unaccomadating in ME3?
I've asked this before, and you didn't reply from what I can tell.

When did the shouting and bawling occur? Before or after you'd been told that you needed to make any changes via AS?
Old Feb 5, 2018, 4:08 pm

First off I did not “miss the flight.” I had DXB-MEL with a misconnect, and they refused to put me on the hour later flights of DXB-MEL or DXB-AKL-MEL. I’m not god, and I cannot control accidents, unfortunately. I would not be getting something I’m not entitled to. I held a valid ticket for travel on this route. The ticket remained valid, despite EK supervisors making a decision solely based on money, and not Customer Service.

Second off I was not “found that l booked through an agent, and were quite correctly referred back to the agent. immediately who I booked with.” Immediately? No. Had that happened I could have gotten Alaska to get me on those flights. I learned an important lesson. Your statement is absurd. Did you totally miss the part where the supervisor kept me there screaming and arguing with me while all the flights I could’ve gotten on left? I’d at least of had some respect for Emirates if they said “we can’t (don’t want to) help you call Alaska” from the beginning. But it was more important for EK supervisor to yell and argue with me.

The supervisor argued with me until all flights possible had taken off . So there was nothing “immediate” about any of this.
If the supervisor....who surely has to deal with constant difficult situations and is presumably well trained ....is "screaming and arguing", then the screaming is at least a response and a severe one.
Its takes (at least 2) to make an argument.
I've seen various "disagreements" in similar situations in airports including a few at DXB and the EK supervisors....no matter the situation....do their best to remain calm.Overall they do a remarkable job.Sometimes I have a question for them re eg ticketing, baggage and I get a very professional and quick response.
Your question ..."Am I in the wrong?" ,I can only partially answer as follows....The other passengers made the connection,so they at least are "in the right"
I'm sure most if not all on this thread are eagerly awaiting to know the reply to you from EK customer services.

​​

​​​​
Old Feb 5, 2018, 8:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

First off I did not “miss the flight.” I had DXB-MEL with a misconnect, and they refused to put me on the hour later flights of DXB-MEL or DXB-AKL-MEL. I’m not god, and I cannot control accidents, unfortunately. I would not be getting something I’m not entitled to. I held a valid ticket for travel on this route. The ticket remained valid, despite EK supervisors making a decision solely based on money, and not Customer Service.

You missed the flight for a reason that is not the airline's problem - therefore you were a no show. It matters not whether you can control it - there are plenty of things that cannot be controlled - that is why travel insurance exists.

It had no responsibility to rebook you on any flight. Your qgent (AS) is responsible for any rebooking if possible

Second off I was not “found that l booked through an agent, and were quite correctly referred back to the agent. immediately who I booked with.” Immediately? No. Had that happened I could have gotten Alaska to get me on those flights. I learned an important lesson. Your statement is absurd. Did you totally miss the part where the supervisor kept me there screaming and arguing with me while all the flights I could’ve gotten on left? I’d at least of had some respect for Emirates if they said “we can’t (don’t want to) help you call Alaska” from the beginning. But it was more important for EK supervisor to yell and argue with me.

The supervisor argued with me until all flights possible had taken off . So there was nothing “immediate” about any of this.
I have exterme difficultly that the agent just decided to scream and argue
Regardless, it takes a minimum of 2 to have an argument
with a no show , it was the ticketing agent responsible. did you make a point of stating up front that your booking was made through an agent?
Old Feb 5, 2018, 11:09 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

I was asking why Customer Service was like that based on what @whimike said that he was a frequent business traveler and flew often on the ME3 on paid premium cabins.

So everyone calm down before we start another race card PC debate.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 11:19 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

People can take snips at me, and make their own decisions that it takes two to argue. I was not yelling, he was adamant proving EK was correct and was yelling at me to the point I had to ask him to please calm down.

I had no intention, and did not do any yelling because I thought at the time he was the only way to help me, so I did not want to get him mad and was actually very calm towards him.

I was extremely respectful. Making him mad was in no way beneficial to me, so I did not yell at anyone, I can assure all of you. In fact I thanked the airport manager for coming to talk to me, even though he told me I was wrong and a no show and had to pay now (which wasn’t the case).
Old Feb 5, 2018, 11:58 pm

I'm still unclear why the OP missed his flight when 10 other people made the connection.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 12:06 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
I've asked this before, and you didn't reply from what I can tell.

When did the shouting and bawling occur? Before or after you'd been told that you needed to make any changes via AS?
And again you fail to answer...

So, I'll draw my own conclusions on exactly what happened here.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 12:07 am

So everyone calm down before we start another race card PC debate.
What's that supposed to mean?
Old Feb 6, 2018, 1:32 am

Originally Posted by simons1
I'm still unclear why the OP missed his flight when 10 other people made the connection.
Its quite clear....because OP didn't join them in doing the correct thing !
Old Feb 6, 2018, 1:55 am
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
I reckon you should have gone to the toilet earlier mate. Would have saved a heap of trouble.
Saltire74 and ElJudioErrante like this.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 2:03 am
Suspended
Original Poster

First off everybody in this thread has to remember that I was probably in the first 10 people off the plane. And I got on the business class bus. Then we got caught in the accident with no way to reverse. So that means the 540 people behind me got on other buses.

I’m assuming by that time busses were being rerouted because of the accident on the tarmac where the police were called. That would explain the other 10 passengers.

I also caught the supervisor in a lie when he said there’s only one way the buses go to the terminal, so that if the accident was the reason for the miss connect, everybody would’ve missed connect he had said. Of course we all know that is not true.

I knew that wasn’t true when I asked him about other bus routes, and that’s when he began screaming and became enraged because I had caught him in a blatant lie.

We also don’t even know if there were 10 passengers. When I was quizzical about that he started to get very mad too, and was yelling. Ten people supposedly made this flight. That’s what they told me, I have no idea if it’s true or not.

But I just want to be clear here that I’m not trying to make problems, start arguments, twist facts, or any other juvenile hoopla.

What I’m trying to understand is if my ticket is still valid, why at 9:35 AM the supervisor can’t get me a boarding pass and say let’s go get you on the nonstop flight it leaves at 10:05. I would have even gladly paid Emirates a fare fee (even if it was not my fault). We now know that the ticket was valid, the circumstances in which I missed my original flight we’re not clear whose fault it was. So why not step up, be proactive, and help a customer whose just gonna end up on the flight at 3am? So instead you just made the passenger suffer and wait 17 hours? An entire extra day of my trip ruined? Where is the customer service in that?

People can go back-and-forth on who’s fault this unfortunate incident was, and that just shows that it’s not clear who was actually at fault. I have a valid ticket, why not just help out the passenger? Some have said I’m being “entitled.” So I’m not entitled to the next flight, I’m only entitled to wait 17 hours for the 3am flight? That doesn’t make sense, let alone common sense.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 2:09 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sydtogla
I reckon you should have gone to the toilet earlier mate. Would have saved a heap of trouble.
Finally something we all can agree on!
ElJudioErrante likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.