Wiki Posts
Search

A380 Service MEL-AKL-MEL

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2018, 12:00 am
Suspended
Original Poster

A380 Service MEL-AKL-MEL

What is the first-class service on the A380 on this route? I don’t suppose they offer showers?
Old Jan 28, 2018, 12:44 am

Programs: Delta DM-2MM,VAus VIP,, MR/Bonvoy LT Platinum, AA Ex Plat,LH FT, HH,hyatt, Accor Gold
I am
I am on same in 2 weeks, haven’t decided on upgrade yet
Old Jan 28, 2018, 6:15 am
Suspended
Original Poster

BUMP

Does anyone know what the service is in these classes, specifically First? I’m booked in F on them and I’m wondering what to expect. I’m considering taking them out of my itinerary, and just stay in Melbourne.

Also sinxe EX is getting rid of them it should be interesting.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 7:16 am

There's shower, and DP. No caviar or dine-on-demand, but the food was quite good. There's no snack basket and I haven't gotten the fruit snack after the shower, and I think there was supposed to some kind of display in front of the F cabin that wasn't there, but otherwise I think it's the "full" F experience (though of course you probably won't be able to get a good nights sleep because of the length of the flight).

I've gotten amenity kit and PJs on AKL-MEL, but not on MEL-AKL.

If you haven't had the chance to experience EK F before, I'd go for it — I booked it as a side-trip out of AKL for ~1000E RT and was super excited to take a shower while sipping on DP at 40k feet — one of the most absurd experiences of my life, for sure.

Last edited by klausa; Jan 28, 2018 at 7:25 am
Old Jan 28, 2018, 7:49 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by klausa
There's shower, and DP. No caviar or dine-on-demand, but the food was quite good. There's no snack basket and I haven't gotten the fruit snack after the shower, and I think there was supposed to some kind of display in front of the F cabin that wasn't there, but otherwise I think it's the "full" F experience (though of course you probably won't be able to get a good nights sleep because of the length of the flight).

I've gotten amenity kit and PJs on AKL-MEL, but not on MEL-AKL.

If you haven't had the chance to experience EK F before, I'd go for it — I booked it as a side-trip out of AKL for ~1000E RT and was super excited to take a shower while sipping on DP at 40k feet — one of the most absurd experiences of my life, for sure.
They let you shower for a 4hr flight? That surprises me. I’ve been on the A380 long haul in F many times so it wouldn’t be a great first time or anything.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by ASismyfav

They let you shower for a 4hr flight? That surprises me. I’ve been on the A380 long haul in F many times so it wouldn’t be a great first time or anything.
Yup, both ways.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 8:06 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by ASismyfav

I've even had a shower on the 3hr HKG-BKK sector... why not?
Old Jan 28, 2018, 11:24 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Yes to shower, decent food & beverages.

No to amenity kit, pajamas, snack bowl.

Pre-departure bubbles is variable - sometimes it is Moet and sometimes the good stuff.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 1:02 am

Programs: BA Silver, TAP Gold, EK Silver, Hilton Diamond, Miles and More
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Yes to shower, decent food & beverages.

No to amenity kit, pajamas, snack bowl.

Pre-departure bubbles is variable - sometimes it is Moet and sometimes the good stuff.
Amenity kit is available on request, so by all means ask if you fancy one, was not a problem for me. Could imagine same applies for PJs but never asked.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 11:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold; AS MVP
Yes. They are prepared for showers, even on shorter A380 flights in F. I can shower between Dubai and Jeddah, which is about 3 hours away. It is a rushed dinner and the normal 25-30 minutes in the shower suite. When you leave, none of the 'spa' treatment like the flight to LAX to/from Dubai. Done it only once because I spent the day in Dubai before an evening flight to JED and hadn't had a chance to change clothes. Showered, changed clothes and met friends at the airport in Jeddah, going out for the evening there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.