Community
Wiki Posts
Search

amenity kit jfk-mxp?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2018, 9:11 am
Original Poster

amenity kit jfk-mxp?

can anybody confirm if there is an amenity kit/pajamas handed out in first or business on either jfk-mxp or mxp-jfk? 10:20pm and 4:20pm departures . I may be flying business 1 way, and first the other. thanks!
Old Jan 27, 2018, 9:48 am

Programs: Ex-5C club, Skymiles Gold
Originally Posted by dan88
can anybody confirm if there is an amenity kit/pajamas handed out in first or business on either jfk-mxp or mxp-jfk? 10:20pm and 4:20pm departures . I may be flying business 1 way, and first the other. thanks!
I can confirm 10:20pm JFK-MXP in F has amenity kits, pajamas and normal long haul service. Not sure about J but I would guess you get a kit.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 7:56 pm

Programs: EK platinum, ET, SAS
I flew MXP-JFK in J this time last year. No amenity kit.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 6:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by EKplat
I flew MXP-JFK in J this time last year. No amenity kit.
pretty disappointing, was going to fly f mxp-jfk, never flew f before was looking forward to the pajamas. Maybe i can ask and i'll get lucky. Thanks
Old Jan 28, 2018, 8:04 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by dan88
pretty disappointing, was going to fly f mxp-jfk, never flew f before was looking forward to the pajamas. Maybe i can ask and i'll get lucky. Thanks
It's a daytime flight which is why they might not be pro-actively handed out, you can definitely ask and should get an amenity kit, not sure about PJs
Old Jan 28, 2018, 8:13 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Theres normally amenity kits stored in the lockers which separates the two business class compartments (behind row 21). Easier enough to help yourself when nobody is looking!
DatBoi likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 8:17 am
Suspended

Programs: EY Guest Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, Le Club Accor Silver, AAdvantage Gold
Originally Posted by Will08
Theres normally amenity kits stored in the lockers which separates the two business class compartments (behind row 21). Easier enough to help yourself when nobody is looking!
Thank you my kind friend. I shall bag a few (hundred) Bvlgari Amenity kits purely for the kit itself and the body lotion/aftershave/cologne when I fly DXB-LHR later this year
Old Jan 28, 2018, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by DatBoi

Thank you my kind friend. I shall bag a few (hundred) Bvlgari Amenity kits purely for the kit itself and the body lotion/aftershave/cologne when I fly DXB-LHR later this year
Don't.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 8:20 am
Suspended

Programs: EY Guest Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, Le Club Accor Silver, AAdvantage Gold
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Don't.
You want me to leave you a few
Old Jan 28, 2018, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by DatBoi

You want me to leave you a few
No, the Y amwnity kits are stored elsewhere...
DatBoi likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 3:48 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
I was surprised that yesterday I was given the carry bag with pyjamas and slippers on EK15, DXB/LGW which departs 7:40 and arrives 11:40. Clearly a daytime flight and not a very long one at that. But no amenity kit, which I bought would have been more useful (for the aftershave, since I shaved and showered).

Now I wonder what will happen on the reverse flight EK16 in three weeks time. This one arrives DXB around midnight. Anyone know what to expect?
Old Jan 29, 2018, 4:23 am

Originally Posted by thijsseh
I was surprised that yesterday I was given the carry bag with pyjamas and slippers on EK15, DXB/LGW which departs 7:40 and arrives 11:40. Clearly a daytime flight and not a very long one at that. But no amenity kit, which I bought would have been more useful (for the aftershave, since I shaved and showered).

Now I wonder what will happen on the reverse flight EK16 in three weeks time. This one arrives DXB around midnight. Anyone know what to expect?
​​​​​​They declined to hand you an amenity kit when you asked?
Old Jan 29, 2018, 4:37 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
​​​​​​They declined to hand you an amenity kit when you asked?

No, I know I should have asked and I am sure I would have been given one. But I did not... Stupid.
Strange though that we were given the pyjamas (and the carry bag which was nice as I always struggle to get all the handouts into my carryon bag) but no amenity kit.
I had a kit from the previous flight in my hand luggage and I used that one instead.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 7:41 am

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Originally Posted by thijsseh
If you book the shower spa, they should normally give you an amenity kit. On a recent (day-time) flight, I was proactively given the beach bag with my slippers in before TO. When I later headed to the shower spa with my bag (and some of my own stuff in it), the FA came rushing after me with an amenity bag and apologised for not having put it in the bag earlier. When I asked for PJs, she said that she'd check - and then left them in my suite for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.