Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page > EK blocking seats for status pax now...?

EK blocking seats for status pax now...?

Reply

Old Jan 14, 18, 3:38 am
  #1
Original Poster
Ambassador: Emirates
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Economy, mostly :(
Programs: Skywards Gold
Posts: 4,606
EK blocking seats for status pax now...?

I'm in 9A. Flight is full so hoping to end up with an op-up, am sure the seat won't remain blocked/empty, but if the flight weren't full this is a promising development...




​​​
skywardhunter is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 18, 4:00 am
  #2
Original Poster
Ambassador: Emirates
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Economy, mostly :(
Programs: Skywards Gold
Posts: 4,606
My bad... I guess they're just blocked as they're paid
skywardhunter is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 18, 5:24 am
  #3
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Manchester/London
Programs: Skywards
Posts: 116
Too much Heineken?
Will08 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 18, 5:28 am
  #4
Original Poster
Ambassador: Emirates
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Economy, mostly :(
Programs: Skywards Gold
Posts: 4,606
Originally Posted by Will08 View Post
Too much Heineken?
​​​​​​Rather too much biryani more likely. That said I'm excited to have a tiger on tonight's flight
skywardhunter is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 18, 5:36 am
  #5
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Manchester/London
Programs: Skywards
Posts: 116
Originally Posted by skywardhunter View Post
​​​​​​Rather too much biryani more likely. That said I'm excited to have a tiger on tonight's flight
Tiger and Biryani, thats a combination I can't argue with, enjoy!
Will08 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 18, 6:32 am
  #6
Original Poster
Ambassador: Emirates
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Economy, mostly :(
Programs: Skywards Gold
Posts: 4,606
Originally Posted by Will08 View Post
Tiger and Biryani, thats a combination I can't argue with, enjoy!
​​​​​​Wish they were combined Biryani for lunch and Tiger in the 4am bone breaker out if HYD tomorrow morning.

Chances are there'll be biryani on the flight though, but not a big fan of EK Biryani, it's more like Mandi biryani rather than Hyderabadi din dum ki biryani, less flavoursome and with sultanas...urgh
skywardhunter is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 18, 6:57 am
  #7
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 11,772
Originally Posted by skywardhunter View Post
My bad... I guess they're just blocked as they're paid
Somebody actually paid for a middle seat!
DYKWIA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 18, 7:43 am
  #8
Original Poster
Ambassador: Emirates
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Economy, mostly :(
Programs: Skywards Gold
Posts: 4,606
Originally Posted by DYKWIA View Post
Somebody actually paid for a middle seat!
No, it's blocked because it's available to be paid for. None of the paid for seating ever appears as available on EF etc until check-in. But also a couple travelling together might select an aisle and middle or window and middle.
skywardhunter is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 18, 11:36 am
  #9
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Cape Town
Programs: BA Exec Gold , Emirates Skywards Plat , SAA Voyager Silver.
Posts: 1,240
Knowing how full all flight to and from India are , i would better my bottom of dollar that the middle seat does get taken at check in. On a side note now i am in the mood for a Tiger , will have to settle with a Castle
Flame3601 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 18, 12:04 pm
  #10
Original Poster
Ambassador: Emirates
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Economy, mostly :(
Programs: Skywards Gold
Posts: 4,606
Originally Posted by Flame3601 View Post
Knowing how full all flight to and from India are , i would better my bottom of dollar that the middle seat does get taken at check in. On a side note now i am in the mood for a Tiger , will have to settle with a Castle
Another 24 hours until I have a Castle. Trying not to get my hopes up for an op-up but recently luck has been on my side. Having Indian beer to tide me over until the flight (Kingfisher Ultra)
Flame3601 likes this.
skywardhunter is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 18, 1:50 pm
  #11
Ambassador, Emirates
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: MAN DXB ✈️
Programs: Skywards Platinum
Posts: 5,832
Theyve always done this
m3red is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 18, 2:49 am
  #12
Ambassador: Emirates
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Sydney
Programs: EK Gold, SPG gold, QF Silver, KLM FB, Shangri-La GC Jade
Posts: 586
I had a kind person block 51F for me on a 380 once. I was in 51G. Made a bit difference for the long leg from SYD-DXB. Maybe they do block....I've not had to try it since as I've been in the 'kinder cabins'.
thijsseh likes this.
sydtogla is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 18, 5:17 am
  #13
Original Poster
Ambassador: Emirates
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Economy, mostly :(
Programs: Skywards Gold
Posts: 4,606
Originally Posted by sydtogla View Post
I had a kind person block 51F for me on a 380 once. I was in 51G. Made a bit difference for the long leg from SYD-DXB. Maybe they do block....I've not had to try it since as I've been in the 'kinder cabins'.
Well seat next to me on EK770 isn't occupied so maybe ..? Plus the lady in 18H (aisle) tried upgrade on board but didn't have enough miles. Shame because I'd have loved 3 seats. She seemed quite sad, wasn't helped when 10 seconds later the cabin supervisor showed up and welcomed me back on board and completely ignored her (presumably silver).

Crazy fog in DXB this morning, lots of delays, awesome Autoland in super thick fog, couldn't see edge of runway from my window once we landed and only about 3 taxiway lights ahead, lovely long delay on 770 to CPT, though I somehow managed to be on the last pax bus to board and got told off for being late (flight delayed to 9.40 announced, I showed up at 8.58...?)
skywardhunter is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 18, 6:14 am
  #14
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: LHR / AMS / CPT
Programs: SA KL BA EK
Posts: 1,732
Originally Posted by skywardhunter View Post
Well seat next to me on EK770 isn't occupied so maybe ..? Plus the lady in 18H (aisle) tried upgrade on board but didn't have enough miles. Shame because I'd have loved 3 seats. She seemed quite sad, wasn't helped when 10 seconds later the cabin supervisor showed up and welcomed me back on board and completely ignored her (presumably silver).

Crazy fog in DXB this morning, lots of delays, awesome Autoland in super thick fog, couldn't see edge of runway from my window once we landed and only about 3 taxiway lights ahead, lovely long delay on 770 to CPT, though I somehow managed to be on the last pax bus to board and got told off for being late (flight delayed to 9.40 announced, I showed up at 8.58...?)
And the WiFi is working well, I see....
thijsseh is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 18, 7:19 am
  #15
Original Poster
Ambassador: Emirates
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Economy, mostly :(
Programs: Skywards Gold
Posts: 4,606
Originally Posted by thijsseh View Post
And the WiFi is working well, I see....
Always works well for me
thijsseh likes this.
skywardhunter is offline  
Reply With Quote
 


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 9:06 pm.

Home - News - Forum - Hotel Reviews - Glossary - Contact Us - Airport Code Lookup - Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Cookie Policy - Advertise on FlyerTalk - Archive - Top

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by Flyertalk.com. Copyright 2017 FlyerTalk.com. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.