FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Emirates | Skywards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards-490/)
-   -   EK blocking seats for status pax now...? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards/1888274-ek-blocking-seats-status-pax-now.html)

skywardhunter Jan 14, 2018 2:38 am

EK blocking seats for status pax now...?

I'm in 9A. Flight is full so hoping to end up with an op-up, am sure the seat won't remain blocked/empty, but if the flight weren't full this is a promising development...

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...60ac90c5ca.jpg

​​​

skywardhunter Jan 14, 2018 3:00 am

My bad... I guess they're just blocked as they're paid

Will08 Jan 14, 2018 4:24 am

Too much Heineken? :p

skywardhunter Jan 14, 2018 4:28 am

Originally Posted by Will08 (Post 29290714)
Too much Heineken? :p

​​​​​​Rather too much biryani more likely. That said I'm excited to have a tiger on tonight's flight

Will08 Jan 14, 2018 4:36 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter (Post 29290719)
​​​​​​Rather too much biryani more likely. That said I'm excited to have a tiger on tonight's flight

Tiger and Biryani, thats a combination I can't argue with, enjoy!

skywardhunter Jan 14, 2018 5:32 am

Originally Posted by Will08 (Post 29290736)
Tiger and Biryani, thats a combination I can't argue with, enjoy!

​​​​​​Wish they were combined :D Biryani for lunch and Tiger in the 4am bone breaker out if HYD tomorrow morning.

Chances are there'll be biryani on the flight though, but not a big fan of EK Biryani, it's more like Mandi biryani rather than Hyderabadi din dum ki biryani, less flavoursome and with sultanas...urgh

DYKWIA Jan 14, 2018 5:57 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter (Post 29290550)
My bad... I guess they're just blocked as they're paid

Somebody actually paid for a middle seat! :o

skywardhunter Jan 14, 2018 6:43 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA (Post 29290893)
Somebody actually paid for a middle seat! :o

No, it's blocked because it's available to be paid for. None of the paid for seating ever appears as available on EF etc until check-in. But also a couple travelling together might select an aisle and middle or window and middle.

Flame3601 Jan 14, 2018 10:36 am

Knowing how full all flight to and from India are , i would better my bottom of dollar that the middle seat does get taken at check in. On a side note now i am in the mood for a Tiger , will have to settle with a Castle :rolleyes:

skywardhunter Jan 14, 2018 11:04 am

Originally Posted by Flame3601 (Post 29291755)
Knowing how full all flight to and from India are , i would better my bottom of dollar that the middle seat does get taken at check in. On a side note now i am in the mood for a Tiger , will have to settle with a Castle :rolleyes:

Another 24 hours until I have a Castle. Trying not to get my hopes up for an op-up but recently luck has been on my side. Having Indian beer to tide me over until the flight (Kingfisher Ultra)

m3red Jan 14, 2018 12:50 pm

They’ve always done this

sydtogla Jan 15, 2018 1:49 am

I had a kind person block 51F for me on a 380 once. I was in 51G. Made a bit difference for the long leg from SYD-DXB. Maybe they do block....I've not had to try it since as I've been in the 'kinder cabins'.

skywardhunter Jan 15, 2018 4:17 am

Originally Posted by sydtogla (Post 29294127)
I had a kind person block 51F for me on a 380 once. I was in 51G. Made a bit difference for the long leg from SYD-DXB. Maybe they do block....I've not had to try it since as I've been in the 'kinder cabins'.

Well seat next to me on EK770 isn't occupied so maybe ..? Plus the lady in 18H (aisle) tried upgrade on board but didn't have enough miles. Shame because I'd have loved 3 seats. She seemed quite sad, wasn't helped when 10 seconds later the cabin supervisor showed up and welcomed me back on board and completely ignored her (presumably silver).

Crazy fog in DXB this morning, lots of delays, awesome Autoland in super thick fog, couldn't see edge of runway from my window once we landed and only about 3 taxiway lights ahead, lovely long delay on 770 to CPT, though I somehow managed to be on the last pax bus to board and got told off for being late (flight delayed to 9.40 announced, I showed up at 8.58...?)

thijsseh Jan 15, 2018 5:14 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter (Post 29294348)
Well seat next to me on EK770 isn't occupied so maybe ..? Plus the lady in 18H (aisle) tried upgrade on board but didn't have enough miles. Shame because I'd have loved 3 seats. She seemed quite sad, wasn't helped when 10 seconds later the cabin supervisor showed up and welcomed me back on board and completely ignored her (presumably silver).

Crazy fog in DXB this morning, lots of delays, awesome Autoland in super thick fog, couldn't see edge of runway from my window once we landed and only about 3 taxiway lights ahead, lovely long delay on 770 to CPT, though I somehow managed to be on the last pax bus to board and got told off for being late (flight delayed to 9.40 announced, I showed up at 8.58...?)

And the WiFi is working well, I see.... :)

skywardhunter Jan 15, 2018 6:19 am

Originally Posted by thijsseh (Post 29294469)
And the WiFi is working well, I see.... :)

Always works well for me