Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrading Partner Award to F

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2018, 3:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Upgrading Partner Award to F

I am looking to make a booking with EK from SFO to DXB using Partner Miles.

I last flew flew this route in F 3 years ago when this was serviced by a 777,

i am looking at booking into Business or First.

if if I book into Business do Emirates allow promotional paid upgrades at check-in or at the airport to First Class and how much is this likely cost going to be based on recent data points?
Old Jan 6, 2018, 4:23 pm

Programs: EK Platinum, BA/SQ Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Platinum
I have only asked a couple of times and there seemed to be nothing discounted at all, it was a hefty amount in line with the fare for the sector. These days I just use points but twice in 2017 it was refused all the way until I stood in the galley on boarding when they confirmed first was empty....it’s all gone a little weird.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 10:25 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by navatwal
I am looking to make a booking with EK from SFO to DXB using Partner Miles.

I last flew flew this route in F 3 years ago when this was serviced by a 777,

i am looking at booking into Business or First.

if if I book into Business do Emirates allow promotional paid upgrades at check-in or at the airport to First Class and how much is this likely cost going to be based on recent data points?
Occasionally you'll get an email shortly before OLCI or an offer during OLCI, but it differs by flight and is basically up to rev management, if you don't get such an offer then it's the fare difference.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 11:37 pm

Programs: EK Platinum, BA/SQ Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Occasionally you'll get an email shortly before OLCI or an offer during OLCI, but it differs by flight and is basically up to rev management, if you don't get such an offer then it's the fare difference.
​​​​​
have you been offered this from J to F before.
I've never seen that at all. Maybe it's the flights I take where it just doesn't happen

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.