Wiki Posts
Search

Today's EK201

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2018, 12:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Today's EK201

Thank god I'm not on the DXB-JFK today, looks like it keeps circling over Conneticut/Rhode Island as it tries to land at JFK.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/UAE201
Old Jan 4, 2018, 12:40 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Diverting to IAD.

S
Old Jan 4, 2018, 12:43 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by hi55us
Thank god I'm not on the DXB-JFK today, looks like it keeps circling over Conneticut/Rhode Island as it tries to land at JFK.
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/UAE201
Currently over Allentown, north of PHL. Seems to be diverting to an alternate.

Edit. Saltire74 was quicker.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 8:45 pm

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
A little surprised that no one has mentioned till now that passengers were bussed to JFK which sounds terrible after a 14 hour flight.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 11:48 pm

Programs: Ex-5C club, Skymiles Gold
First world question: Did the F passengers ride on the same bus as the J and Y?
sydtogla, thijsseh and hi55us like this.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 11:52 pm
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by Flaneurs
Surely individual transfers for F pax.
Flaneurs likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 6:35 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by Flaneurs

Heaven forbid!
Old Jan 5, 2018, 7:02 am
Suspended

Programs: EY Guest Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, Le Club Accor Silver, AAdvantage Gold
Originally Posted by thijsseh

Heaven forbid!
UL didn't seperate us J pax from the lowly Y peasantry. Oh the horrors
Old Jan 5, 2018, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by DatBoi
UL didn't seperate us J pax from the lowly Y peasantry. Oh the horrors
The sheer stench of all of those disease-ridden specimens must have been quite terrifying
DatBoi and hi55us like this.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 11:20 pm

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Originally Posted by kq747
A little surprised that no one has mentioned till now that passengers were bussed to JFK which sounds terrible after a 14 hour flight.
EK 203 on Jan 5 turned around almost 4 hours into its flight to JFK as weather there worsened. Imagine going to sleep upon takeoff (2:35am departure) and waking up 7.5 hours later... in Dubai!.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/a...6-euk#10085b9e
Old Jan 7, 2018, 12:14 pm

The situation in NY is total chaos. I was supposed to fly out on EK202 on 4 Jan and could not make it to the airport due to severe road conditions and a notice from the FAA and JFK that all flights suspended until 7am 5 Jan.

Somehow EK listed the flight as departing on time - the only one not cancelled of all 4 Jan JFK flights, so figured it was a technical glitch. Call centers impossible to reach - took tremendous effort (line constantly busy signal but couple times I got through it disconnected). Late night I reached an agent, forced to pay a change fee to be put on a 6 Jan flight. That flight was cancelled by abrupt SMS a few hours later. For three days I spent hours trying to reach EK - have finally been confirmed on a flight leaving on the 9th, five days after my original flight. They offer no compensation and are asking $10,259 one way for business class ticket. (Return leg was Econ flex.)

But I have it easy compared to the poor passengers at the airport. The Thursday night flight finally took off Saturday morning - was rescheduled Friday at 11pm, delayed to early morning and kept getting hourly delays, only taking off around 9:30am. Must have been miserable! Local news and NY Times report passengers sitting in planes for over four hours then waiting over four hours for luggage.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 7:23 pm

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by extramileage
EK 203 on Jan 5 turned around almost 4 hours into its flight to JFK as weather there worsened. Imagine going to sleep upon takeoff (2:35am departure) and waking up 7.5 hours later... in Dubai!.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/a...6-euk#10085b9e
Honestly with the way things have been at JFK not only with EK and other airlines but also T1/T4, that doesn't sound like the worst thing. I'd rather go back to DXB and find a more alternative and possibly better routing if possible to avoid JFK with the hours of waiting for customs/baggage/gate assignments not to mention the flooding today and the two 777's colliding. It's been a giant debacle all over.
My friends MIL was supposed to fly BOS-JFK-SVO on Thursday but the first flight was cancelled so they bussed to JFK only to be told that their flight was diverted to IAD and they should try get there so they bussed it IAD. Still not sure if they boarded in IAD or were made to go back to JFK as I saw two 777 flights from IAD to JFK yesterday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.