Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR to EK status match

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2018, 8:36 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by Work-Shy
Does anyone here have a good contact/e-mail address for Emirates/Skywards in the UK (where my Skywards account is registered) please? I am actually resident in the UAE and hold QR Platinum status and (from next month) SQ Gold. Given the current embargo situation with Qatar, I have flown EK recently and plan to do more in the future. Therefore, a status match would be quite useful. Having suffered the usual shortcomings of customer service/telephone reps in the UAE, I am content to leave my Skywards account registered in the UK and take my chances asking them for a status match. Any help or guidance would be much appreciated.
When I applied for my status match (UK based) all correspondence came from MAN after the initial request via the EK website. But remember that if it’s granted, it will usually only be one tier above what your current level is.

S
Work-Shy likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 10:16 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Saltire74

When I applied for my status match (UK based) all correspondence came from MAN after the initial request via the EK website. But remember that if it’s granted, it will usually only be one tier above what your current level is.

S
below you mean?
Old Jan 23, 2018, 12:20 pm

No. One above your current EK tier is what's been reported. eg Work-shy may be QR Platinum and SQ Gold and might hope for a status match to EK Gold. However, if he's currently EK Skywards Blue, the status offered will only be to Skywards Silver. It may be worthwhile holding off on the request and earning Silver to get a status match to Gold.
Work-Shy likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 3:42 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by m3red

below you mean?
I'd hate to do a status match that sees me downgraded from Gold to Silver!
Old Jan 24, 2018, 6:29 am

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
I'd hate to do a status match that sees me downgraded from Gold to Silver!

- Dear Mr Skywardhunter, we are pleased to let you know that your new and enhanced membership card is available now for download...
skywardhunter likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 1:54 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
does anyone knows if i apply for a status match as ek gold and qr plat, will they give me plat on ek?
Old Mar 27, 2018, 2:13 am

Originally Posted by synd
does anyone knows if i apply for a status match as ek gold and qr plat, will they give me plat on ek?
​​​​​​
According to statusmatcher.com ,EK if and when they match , will match to the lower tier,so if FF has QR platinum they they'll match to EK gold.Ones location/address may be relevant too,I doubt if EK are too willing to match QR status holders residing in UAE. Being located in a new market may help, e.g. Chile,especially if there's a "campaign" by local sales or by being CIP.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 2:46 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
Originally Posted by ElJudioErrante
According to statusmatcher.com ,EK if and when they match , will match to the lower tier,so if FF has QR platinum they they'll match to EK gold.Ones location/address may be relevant too,I doubt if EK are too willing to match QR status holders residing in UAE. Being located in a new market may help, e.g. Chile,especially if there's a "campaign" by local sales or by being CIP.
Thanks for the answer, although thats not entirely my understanding. The way I understand EK match works, by reading this thread and looking at experiences posted on statusmatcher.com is : they'll bump you up one level on EK. So if you have EK blue, they'll give you silver; if you have silver they'll give you gold.

My question is if you EK gold already will they give you platinum? I haven't seen any reports about that so was wondering if anyone had experiences with that? Looking to defect from QR, and will be taking my first EK flight in a couple weeks which will give me EK Gold, or 50050 tier miles. If I send in a copy of my QR plat then will I get EK plat?
Old Mar 27, 2018, 2:51 am

Thanks for the answer, although thats not entirely my understanding. The way I understand EK match works, by reading this thread and looking at experiences posted on statusmatcher.com is : they'll bump you up one level on EK. So if you have EK blue, they'll give you silver; if you have silver they'll give you gold.

My question is if you EK gold already will they give you platinum? I haven't seen any reports about that so was wondering if anyone had experiences with that? Looking to defect from QR, and will be taking my first EK flight in a couple weeks which will give me EK Gold, or 50050 tier miles. If I send in a copy of my QR plat then will I get EK plat?
Theres only one concrete way to find out.
My success with status matching has been a result of me supplying all the relevant info/proof before it's requested ie tick the boxes, which is what's normally required.
In answer to your question,I doubt it.
It will be good to know of your success.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 5:43 am

No. Emirates only matches up to Skywards Gold. Platinum match not allowed and you could double confirm that with Emirates customer support center and local sales in your area who is responsible of approving status match request. In your case I would suggest matching to Silver first to get bonus miles during your EK flights. Better than no bonus miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.