FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Emirates | Skywards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards-490/)
-   -   New Years sale? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards/1885717-new-years-sale.html)

airbuddy108 Jan 1, 2018 8:01 pm

New Years sale?

Hello everyone and a happy new year to all of you!

Usually Emirates has a new year sale with 20-30% off in the first ten days of the year. Since I'm about to book a ticket with them I was waiting for that but didn't see anything yet. Is anyone aware of this sale coming up soon?

Ben

Seat54 Jan 1, 2018 8:36 pm

I’ve never noticed this for a long time, maybe in certain regions?

From the UK we seem to have an ongoing and never ending promotional fares that have been creeping up on each renewal, in fact India used to be £1500 in J and now it’s hitting £2k so it’s up by about £150 per year, these fares ticket as SAVER and I have not seen a PROMO fare for a very long time.

PS.....Update
Just sitting in turbojet lounge in Macau and just had an advert for the EK global sale book by Jan23.

​​​​​​Though still to look and lacking any email from them at the moment, not sure if it's real tbh.....

fjacobs Jan 4, 2018 12:19 am

Looks like sales has started, got an email this AM from Emirates "Plan your next getaway now with our special fares"

Found a good fare to Istanbul which I have been watching for a while.

ElJudioErrante Jan 4, 2018 12:46 am

Originally Posted by fjacobs (Post 29247875)
Looks like sales has started, got an email this AM from Emirates "Plan your next getaway now with our special fares"

Found a good fare to Istanbul which I have been watching for a while.

from where to IST ?

fjacobs Jan 4, 2018 12:47 am

Originally Posted by ElJudioErrante (Post 29247942)
from where to IST ?

From JNB to IST.

On Emirates the fare comes to +- R12 600, and then using my medical aid which offers a further discount on Emirates flight, they giving me 25% off so in total it is coming to +- R9900 for 2 pax.

gillyd22 Jan 4, 2018 6:49 am

Originally Posted by ElJudioErrante (Post 29247942)
from where to IST ?

I also got an email this morning advertising “promotional fare”. But it is SA specific and only for Business/Economy. Haven’t actually tested whether they are really “promotional”. It also offers double skywards miles.

Cheetah_SA Jan 4, 2018 1:12 pm

Does EK ever have promotional fares in F? May be booking an F ticket shortly and would hate it if a promo arrived soon thereafter!

Flame3601 Jan 4, 2018 3:27 pm

EK have been super pricey lately imo

itisme Jan 4, 2018 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by Cheetah_SA (Post 29250315)
Does EK ever have promotional fares in F? May be booking an F ticket shortly and would hate it if a promo arrived soon thereafter!

I never seen it sadly :(

Cheetah_SA Jan 5, 2018 12:48 am

Originally Posted by itisme (Post 29251565)
I never seen it sadly :(

Thanks, itisme. That helps by letting me go ahead and book without looking over my shoulder all the time.

Many, many years ago (when they were still trying to break into the big time) they did occasional 2 for 1 type promotions in F and J. I guess they don't need to do that any more.

thijsseh Jan 5, 2018 6:32 am

Originally Posted by Cheetah_SA (Post 29250315)

I have recently been able to book F saver fares out of CPT (to LGW). They’re were basically on a par with J Flex. The main requirement appears to be 21 days advance purchase. Maybe not ‘promotional’ as such but if you don’t need the flexibility (or are prepared to pay a R3500 change fee), I think this is excellent value.
Look around different flights on a given day a bit if it suits your schedule. Sometimes you get them on two of the flights and not on the third.

m3red Jan 5, 2018 6:48 am

Originally Posted by thijsseh (Post 29253093)

I have recently been able to book F saver fares out of CPT (to LGW). They’re were basically on a par with J Flex. The main requirement appears to be 21 days advance purchase. Maybe not ‘promotional’ as such but if you don’t need the flexibility (or are prepared to pay a R3500 change fee), I think this is excellent value.
Look around different flights on a given day a bit if it suits your schedule. Sometimes you get them on two of the flights and not on the third.

f savers are as good as it gets...

Cheetah_SA Jan 6, 2018 12:28 am

Originally Posted by thijsseh (Post 29253093)

Yep, it's those Saver fares that got me interested. Managed to find them for flights on (almost) the dates I want. And you're right that the change fee is rather daunting. But it's a real mission finding the Saver fares on the EK web site - and ITA Matrix shows phantom availability. Eventually tracked them down using ExpertFlyer to identify availability in A class.

It's been years since I booked an EK F ticket but I see the seat reservation is still rubbish: most of the cabin blocked! So impossible to get two seats together. :rolleyes:

thijsseh Jan 6, 2018 1:06 am

Originally Posted by Cheetah_SA (Post 29256620)
Yep, it's those Saver fares that got me interested. Managed to find them for flights on (almost) the dates I want. And you're right that the change fee is rather daunting. But it's a real mission finding the Saver fares on the EK web site - and ITA Matrix shows phantom availability. Eventually tracked them down using ExpertFlyer to identify availability in A class.

It's been years since I booked an EK F ticket but I see the seat reservation is still rubbish: most of the cabin blocked! So impossible to get two seats together. :rolleyes:

Phone the call centre, they'll sort you out with seat reservations. I have always found them extremely helpful in getting an E/F pair in F. The EK call centre is in a different league from any other airline call centre I have ever tried (not that I have tried that many and better than SA is of course no achievement at all!)

DatBoi Jan 6, 2018 4:00 am

MAA-DXB J RTN is is 550USD~ flex