FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Emirates | Skywards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards-490/)
-   -   Happy New Year And All The Best For 2018 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards/1885362-happy-new-year-all-best-2018-a.html)

Saltire74 Dec 30, 2017 8:47 pm

Happy New Year And All The Best For 2018

Fellow EK Forumites,

As the old year draws to an end and the New Year is almost upon us, I would like to take this opportunity to wish you all a very Happy New Year and All The Best when it comes.

May all of your travels be problem free and wish you all the best of health and happiness.

‘Wharever ye go, wharever ye be, Lang May yer lum reek free’

Slàinte maith, h-uile latha, na chi 'snach fhaic!
(Good health, every day, whether I see you or not!)

Happy New Year, Safe & Happy Travels

S

sydtogla Dec 30, 2017 9:21 pm

Cheers, big man!

Travel load looking lighter than 2017 this year, but still 5 ULH trips. Looking forward to it!

Zol Dec 31, 2017 9:33 am

Happy new year all ! Wish you safe travels for 2018 and beyond

daisymay2 Dec 31, 2017 11:25 am

Happy New Year 2018 to all and Happy and Safe travels.:)

skywardhunter Jan 1, 2018 1:00 am

Happy new year, all!

Smashed my phone on a cruise in Vietnam so been a little absent on here recently, glad to see lots going on in the EK forum, hope to catch up over the next few days

Saltire74 Jan 1, 2018 1:03 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter (Post 29235258)
Happy new year, all!

Smashed my phone on a cruise in Vietnam so been a little absent on here recently, glad to see lots going on in the EK forum, hope to catch up over the next few days

Thought you had succumbed to the delights of the Far East :D. Happy New Year

S

sydtogla Jan 1, 2018 1:36 am

Happy new year, all!

Unless you’ve got an Instagram like other Ambassadors (ahem, Saltire74, m3red) let’s hear what you’ve been up to over in the brunch thread!

Metanoia Jan 1, 2018 5:07 am

Happy New Year to all from HNL! Looking like a really busy year for me, big HYD biryani year as was last year. Maybe a little HKG sprinkled in.

Hope to see you all at the J Champagne Lounge in 2018!

Saltire74 Jan 1, 2018 5:34 am

Originally Posted by Metanoia (Post 29235620)
Happy New Year to all from HNL! Looking like a really busy year for me, big HYD biryani year as was last year. Maybe a little HKG sprinkled in.

Hope to see you all at the J Champagne Lounge in 2018!

Thought your original message was a better descriptor :D:D:D

Happy New Year.

​​​​​​​S

thijsseh Jan 1, 2018 5:57 am

And a Happy New Year from CPT as well!
Stay healthy and safe.
May you fly often on the A380 upper deck or in the front of a B777 :D

The first email I saw this morning had as subject: "Welcome to the world of Emirates Skywards Blue" and continued to inform me that they trusted I enjoyed having been Silver but that these days were now over. :( Missed it by about 3000 miles. But fortunately I add 15000 odd miles from an outward leg in F in January, getting me back to Silver. And the return leg in February gives me another 15000, pushing me to over 50000 in total for the first time, so as far as I understand the tier rules that would make me Gold. :cool: These F saver fares (which were just a tad more expensive than a J Flex) are helping nicely!

thijsseh Jan 1, 2018 5:59 am

Happy new year, all!

Smashed you phone on a cruise hey?
Sounds there might be a good story behind that. Maybe we should get the FT EK CPT crowd together for a couple of drinks to give you a chance to expand...

skywardhunter Jan 1, 2018 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by thijsseh (Post 29235712)
Smashed you phone on a cruise hey?
Sounds there might be a good story behind that. Maybe we should get the FT EK CPT crowd together for a couple of drinks to give you a chance to expand...

Haha yes I think that's a good idea. When I get a moment I'll post in the brunch thread - Hanoi is really beautiful and worth a visit for anyone wanting to see Vietnam.

@Metanoia, lots of biryani is always a good thing! I'm flying back to HYD from HAN tomorrow, can't wait to get my hands on some good dum ki biryani

DatBoi Jan 1, 2018 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by skywardhunter (Post 29237977)
can't wait to get my hands on some good dum ki biryani

I also bet you can't wait to fly EK F and get your hands on some dom ki biryani!!!:D

skywardhunter Jan 2, 2018 9:00 am

Originally Posted by DatBoi (Post 29238258)
I also bet you can't wait to fly EK F and get your hands on some dom ki biryani!!!:D

Not a fan of Dom actually, prefer other Champagnes, but once you get to try champagne on EK maybe you'll see for yourself... ;) Also I unfortunately have to pay for my travel myself and only fly Y and J mostly...