Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2018

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2018, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
I have an F award issued AMS-DXB-DEL. Need to fly out earlier from UK now.

The DXB-DEL is only available in J. A quick call to EK I was advised that the flight can not be changed unless all flights are in F! Is that correct?
I don't mind flying J for the 3hrs and they don't seem to be releasing seats in F on that route.

Can't cancel and rebook as miles are expired.

Also this is a flex fare. I have been advised that I need to complete the return journey within 3 months? I was under the impression that all flights needed to be taken within a year?

Last edited by onlysuites; Dec 13, 2018 at 11:19 am
Old Dec 13, 2018, 11:47 am

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
They've 100% stopped issuing them and the website reflects as much. Twitter Team also confirmed. Picking up in DXB is an option but as most won't do it I think they won't expect the card onboard for the upgrade. The purser's tablet has your real time status and mileage information on it, they probably didn't have that when the rule about physical card presence was introduced
They DO issue luggage tags at the DXB lounge Skywards desks, verified two weeks ago.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 11:50 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Metanoia
They DO issue luggage tags at the DXB lounge Skywards desks, verified two weeks ago.
Yes been a few reports. I keep forgetting to ask, I should check tomorrow. But those cards are irrelevant to onboard upgrades
Old Dec 13, 2018, 3:43 pm

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Originally Posted by Metanoia
Indeed. Got myself some new ones last week.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 3:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by onlysuites
I have an F award issued AMS-DXB-DEL. Need to fly out earlier from UK now.

The DXB-DEL is only available in J. A quick call to EK I was advised that the flight can not be changed unless all flights are in F! Is that correct?
I don't mind flying J for the 3hrs and they don't seem to be releasing seats in F on that route.

Can't cancel and rebook as miles are expired.
Bump anyone?
Old Dec 16, 2018, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by onlysuites
Bump anyone?
Unfortunately needs Z availability on the new desired flights if you want to change without a reissue, i.e. avoid cancellation and loss of the expired miles.
onlysuites likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 12:27 am

Programs: HertzPresCircle, Virgin Atlantic Gold,Hil-Diam, Europcar Elite Vip, Emirates Gold, MarriottTitanium.
I have 120.000 miles available. If i would book the following flight:

If i book business it states upgrading is 52.500 miles. BUT my question is: is this for the flight AMS-DXB only or includes the DXB-BKK flight aswell (As this is multistop booking).

And because it 'offers' it is it 100% guarentee it's available for that flight? As in: can i straight away upgrade after the booking with the miles? Also: does it add extra fees with emirates or is it just the miles?

Thanks!
Old Dec 23, 2018, 12:40 am

Originally Posted by itisme
I have 120.000 miles available. If i would book the following flight:

If i book business it states upgrading is 52.500 miles. BUT my question is: is this for the flight AMS-DXB only or includes the DXB-BKK flight aswell (As this is multistop booking).

And because it 'offers' it is it 100% guarentee it's available for that flight? As in: can i straight away upgrade after the booking with the miles? Also: does it add extra fees with emirates or is it just the miles?

Thanks!
It would be only to DXB, assuming this is the AMS-DXB leg you're looking at. You can use the Miles calculator on the EK website to check how many miles you need.

Availability is not guaranteed.

No extra fees except when upgrading Y to J ex UK (Not the case here)
Old Dec 23, 2018, 2:51 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

It would be only to DXB, assuming this is the AMS-DXB leg you're looking at. You can use the Miles calculator on the EK website to check how many miles you need.

Availability is not guaranteed.

No extra fees except when upgrading Y to J ex UK (Not the case here)
Actually, the 52k is AMS-BKK. It would be 30k AMS-DXB on a flex.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 2:54 am

Also... I see AMS-BKK is quite reasonable... around €2000 in J saver. And then 68.5k miles to upgrade to F. Very tempting!
Old Dec 23, 2018, 3:18 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Actually, the 52k is AMS-BKK. It would be 30k AMS-DXB on a flex.
Yes wasn't sure about the mileage but with a stopover EK won''t price it that way
Old Dec 23, 2018, 3:29 am

Yes wasn't sure about the mileage but with a stopover EK won''t price it that way
They did with my MAN-DXB-MCT. I had 4 nights in Dubai before heading to Muscat, but the points were the normal one way MAN-MCT.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 4:20 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
They did with my MAN-DXB-MCT. I had 4 nights in Dubai before heading to Muscat, but the points were the normal one way MAN-MCT.
Did you have to call for that? That's good it they do that
Old Dec 23, 2018, 10:23 pm

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
I think they only do that when the stopover is in DXB. I was not able to do it with a stopover in BKK.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 1:28 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
Hi all, recently joined EK skywards during my last round trip. My sister flew the same days as me, she was leaving from paris, i was leaving from tun. what was interesting, is on her account the miles earned will expire on on dec 2021, while mine will expire on sept 2022... same dates of travel!!! any reason why that might happen?
The second issue i had is they mentionned that i would get some sign up bonus miles, my sister got them on her account, while i did not. any reason why that might not happen, and should i ask for them?

thanks all for your advice

best wishes for the holidays

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.