Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2018

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2018, 1:48 am
twr

I'm. Flying out of Johannesburg to dubai next month and will be doing OLCI I understand checkin opens 3 hours before departure , but I want to use a lounge (paying my own for it) but by the time. I dropp bad customs security etc that will give me much less time. In the lounge before boarding , I want at least 3 hours there make my monies worth. Is there anyway EK will accept my bag more that 3 hours away from flight?
Old Sep 23, 2018, 2:23 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Frequent flyer 101
How does the concourse system work in DXB? When I check-in, is there one check-in area and we can go to any concourse via train? Which has the best J lounge? Or should we just go to the one nearest our gate?
If you're flying EK then you will arrive at Terminal 3 which has a single check-in area, and you'll then proceed through security and into Concourse B from where you can take train to A or walk to B.

A Lounge is is newest and biggest with nicest showers, but B has dedicated champagne bar

Originally Posted by twr
I'm. Flying out of Johannesburg to dubai next month and will be doing OLCI I understand checkin opens 3 hours before departure , but I want to use a lounge (paying my own for it) but by the time. I dropp bad customs security etc that will give me much less time. In the lounge before boarding , I want at least 3 hours there make my monies worth. Is there anyway EK will accept my bag more that 3 hours away from flight?
Which flight? As EK has several flights a day the counter may be open more than 3hrs before your flight if there's one a couple hours earlier and generally no problem checking in earlier where EK operates in this way
Old Sep 23, 2018, 2:36 am
twr

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
If you're flying EK then you will arrive at Terminal 3 which has a single check-in area, and you'll then proceed through security and into Concourse B from where you can take train to A or walk to B.

A Lounge is is newest and biggest with nicest showers, but B has dedicated champagne bar

Which flight? As EK has several flights a day the counter may be open more than 3hrs before your flight if there's one a couple hours earlier and generally no problem checking in earlier where EK operates in this way
The last flight of the day EK766 2220 pm. Dep. That's great to know as long as my luggage does not go on an earlier flight by mistake if I drop it early
Old Sep 23, 2018, 3:23 am

Originally Posted by twr
The last flight of the day EK766 2220 pm. Dep. That's great to know as long as my luggage does not go on an earlier flight by mistake if I drop it early
It definitely won't, there are fights at around 6pm, 8pm and I think yours must be the 10pm or so flight then, so check-in should be open pretty much continuously from around 4pm
Old Sep 26, 2018, 12:22 pm

Does anybody know why Emirates award availability is none from DXB to IAH after 6/18/2019? I see the availability from IAH to DBX.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by lincoln boy
Does anybody know why Emirates award availability is none from DXB to IAH after 6/18/2019? I see the availability from IAH to DBX.
Nope, no one knows. It might stay that way until departure. It's peak season for travel to the US. All US destinations had zero upgrade and J saver availability from 23 July until last week of August until a day or two before departure where some opened up
lincoln boy likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 1:39 am

Not sure if this is the right place for my question.

Will be flying on EK372 (DXB-BKK) on September 29th. In my booking the flight shows up as being operated by an A380. Looking into the Flightradar page of the flight shows that over the last week it has been consistently operated by a 77W instead. The Emirates timetable shows that a two-class A380 should operate the flight. The seatmap of OLCI, however, shows a three-class A380. So there's a bit confusion here. As I'm offered the ability to upgrade to Business, I would be pretty disappointed if my flight would we swapped from a A380 to a 77W. Does anyone know if there have been any operational changes for this flight over the last weeks and what the likelihood is that my flight will be swapped to a 77W as well?
Old Sep 27, 2018, 1:58 am

Originally Posted by HJBoeing
Not sure if this is the right place for my question.

Will be flying on EK372 (DXB-BKK) on September 29th. In my booking the flight shows up as being operated by an A380. Looking into the Flightradar page of the flight shows that over the last week it has been consistently operated by a 77W instead. The Emirates timetable shows that a two-class A380 should operate the flight. The seatmap of OLCI, however, shows a three-class A380. So there's a bit confusion here. As I'm offered the ability to upgrade to Business, I would be pretty disappointed if my flight would we swapped from a A380 to a 77W. Does anyone know if there have been any operational changes for this flight over the last weeks and what the likelihood is that my flight will be swapped to a 77W as well?
Yes it does seem odd, it's been operated by a 77W since 11 September, but shows scheduled as an A388, my guess is that EK just hasn't updated the scheduling but that it is likely to be operated by a 77W. Seat maps for tomorrow and day after show 3-class A380, but even today's flight (currently in the air) is a 77W
Old Sep 27, 2018, 4:20 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
I have a similar issue. My EK 18 is flipping back and forth between a two class and a 3 class A 380 for next week.

I have upgraded with miles to F but will be annoyed if I end up in a G seat in J if it ends up as a 2 class.

I had upgraded from a 23 A seat to F :-(
Old Sep 27, 2018, 10:16 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by ukdoctor
I have a similar issue. My EK 18 is flipping back and forth between a two class and a 3 class A 380 for next week.

I have upgraded with miles to F but will be annoyed if I end up in a G seat in J if it ends up as a 2 class.

I had upgraded from a 23 A seat to F :-(
I'd be interested in finding out what would happen if you got downgraded to J on this.

My feeling is that under EC261, you would be entitled to 75% of the fare you paid for that leg, plus 75% of the miles you used to upgrade. So, quite a good amount.

However, I suspect EK would try and just give you 100% of the miles you used to upgrade.

I'm in a similar situation at the end of November on EK22.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
I'd be interested in finding out what would happen if you got downgraded to J on this.

My feeling is that under EC261, you would be entitled to 75% of the fare you paid for that leg, plus 75% of the miles you used to upgrade. So, quite a good amount.

However, I suspect EK would try and just give you 100% of the miles you used to upgrade.

I'm in a similar situation at the end of November on EK22.
Miles back and done.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 11:07 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Miles back and done.
I'll be putting in a EC261 claim if it happens (maybe use Bott & Co). This is one of the reasons EC261 was brought in - to make airlines be accountable for their actions.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 1:02 pm

I'm booking an EK award flight with JL miles. I'm trying to fly the new F so I'm interested in GVA or MUC to DXB. Is there a way I can see the seat map via dummy booking or some other method for the 777 that flies that route? I want to make sure I'm getting the new F which I believe is 1-1-1. Seatguru doesn't even have that config on its website yet. I don't have an expert flyer account.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by omghaxcode
I'm booking an EK award flight with JL miles. I'm trying to fly the new F so I'm interested in GVA or MUC to DXB. Is there a way I can see the seat map via dummy booking or some other method for the 777 that flies that route? I want to make sure I'm getting the new F which I believe is 1-1-1. Seatguru doesn't even have that config on its website yet. I don't have an expert flyer account.
Why can't you get an ExpertFlyer account? Aside from being rather affordable, especially for someone flying F, there's a free trial
Old Sep 27, 2018, 1:12 pm

Why can't you get an ExpertFlyer account? Aside from being rather affordable, especially for someone flying F, there's a free trial
I guess I'm just cheap. I'll consider it but I was hoping there is another way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.