Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2018

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2018, 9:36 pm

Thank you, do you know if emirates operates any aircraft out of London to Dubai with Y in upper deck? Hoping to get upper deck on the 2nd leg from Dubai to Bangkok too.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 10:56 pm

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Originally Posted by Noble16
Thank you, do you know if emirates operates any aircraft out of London to Dubai with Y in upper deck? Hoping to get upper deck on the 2nd leg from Dubai to Bangkok too.
Only one is EK011/012 - LGW
Old Apr 15, 2018, 6:16 am

hoping to sit in the upper deck in Y.

Any wish for your money. Upper deck seat reservation = GBP 60 each leg.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by XXTSGR

Only one is EK011/012 - LGW
Thank you and do you know the type for the EK374 as well please
Old Apr 16, 2018, 2:31 am

Thank you and do you know the type for the EK374 as well please
It is currently 2 class as well.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 3:39 am

When I try and change my seat, I'm given a "technical error" message and no seat map shows up. This has been happening for days now, and I have messaged customer support and they haven't said how to fix this. Any one know what I can do or will I be able to change seat during check in? Also do the 'bulkhead' seats show up once online check in is available?
Old Apr 20, 2018, 4:05 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Bridiem4
When I try and change my seat, I'm given a "technical error" message and no seat map shows up. This has been happening for days now, and I have messaged customer support and they haven't said how to fix this. Any one know what I can do or will I be able to change seat during check in? Also do the 'bulkhead' seats show up once online check in is available?
When is your flight on which route and flight number? The flight may be oversold. Do you get the error in the app or online? The Android app was giving me errors recently and I uninstalled and re-installed it and it's all fixed. AFAIK extra legroom seats can only be assigned at the airport, not online, but I may be wrong.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 4:13 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
When is your flight on which route and flight number? The flight may be oversold. Do you get the error in the app or online? The Android app was giving me errors recently and I uninstalled and re-installed it and it's all fixed. AFAIK extra legroom seats can only be assigned at the airport, not online, but I may be wrong.
Flight is Monday 23 of April, AKL - DXB - BHX 449 and 039. I get error on all personal devices, apps and safari included and also on laptop.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 4:30 am

Originally Posted by Bridiem4
Flight is Monday 23 of April, AKL - DXB - BHX 449 and 039. I get error on all personal devices, apps and safari included and also on laptop.
Error on both flights or just one? Oversold flights sometimes have this happen. Do you know which seat you want? You can tweet to @EmiratesSupport and when they follow you send a DM with your booking reference, full name and preferred seat asking them to assign it. You can see the seat map on ExpertFlyer. Is 039 still on the 23rd? Given you're asking about the bulkhead I'm assuming you're in Y.

Below the seat maps for both flights, both quite busy (first one is AKL-DXB, second is DXB-BHX on 23rd, not sure if that's the right one or if you're on the 24th for the connection.):

Old Apr 20, 2018, 9:29 am

Programs: EK Skywards silver Miles and Smiles Hilton Honours Hyatt Priority Club Kestrel A
Want to buy miles for hubby to upgrade to F DXB-MAN but cannot see the table which gives pricing anymore on EKs website?
Can see the calculations for transferring miles but not the one for purchasing them anymore?
Thanks!
Old Apr 20, 2018, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by daisymay2
Want to buy miles for hubby to upgrade to F DXB-MAN but cannot see the table which gives pricing anymore on EKs website?
Can see the calculations for transferring miles but not the one for purchasing them anymore?
Thanks!
https://www.emirates.com/english/hel...purchase-miles
Old Apr 20, 2018, 9:53 am

Programs: EK Skywards silver Miles and Smiles Hilton Honours Hyatt Priority Club Kestrel A
Smile

Yes that's what I was getting but there used to be a quick calculating tool on the cost per so many miles like there still is on the transfer miles page?
So now you have to work it out yourself?

Thanks though!
Old Apr 20, 2018, 9:56 am

Thanks!
There's no table, it's just $40/1000.

It's cheaper/better value if you buy Starpoints or Marriott hotel and fly packages or whatever they're called. Starwood is currently offering 35% off purchased points and every 20k transferred gets you an extra 25%. 30k points would cost you $682.50 according to OMAAT and earn you 35k Skywards miles. That's less than half you'd pay to EK directly
Old Apr 20, 2018, 11:37 am

When do menus typically post? My longhaul flights are in a couple of weeks and none of the menus are posted for any of the flights for May 1st onward. Not a big deal or anything, but I thought it was cool when I could look ahead to the menu before. Thanks!
Old Apr 20, 2018, 3:55 pm

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
Yes that's what I was getting but there used to be a quick calculating tool on the cost per so many miles like there still is on the transfer miles page?
So now you have to work it out yourself?

Thanks though!
SPG has a points sale on right now so if you buy Starwood points it can be around USD 0.018 per mile when transferred to Emirates in 20,000 mile blocks (20k+5k SPG transfer bonus).

Better than the 0.04 USD per EK mile on their website. However, those transactions on EK do count as "airline spend" so you might have some additional benefit using a rewards card to buy these points.

Hope this helps!

https://onemileatatime.boardingarea....ff-spg-points/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.