Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2018

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2018, 4:59 pm

Programs: United, Starwood
Ok, so I realize now what it's doing is pricing each leg separately for upgrades. How do I get it to recognize that this is a continuous journey and reprice correctly? Or will it do that automatically?
Old Mar 21, 2018, 6:02 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by askias
Ok, so I realize now what it's doing is pricing each leg separately for upgrades. How do I get it to recognize that this is a continuous journey and reprice correctly? Or will it do that automatically?
​​​​​​ Upgrade the first leg, when the 2nd becomes available call EK and ask them to process the upgrade for the 2nd leg on the reduced combined pricing. Only way to do it.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 12:02 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
​​​​​​ Upgrade the first leg, when the 2nd becomes available call EK and ask them to process the upgrade for the 2nd leg on the reduced combined pricing. Only way to do it.
As skywardhunter says, but with the word 'if' added: 'if and when the 2nd leg becomes available. I have had experiences where I was anxiously awaiting the second leg to clear and it never did. These things are not guaranteed!

Also, don't rely on auto upgrade. This is reported to be somewhat unreliable. Set an alert (also through MMB) and if you have an EF subscription, set an altar there too!
Old Mar 22, 2018, 1:25 am

Originally Posted by thijsseh
Set an alert (also through MMB) and if you have an EF subscription, set an altar there too!
Always help to pray I suppose.
thijsseh and skywardhunter like this.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 8:52 am

Does Emirates allow free (without additional restrictions/points, not a free hotel of course) stopovers in DXB on one way first class awards?

Booking 2 segments is 47.5k more points than booking the one.

Thanks
Old Mar 24, 2018, 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by saaveraward
Does Emirates allow free (without additional restrictions/points, not a free hotel of course) stopovers in DXB on one way first class awards?

Booking 2 segments is 47.5k more points than booking the one.

Thanks
Should be able to
Old Mar 25, 2018, 8:28 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
hi about to try my first EK R/T. was wondering if anyone ever had some problems of EK running out of food on the L/H flights like DXB - AKL in F?

thanks
Old Mar 25, 2018, 9:50 pm

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
deleted
Old Mar 25, 2018, 9:51 pm

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by synd
hi about to try my first EK R/T. was wondering if anyone ever had some problems of EK running out of food on the L/H flights like DXB - AKL in F?

thanks
I'm not aware of it being an issue like it is with Etihad but I think it would be difficult to run out food as EK F and J meals are largely the same for any given flight with a few enhancements to the F menu.
synd likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 8:45 am

Programs: BAEC
Am trying to work out a multi city booking, flying LHR-SIN (Economy Saver) and then separating my return as BKK-DXB, DXB-LHR on an Economy Flex ticket. Given this booking now has a DXB stopover of several days (but still recognises it as one sector) – is it possible to upgrade my DXB-LHR sector only up to Business (a Business saver fare is available)
Old Mar 26, 2018, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by londonba2014
Am trying to work out a multi city booking, flying LHR-SIN (Economy Saver) and then separating my return as BKK-DXB, DXB-LHR on an Economy Flex ticket. Given this booking now has a DXB stopover of several days (but still recognises it as one sector) – is it possible to upgrade my DXB-LHR sector only up to Business (a Business saver fare is available)
For cash? Probably not, due to married segment logic, except perhaps after flying the SIN-DXB leg. With miles you can upgrade just the one leg.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 8:55 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
For cash? Probably not, due to married segment logic, except perhaps after flying the SIN-DXB leg. With miles you can upgrade just the one leg.
Sorry with miles - so sounds good! Thanks
Old Mar 26, 2018, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by londonba2014
no - EK treats one way as both legs - you may get an upgrade offer which are sector specific but then you don’t get the lounge access/car/points.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 12:52 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards
We've upgraded MAN-DXB with miles (final destination KUL) a few days in advance of flying. We upgraded CMB-DXB (final destination MAN) with miles at CMB airport. In both cases, we didn't have enough miles to upgrade the whole way. From MAN, we got car and lounge access. With CMB we got lounge access.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by beeorchid
We've upgraded MAN-DXB with miles (final destination KUL) a few days in advance of flying. We upgraded CMB-DXB (final destination MAN) with miles at CMB airport. In both cases, we didn't have enough miles to upgrade the whole way. From MAN, we got car and lounge access. With CMB we got lounge access.
no car in Cmb - if you use miles you get all the benefits (except extra miles earnings) that you would with a cash buy. It’s just the discounted offers that are not valid for lounge access (unless you have the requisite status that allows access anyway) and the car service.

im flying back from Cmb on 6th April

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.