Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2018

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2018, 12:58 am

Originally Posted by kq747
68A/K is a better seat IMO and my favourite Y seat on the A380. You have unlimited legroom and also easier access in and out of the seat and it is farther forward for disembarking. Things that might bother some people are that you have to lean forward to see out the window properly otherwise you only see the wing and the slightly reduced seat width as the tray table is stored in the arm rest but that also applies to 80A/K. 80A/K have the door protruding in front which slightly limits being able to stretch out. Bottom line: stick with 68K.
That's fine by me.... I'll stick with 68K. I believe a lot of the flight will be through the night so there won't be a lot to see anyway.

Thanks for the good advice.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 12:07 am

The additional seats in Row 80 (A and K) will be found in all current A380s from A6-EEU onwards, so includes all 2 class which started at A6-EOP. If an older plane was substituted, 80 A and K might disappear again, so another good reason to stick with 68, although there may well be other technical reasons they couldn't use an older frame on this route.

Is this the first report of somebody actually paying for exit row seats?
Old Mar 9, 2018, 12:59 am

Red face

Originally Posted by ft101
The additional seats in Row 80 (A and K) will be found in all current A380s from A6-EEU onwards, so includes all 2 class which started at A6-EOP. If an older plane was substituted, 80 A and K might disappear again, so another good reason to stick with 68, although there may well be other technical reasons they couldn't use an older frame on this route.

Yes I have, in hindsight I had a moment of madness, I just wanted to be certain I had plenty of legroom for such a long flight.

Looking at the current loadings I don't think it will be a full flight so I would probably have been able to stretch myself out anyway.

Lesson learned for next trip
Old Mar 9, 2018, 3:03 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
No there've been a couple mentions of people paying for exit rows on here over the past few months
Old Mar 9, 2018, 4:55 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
No there've been a couple mentions of people paying for exit rows on here over the past few months
Maybe they haven't sunk in as it's something I refuse point blank to do.
ElJudioErrante likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 9:53 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Maybe they haven't sunk in as it's something I refuse point blank to do.
2k has plenty or leg room
Old Mar 9, 2018, 12:01 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by m3red

2k has plenty or leg room
Yes, and it is not even an exit row.
And no extra fee to book it, same price as all other seats in that cabin.
Perfect!
Old Mar 10, 2018, 3:02 am

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Originally Posted by thijsseh

Yes, and it is not even an exit row.
And no extra fee to book it, same price as all other seats in that cabin.
Perfect!
😂
Old Mar 16, 2018, 3:13 am

Does anyone know if row 6 on the 777 has more room around the footwell area? I'm quite tall and often have troubles with "coffin" style seats (e.g QR). I've found typically there is more room on the bulkhead seats. If so, how does one get these seats? They are greyed out on my flights, presumably because there are also bassinet seats. Is there an optimal strategy to get these?
Old Mar 16, 2018, 7:13 am

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
There is no footwell in row 6 so pretty open. It feels more spacious legroom wise but I'm only 5'10"
Old Mar 16, 2018, 9:08 am

There is no footwell in row 6 so pretty open. It feels more spacious legroom wise but I'm only 5'10"
Thanks that's good to know. Any idea if its possible to get them in advance or only once OLCI opens?
Old Mar 16, 2018, 9:31 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Same with row 8 of course. Might be easier to get.

And by the way, on most 2 class frames the leg room in row 6 (which is then the last row in J) is enormous as that is where the J galley is on a 3 class frame ) but that has been removed. Does not seem to be the case on ALL 2 class frames though, but on most I am aware of.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 10:03 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by Frequent flyer 101
Thanks that's good to know. Any idea if its possible to get them in advance or only once OLCI opens?
From my experience, row 6 can usually only be selected at the check in desk as it’s classed as a bassinet row however others may have found differently. I always tried to go for row 7 A or K and at 6ft 3in never found a problem with footwell space but that was only on the older seats. Don’t know what the new J seats are like for foot space.

S
thijsseh likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 10:26 am

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Originally Posted by Frequent flyer 101
Usually only available at airport check-in.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 4:45 pm

Programs: United, Starwood
I need some help understanding the upgrade section. It says select flights to upgrade. On a two segment flight (SEZ-DXB-IAD), one segment is in green to upgrade (SEZ-DXB), and the other is in red (DXB-IAD), but offers the auto upgrade option. It should be 180000 total miles to upgrade the entire flight (60k times three passengers). But the upgrade cost listed in the bottom box has 81,000 miles listed (presumably for the cleared first leg), and 162,000 miles needed for the auto-upgrade leg. Am I correct in assuming that the two numbers would be added together, which would be more than the 60k per person for the entire flight that it's supposed to be? There is an upgrade now button that I'm presumably eligible to hit now to upgrade the first leg, but I'm afraid that it will take miles away from the auto-upgrade option and cause it to not clear. I'm just generally not sure what's going on. If anyone else has a clue, I'd love some help. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.