Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Afghan National Transiting Dubai - no luggage transfer - Customs?

Old Dec 28, 2018, 4:03 pm
Original Poster

I'm supporting humanitarian response work. We need to fly and Afghan National from Kigali to Kabul, and the only good options involve a transit in Dubai without luggage transfer agreements between airlines.

So he will have to receive his luggage, and re-check it. Does anyone know if that would require a transit visa? (Afghan Nationals are not eligible for transit visas)

Thanks!
Old Dec 28, 2018, 10:51 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
If you have a look on the EK website, it tells you the visa requirements and also gives advice on how to manage luggage transfer if using separate airlines

https://www.emirates.com/us/english/...3b482cf4672fe5

S
Old Dec 29, 2018, 12:35 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Can't speak to the visa requirements of Afghans specifically but Marhaba has a service where they will pick up and drop your bags so that you can remain airside. Collecting and re-checking bags requires clearing immigration
DYKWIA and pierreza like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.