Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2018

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2018

Old Feb 12, 18, 2:59 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, EK Skywards Blue
Originally Posted by skywardhunter View Post
Well AKL would be the longest but to avoid high cost try starting in CMB or BOM or MCT etc.

In terms of fifth freedom routed that one, SIN-MEL or ATH-EWR would probably be the options
Interesting stuff, thanks! If I did a one way Multi-City booking from BOM to DXB with a few days before heading on to LHR, take it I would need to upgrade each leg seperatly and couldn't do it as a through BOM-LHR? Is there a way round this?
Old Feb 12, 18, 3:06 am
Suspended

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by londonba2014 View Post
Interesting stuff, thanks! If I did a one way Multi-City booking from BOM to DXB with a few days before heading on to LHR, take it I would need to upgrade each leg seperatly and couldn't do it as a through BOM-LHR? Is there a way round this?
Unfortunately not, as long as there is a stopover you can't upgrade on the lower through-price for BOM-LHR. But BOM-DXB is kind of short-haul, it's a 3h fight, barely, very survivable in Y. I've done India-DXB or reverse in Y about 50+ times in the last 3 years and no broken bones yet.
thijsseh likes this.
Old Feb 12, 18, 4:33 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, EK Skywards Blue
Unfortunately not, as long as there is a stopover you can't upgrade on the lower through-price for BOM-LHR. But BOM-DXB is kind of short-haul, it's a 3h fight, barely, very survivable in Y. I've done India-DXB or reverse in Y about 50+ times in the last 3 years and no broken bones yet.
Shame - but useful to know, thanks. Absolutely Y is very tolerable!
Old Feb 13, 18, 1:53 pm

Programs: emirates skywards
Hi everyone,
i used to fly a couple of times per year and since Emirates has started the route from (and to) Bologna i've found a very comfortable way to travel to SE Asia.:-:
Just booked the flight for summer, NRT the destination, besides a quick journey in April to HKG.

I fly economy (silver status) and my main and only concern is to have enough legroom to stretch my knees (or i'd suffer a lot of pain)
Are still there those harmful entertainment evil silver boxes underneath the seats?
On 777-300 ER EK 094 (093) it happens to fly on old models (small screens) and i chose 24D; with the new seats policy (buy the best seats ) i no longer know for sure which seats to reserve on EK 318 (319)

My current choice is 55D (don't want to have too many neighbors next to me), but 10 hours next to the torture's box might be harmful for my knees.

Could you please advise me the best?
Thank you
Old Feb 13, 18, 2:08 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by piccolochimico View Post
Hi everyone,
i used to fly a couple of times per year and since Emirates has started the route from (and to) Bologna i've found a very comfortable way to travel to SE Asia.:-:
Just booked the flight for summer, NRT the destination, besides a quick journey in April to HKG.

I fly economy (silver status) and my main and only concern is to have enough legroom to stretch my knees (or i'd suffer a lot of pain)
Are still there those harmful entertainment evil silver boxes underneath the seats?
On 777-300 ER EK 094 (093) it happens to fly on old models (small screens) and i chose 24D; with the new seats policy (buy the best seats ) i no longer know for sure which seats to reserve on EK 318 (319)

My current choice is 55D (don't want to have too many neighbors next to me), but 10 hours next to the torture's box might be harmful for my knees.

Could you please advise me the best?
Thank you
Older 777s unfortunately have the under-seat IFE box, same for older A380s, but not on newer ones.
piccolochimico likes this.
Old Feb 13, 18, 2:16 pm

Programs: emirates skywards
Older 777s unfortunately have the under-seat IFE box, same for older A380s, but not on newer ones.
Thank you.
Is there a way to know where those boxes are placed?
I've tried to ask Emirates but they don't know (phone operators)
Old Feb 13, 18, 3:06 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by piccolochimico View Post
Thank you.
Is there a way to know where those boxes are placed?
I've tried to ask Emirates but they don't know (phone operators)
In the window-side 3-abreast the window and aisle seats have them IIRC, the middle seats ironically are least obstructed.
Old Feb 13, 18, 11:26 pm

It's not on every row however. It's been a while, but I recall the exit row in the rear cabin of the 777 had one in the aisle seat and the row behind it didn't. I would chose Row 39 instead of 38 because of this. It's probably similar all over, but that's the one I know of.
piccolochimico likes this.
Old Feb 15, 18, 2:49 pm

Hello! I've browsed these forums a bit but never felt compelled to register and post. I'm planning a trip this summer and had a question about baggage. I'm flying IAD->LLW (via DXB and LUN), all booked through EK. Our flight back has a 20 hour layover in Dubai (from about 7am to 2am) and I'm wondering if I will need to claim my bags and re-check them, or if they'll just get put on my next flight automatically? I've never dealt with such a long layover before, so I have no frame of reference.

Thanks!
Old Feb 15, 18, 2:51 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Leoj View Post
Hello! I've browsed these forums a bit but never felt compelled to register and post. I'm planning a trip this summer and had a question about baggage. I'm flying IAD->LLW (via DXB and LUN), all booked through EK. Our flight back has a 20 hour layover in Dubai (from about 7am to 2am) and I'm wondering if I will need to claim my bags and re-check them, or if they'll just get put on my next flight automatically? I've never dealt with such a long layover before, so I have no frame of reference.

Thanks!
As long as it's less than 24 hours it's a transit, not a stopover, and bags will be checked through, you do not need to collect them. However if you are planning to visit Dubai during the transit and would like access to your bags EK should short-check them for you, if you request it.
Old Feb 18, 18, 10:25 pm

Programs: some
Originally Posted by Leoj View Post

Thanks!
Welcome to FT!
Old Feb 20, 18, 10:36 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Starwood Gold
Schedule change advice

So I booked in F the YYZ-DXB (spend night) then DXB to MXP and the same on the way back MXP to DXB spend night then 10:30 am flight out from DXB to YYZ (Toronto). I received an email from Emirates that there is a schedule change and now my flight back arrives in DXB at 7:30 pm and leaves DXB at 3:30 am (seven hours earlier). If I had wanted that flight out to Toronto at 3:30 am I would have booked it in the first place. So, I went and looked and the 10:30 am flight is not longer on the schedule so it is gone and the 3:30 am flight looks to be the only non stop DXB to YYZ. Called Emirates about options and was pretty amazed at their lack of flexibility on re-booking another route to fit my schedule (I have yet to book the flight back to DFW from YYZ on AA to get me back home, so I could book my way back to DFW from another airport). This is my first time flying Emirates and was wondering if anyone had any advice on what to do here. I have some time here since the flight is not until summer, so maybe there could be another schedule change. Or I could call back and try to get someone else. Suggestions? I have no status at Emirates- this will be the first time I have flown them anywhere. Suggestions? I have dealt with United, American and BA before on schedule changes, but never Emirates.
Old Feb 20, 18, 10:56 pm
Suspended

Call back, but don't expect US type flexibility. You could fly a day later, it's 1.30am Italian time for the new flight so you may not be as fatigued as you think and can spend a full day in DXB and head to the airport after dinner and enjoy the F lounge.

You can ask about changing your flight to DFW direct and there's a good chance they'll waive the change fee but will charge a fare difference
Old Feb 20, 18, 11:25 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Starwood Gold
Call back, but don't expect US type flexibility. You could fly a day later, it's 1.30am Italian time for the new flight so you may not be as fatigued as you think and can spend a full day in DXB and head to the airport after dinner and enjoy the F lounge.

You can ask about changing your flight to DFW direct and there's a good chance they'll waive the change fee but will charge a fare difference
I shall lower my expectations then and not expect the flexibility that I have had for the US carriers. I may price out the non stop flight to DFW - it could be worth the price difference to go that direction. Thanks!
Old Feb 21, 18, 12:28 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by TravelTexan View Post
I shall lower my expectations then and not expect the flexibility that I have had for the US carriers. I may price out the non stop flight to DFW - it could be worth the price difference to go that direction. Thanks!
You should be able to cancel and re-book from your preferred airport if there's not much of a price difference.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: