FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Emirates | Skywards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards-490/)
-   -   [NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2018 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards/1884998-newbie-lounge-ask-your-questions-here-flame-free-2018-a.html)

aahch Jan 25, 2018 10:00 am

Hello, quick question if anyone is able to help please ....

I’m currently Skywards silver until the end of the month. If I reserve seats now whilst they’re free for me, what if anything will happen after I drop below silver in terms of my selection ... will they keep me in that seat or re-assign me randomly until check-in ?

Thanks, A

XXTSGR Jan 25, 2018 10:51 am

Originally Posted by aahch (Post 29338188)
Hello, quick question if anyone is able to help please ....

I’m currently Skywards silver until the end of the month. If I reserve seats now whilst they’re free for me, what if anything will happen after I drop below silver in terms of my selection ... will they keep me in that seat or re-assign me randomly until check-in ?

Thanks, A

Quick answer - seat selection will disappear.

aahch Jan 25, 2018 1:14 pm

@XXTSGR - thanks very much, what I thought ... A

nikolask Jan 30, 2018 12:36 am

I'm looking at flights to CPT and JNB for Dec 2018 in Business. Can I count on having the new full flat seat or are these routes operated by the old product?

DYKWIA Jan 30, 2018 1:01 am

Originally Posted by nikolask (Post 29356439)
I'm looking at flights to CPT and JNB for Dec 2018 in Business. Can I count on having the new full flat seat or are these routes operated by the old product?

Depends on the aircraft type. If it's an A380, then you'll get a fully flat seat. If it's a B777, the it's very likely to be fully flat, but at a slight angle.

nikolask Jan 30, 2018 1:04 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA (Post 29356508)
Depends on the aircraft type. If it's an A380, then you'll get a fully flat seat. If it's a B777, the it's very likely to be fully flat, but at a slight angle.

It shows a 777 on both routes and I was wondering if it will be the old or new product that was announced in late 2017.

skywardhunter Jan 30, 2018 1:51 am

Originally Posted by nikolask (Post 29356517)
It shows a 777 on both routes and I was wondering if it will be the old or new product that was announced in late 2017.

Considering EK has over 130 77Ws, what do you think the odds are? In my opinion zero chance, especially CPT gets older frames typically.

XXTSGR Jan 30, 2018 4:33 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter (Post 29356604)
Considering EK has over 130 77Ws, what do you think the odds are? In my opinion zero chance, especially CPT gets older frames typically.

I'll second that!

thijsseh Jan 30, 2018 5:01 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter (Post 29356604)

I am actually 99.9% sure that CPT has never had a 'new J' frame yet!
But the amateur statistician in me has to disagree with the ZERO chance.. (with apologies for being pedantic!)

skywardhunter Jan 30, 2018 5:09 am

Originally Posted by thijsseh (Post 29356929)
I am actually 99.9% sure that CPT has never had a 'new J' frame yet!
But the amateur statistician in me has to disagree with the ZERO chance.. (with apologies for being pedantic!)

As I said, in my opinion, I may have rounded down from 0.7% :D

Fliar Jan 30, 2018 7:20 pm

Apols if I missed it (did look at the wiki etc) but am looking for a way to contact Emirates.

Long story short: had service issues last year (involuntary downgrades from F to C, flight cancellation) - my TA contacted them but he has been hospitalised since November. I emailed them myself December 4 and received an auto reply which said that I would hear back within 30 days. Follow-up emails have not been responded to. Calling the local Auckland office I was told they couldn't do anything except send a message on my behalf, which I did twice but still no replies.

Is there anyone I can contact beyond the generic email address on the site?

sydtogla Feb 2, 2018 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by Fliar (Post 29360067)
Apols if I missed it (did look at the wiki etc) but am looking for a way to contact Emirates.

Long story short: had service issues last year (involuntary downgrades from F to C, flight cancellation) - my TA contacted them but he has been hospitalised since November. I emailed them myself December 4 and received an auto reply which said that I would hear back within 30 days. Follow-up emails have not been responded to. Calling the local Auckland office I was told they couldn't do anything except send a message on my behalf, which I did twice but still no replies.

Is there anyone I can contact beyond the generic email address on the site?

Try this email address: [email protected]

I've been dealing with them a bit recently.

woollygirl Feb 4, 2018 4:07 am

A380 Seats 68A and 68K

Can anybody please confirm what view you get from these seats. Is it totally blocked by the wing?

Saltire74 Feb 4, 2018 7:11 am

Originally Posted by woollygirl (Post 29377531)
Can anybody please confirm what view you get from these seats. Is it totally blocked by the wing?

Row 68 is near door 3 on the main deck and if you look at a picture on an EK A380 you will see that it sits right over the wing so I would conclude that all you would be able to see is a wing and the sky above.

​​​​​​​S

kq747 Feb 4, 2018 7:16 am

Originally Posted by woollygirl (Post 29377531)

Took this from 68A. I imagine 68K is very similar lol. You get very little ground view especially if you don't lean forward from the seat but it does have excellent legroom.

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...9ef4898cab.jpg