Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2018

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2018

Old Dec 24, 18, 3:20 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by synd View Post
Hi all, recently joined EK skywards during my last round trip. My sister flew the same days as me, she was leaving from paris, i was leaving from tun. what was interesting, is on her account the miles earned will expire on on dec 2021, while mine will expire on sept 2022... same dates of travel!!! any reason why that might happen?
The second issue i had is they mentionned that i would get some sign up bonus miles, my sister got them on her account, while i did not. any reason why that might not happen, and should i ask for them?
I can't recall the exact details, but it's to do with your birthday strangely enough. It's something like 3 years after your next birthday - does that sound correct?

Note sure about the sign up bonus. Just ask them.
Old Dec 24, 18, 5:37 am

Programs: QR P, LH Proud to be a one Star Negative Blue, Hilton Gold, GHA Black, WOH something
Originally Posted by skywardhunter View Post
How long has it been since the trip? It does sound odd. 2021 seems right, I'd say ask for the bonus
Originally Posted by DYKWIA View Post
I can't recall the exact details, but it's to do with your birthday strangely enough. It's something like 3 years after your next birthday - does that sound correct?

Thanks skywardhunter & DYKWIA. Your answer makes senses, in the strangeness of that mile expiration date lol. Indeed my sister first flight was before her birthday, while mine was after, so three years after your next birthday is right and the month expiry corrolate that. Would have never thought to look at birthday in order to determine expiry dates!
Old Dec 24, 18, 6:14 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by DYKWIA View Post

Yes indeed, Skywards miles expire at the end of your birthday month 3 years after they were earned. So if your birthday is in September and you fly on 1 October, your miles will 'live' for (almost) 4 years. If your flight was on 30 September, they only last 3 years. It's a strange way of doing things IMHO but there you go.
Old Dec 27, 18, 1:54 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, BA Bronze, Accor Gold, IHG Plat
On my next trip I will have access to the J lounge at DXB. Is either the A or B concourse lounge better or newer than the other? Any significant differences in terms of facilities?
Old Dec 27, 18, 3:50 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph View Post
On my next trip I will have access to the J lounge at DXB. Is either the A or B concourse lounge better or newer than the other? Any significant differences in terms of facilities?
A is better in my opinion, and tends to be a bit quieter. More chance of direct boarding from the lounge.

However... the B lounge has a champagne bar that is quite nice. Also a free Costa outlet.
Old Dec 28, 18, 10:42 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, EK Blue
Please post all of your Newbie questions in our dedicated 2019 thread [EK NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2019

Best wishes for 2019

Saltire74

Search this Thread
Search Engine: