Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2018

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2018

Old Oct 12, 2018, 1:51 pm

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by Insaniak
Flying first class hong kong to dubai. Will, I get amenity kits and sleepwear?
Which flights?

EK380 - on request
EK382 - yes afaik
EK386 - yes afaik
Old Oct 12, 2018, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by Metanoia
Which flights?

EK380 - on request
EK382 - yes afaik
EK386 - yes afaik
EK383 on the A380
Old Oct 12, 2018, 4:16 pm

EK383 on the A380
Oops, I had you in the wrong direction. Never flown this one but 383 might be considered a "daytime flight".
Old Oct 12, 2018, 6:00 pm

Oops, I had you in the wrong direction. Never flown this one but 383 might be considered a "daytime flight".
Ill be getting into Dubai around 11:30PM or so its a little over a 9 hour flight. Id imagine I could just request these when I board. Will be my first time flying first class.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 6:02 pm

Ill be getting into Dubai around 11:30PM or so its a little over a 9 hour flight. Id imagine I could just request these when I board. Will be my first time flying first class.
Enjoy! It's a treat and I think this flight is just the right amount of time, not to mention you get in to DXB at a time where you can go home and pass out from all the indulging you'll do on the flight...
Old Oct 12, 2018, 6:09 pm

Enjoy! It's a treat and I think this flight is just the right amount of time, not to mention you get in to DXB at a time where you can go home and pass out from all the indulging you'll do on the flight...
Thank you! I'm certainly looking forward to it. Is there anything you'd recommend for the flight that is something I should experience or shouldn't miss out on?
Old Oct 12, 2018, 11:04 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Thank you! I'm certainly looking forward to it. Is there anything you'd recommend for the flight that is something I should experience or shouldn't miss out on?
For the experience, have a shower at 36,000ft.

S
thijsseh likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Saltire74

For the experience, have a shower at 36,000ft.

S
I second that.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 1:34 am

There are a few tips and tongue-in-cheek suggestions here: Making the most of First Class

However, here's my list for a waking-hour flight in F from an outstation... helps me brainstorm my upcoming flight in F.

1) Avoid drinking (or really eating too) in the lounge, the good stuff is onboard, and especially inflight. I don't know if they serve Dom on the ground in HKG, might not due to taxation, but they do serve a champagne of some kind.
2) Have the caviar. With sips of vodka, really brings the flavors out.
3) Have a taste of the liquors at the self serve bar in front, then ask to have what you really want brought back to the bar at the back of the plane and hang out. But don't be "that guy/girl" - ask to use J glassware.
4) Have the Arabic mezze if they are offering it. It's quite the treat in F, with so many little dishes to choose from. This dish is very instagrammable when they set the table with the plate and the napkin, if you're into that.
5) On the topic of appetizers, sometimes it's better to just have a sampling of the appetizers, soups and salads in F rather than a main course because the mains are mostly the ones that you have in J anyway if you fly the route regularly. If you do have a main, try something that isn't on the J menu (look up before going).
6) Thank your crew profusely, they work really hard.
7) And of course, shower at 36,000 feet Schedule your time with the crewmember when you board.
kaiotes likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 2:32 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Also check if they have have the Hennesey Paradis Imperial on board .

Most of the time they have the Hennesey Paradis in F on most routes and I love it. It is around $1000 per 70 cl and is way out of my budget.

On my last flight the purser asked me whether I wanted to try the Paradis Imperial and It was so nice.

I had a look at the price of the bottle in Dubai and got a bit of a shock.

Last edited by ukdoctor; Oct 14, 2018 at 2:38 am
Old Oct 14, 2018, 2:42 am

Originally Posted by ukdoctor

Most of the time they have the Hennesey Paradis in F on most routes and I love it. It is around $1000 per 70 cl and is way out of my budget.

On my last flight the purser asked me whether I wanted to try the Paradis Imperial and It was so nice.
Has it been on board recently? What routes and how long ago?
Old Oct 14, 2018, 3:04 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by ukdoctor

I had a look at the price of the bottle in Dubai and got a bit of a shock.

My gosh! If the 'poor man's Paradis is U$1000, how much is the 'Imperial' I wonder? It does not seem to be on the shelf ticket...

Edit: Sorry just seen that it actually IS there. Still recovering....
XXTSGR likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 4:00 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Got it on MAN-DXB early this month.

NB: It was not on the menu.
Metanoia likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 9:08 am

3 weeks ago on DXB BKK ek374 was really nice
Metanoia likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 9:54 pm

There are a few tips and tongue-in-cheek suggestions here: Making the most of First Class

However, here's my list for a waking-hour flight in F from an outstation... helps me brainstorm my upcoming flight in F.

1) Avoid drinking (or really eating too) in the lounge, the good stuff is onboard, and especially inflight. I don't know if they serve Dom on the ground in HKG, might not due to taxation, but they do serve a champagne of some kind.
2) Have the caviar. With sips of vodka, really brings the flavors out. (What vodka pairs well with caviar?)
3) Have a taste of the liquors at the self serve bar in front, then ask to have what you really want brought back to the bar at the back of the plane and hang out. But don't be "that guy/girl" - ask to use J glassware. (Can you just pick the ones you want to taste and pour by yourself? You're saying ask for J glassware?
4) Have the Arabic mezze if they are offering it. It's quite the treat in F, with so many little dishes to choose from. This dish is very instagrammable when they set the table with the plate and the napkin, if you're into that. (How good are they with allowing you to take pictures on board? I plan on taking a lot of pictures. Not only on the flight but of course for my vacation in Dubai.
5) On the topic of appetizers, sometimes it's better to just have a sampling of the appetizers, soups and salads in F rather than a main course because the mains are mostly the ones that you have in J anyway if you fly the route regularly. If you do have a main, try something that isn't on the J menu (look up before going). (just looked at the mains does not look as appetizing compared to everything else)
6) Thank your crew profusely, they work really hard.
7) And of course, shower at 36,000 feet Schedule your time with the crewmember when you board.
Additional questions are in bold. Thank you, everyone, for your suggestions!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.