Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2018

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2018, 12:57 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
That might be an issue as it could be a consolidator fare. What does the fare basis on your ticket say? The first letter usually indicates the fare bucket. Do the fare rules permit changes?
The fare basis is where I see the BT reference rather than the conventional format. Can't see any fare rules.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 1:05 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
I am flirting with the idea of an LAX-JFK-MXP flight in business class where the domestic segment is on Jet Blue. Can anyone confirm that we'd have Mint class for the outbound (or is that reserved for "First" tickets)?
Old Sep 17, 2018, 8:16 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by Gig103
I am flirting with the idea of an LAX-JFK-MXP flight in business class where the domestic segment is on Jet Blue. Can anyone confirm that we'd have Mint class for the outbound (or is that reserved for "First" tickets)?
When is it that you intend to travel?

Doing a dummy booking for Dec 18, the 2 options given were AS(F)-EK(J)-EK(J)-B6(Y) (at a staggering quote of US$17,000+)
Doing the same for Feb19 it came back as B6(J)-EK(J)-EK(J)-B6(J) US$7000+.

The EK site for the Feb19 quote specifically states Business Class for the JetBlue flights for all 5 options that were given.

I would assume that that if it were a whole B6/EK itinerary and it states Business for the B6 flights then you should be in J (Mint).

S
Old Sep 17, 2018, 8:33 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
What about LAX-DXB-MXP as an alternative?
Old Sep 17, 2018, 12:51 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by Saltire74

When is it that you intend to travel?

Doing a dummy booking for Dec 18, the 2 options given were AS(F)-EK(J)-EK(J)-B6(Y) (at a staggering quote of US$17,000+)
Doing the same for Feb19 it came back as B6(J)-EK(J)-EK(J)-B6(J) US$7000+.

The EK site for the Feb19 quote specifically states Business Class for the JetBlue flights for all 5 options that were given.

I would assume that that if it were a whole B6/EK itinerary and it states Business for the B6 flights then you should be in J (Mint).

S

Thanksgiving @ $9k, and it does say "Business" for the Jetblue flights. While the price might end up making it a no-go (there are some good OTA deals with other airlines) I guess the question still stands - How does B6 handle "Business" codeshares. You'd think it was Mint but they could in theory reserve that for F and give "Even More Space" to Business.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
I have some expiring miles and thinking of booking a return flight for July 19. After I take the outbound can I then call up and change my return to anytime till July 20? I have one year from the outbound date to fly my return ticket right?
Old Sep 17, 2018, 9:42 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by Gig103
Thanksgiving @ $9k, and it does say "Business" for the Jetblue flights. While the price might end up making it a no-go (there are some good OTA deals with other airlines) I guess the question still stands - How does B6 handle "Business" codeshares. You'd think it was Mint but they could in theory reserve that for F and give "Even More Space" to Business.
I couldn’t get an F itinerary to price up on the EK website for that route. For any F pax, I would have said that it is more likely that part of their journey will be in J and advertised as such along with those pax that have a J ticket.

S
Old Sep 18, 2018, 3:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by onlysuites
I have some expiring miles and thinking of booking a return flight for July 19. After I take the outbound can I then call up and change my return to anytime till July 20? I have one year from the outbound date to fly my return ticket right?
Needed a quick answer on this please. Anyone?
Old Sep 18, 2018, 4:27 am

Needed a quick answer on this please. Anyone?
You can only change it to current date + 330 (or whatever the EK booking window is, might be 355), so can't change to 2020, what you can do is possibly call to make the entire booking, tell them your return date is not yet bookable and they'll book it for the last day possible now (Sep 2019 probably) and add a note that you can get a single free change in future when your date is bookable, never tried this myself but worth a short perhaps.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
You can only change it to current date + 330 (or whatever the EK booking window is, might be 355), so can't change to 2020, what you can do is possibly call to make the entire booking, tell them your return date is not yet bookable and they'll book it for the last day possible now (Sep 2019 probably) and add a note that you can get a single free change in future when your date is bookable, never tried this myself but worth a short perhaps.
So say I book for 07-19 now with return for 08-19 which is the furthest available. Come 07-19 I should be able to move the return to 06-20 right.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 10:23 am

So say I book for 07-19 now with return for 08-19 which is the furthest available. Come 07-19 I should be able to move the return to 06-20 right.
Yes, that's my understanding. I've never done it, just going off what I've read from others. I rarely book more than 3 months ahead, so what you're doing is unfathomable to me
onlysuites likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 7:50 pm

I've done as described although not pushing the limits as you're proposing. As stated, it must be done over the phone which incurs a fee (I couldn't persuade them to drop it) and you should tell them to mark the booking as having one free date change. There will still be a fare difference to pay if the fare code used initially is not available for the new date.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 2:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ft101
I've done as described although not pushing the limits as you're proposing. As stated, it must be done over the phone which incurs a fee (I couldn't persuade them to drop it) and you should tell them to mark the booking as having one free date change. There will still be a fare difference to pay if the fare code used initially is not available for the new date.
Its a points booking with expiring miles. Can't fly this year hence why the longer dates.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 4:30 am

Its a points booking with expiring miles. Can't fly this year hence why the longer dates.
if your miles are expiring I don't think youll be able to do this.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by m3red
if your miles are expiring I don't think youll be able to do this.
Why though? Isn't a ticket valid for one year from the date of the first flight? So if I ticket today for Jul 19 which should use the miles then the return date should be possible for one year from July 19? Am I missing something?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.