Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2018

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2018, 1:13 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Bummer, but I'll gladly take the AS miles instead
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Unlikely, supposedly it checks the manifest and your not be identified on it as the number you're lggiloginto WiFi with isn't in the manifest
Old Sep 5, 2018, 10:05 am

Apologies if asked before, I’ve had a look but didn’t see anything obvious.

Im looking to do my first flights on Emirates next year, almost certainly in first and London - Singapore, with a possible stop in Dubai for a few days on the way back.

I was just wondering if Emirates do sales in the way that the likes of BA and Virgin do. Not having followed or flown Emirates before I’ve no idea.

Thanks.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 10:16 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Scott Pilgrim
Apologies if asked before, I’ve had a look but didn’t see anything obvious.

Im looking to do my first flights on Emirates next year, almost certainly in first and London - Singapore, with a possible stop in Dubai for a few days on the way back.

I was just wondering if Emirates do sales in the way that the likes of BA and Virgin do. Not having followed or flown Emirates before I’ve no idea.

Thanks.
In what way do BA and Virgin? EK does have sales, hard to predict when though and generally I suggest booking when prices suit you. Also consider that the sales usually mean that they have special fares which are heavily restricted. If you want a flex fare anyway the price is unlikely to be lower during a sale
Old Sep 5, 2018, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
In what way do BA and Virgin? EK does have sales, hard to predict when though and generally I suggest booking when prices suit you. Also consider that the sales usually mean that they have special fares which are heavily restricted. If you want a flex fare anyway the price is unlikely to be lower during a sale
In what way? Well, just as in fairly regular at routine sorts of times, and I’m fortunate that dates can be flexible to suit whenever best fares might be available.

Thanks for your reply.
skywardhunter likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 11:19 am

Programs: Skywards Gold

In what way? Well, just as in fairly regular at routine sorts of times, and I’m fortunate that dates can be flexible to suit whenever best fares might be available.

Thanks for your reply.
there's generally no predictable pattern to sales but yeah as mentioned a sale usually means lower rate buckets with more restrictive fare rules open up. That being said I think I recall others discussing regular UK sales in here so others may have better information
Scott Pilgrim likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 11:22 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue

Thanks for your reply.
Sign up and join Skywards which should give you the option of receiving marketing emails which should notify you of any sales. Not too sure if ex-EU would apply but also consider comparing other UK departure points.

S
Old Sep 5, 2018, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by Saltire74

Sign up and join Skywards which should give you the option of receiving marketing emails which should notify you of any sales. Not too sure if ex-EU would apply but also consider comparing other UK departure points.

S
Just signed up and wilco re other departure points.

Thanks.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 1:23 pm

Edinburgh has got double miles and companion ticket offers on just now if that's on any interest.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 1:50 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Very few UK sales recently IME. Prices just seem to continue going north

There were since F saver fares from some EU cities recently. So, you could get F to East Asia for around €4k, including the new F from BRU.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 2:25 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Although in the other direction: AMS from CPT is often 10 - 20 % cheaper in J than London airports. I sometimes use a cheap (Avios) BA positioning flight to take advantage of this. Of course that means less luggage (which for me is a non issue) and no chauffeur drive in London but I can live with that considering the savings. Could also use Skywards miles to buy an EasyJet ticket AMS / LGW, have not done that yet though.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 1:51 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by ft101
Edinburgh has got double miles and companion ticket offers on just now if that's on any interest.

Not sure if this is because I am searching from outside the UK but struggling to find this.. is it on the EK home page or have you seen it elsewhere?
Old Sep 9, 2018, 2:05 am

Originally Posted by Will08
Not sure if this is because I am searching from outside the UK but struggling to find this.. is it on the EK home page or have you seen it elsewhere?
I received an email for the miles (it's actually triple miles) with a link to register so it may have been targetted. I can't remember where I heard about the companion offer.

Edit. Triple Miles link is currently on the UK homepage here. Scroll down.

https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/
Old Sep 9, 2018, 12:07 pm

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by ft101
I received an email for the miles (it's actually triple miles) with a link to register so it may have been targetted. I can't remember where I heard about the companion offer.

Edit. Triple Miles link is currently on the UK homepage here. Scroll down.

https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/
Is this triple miles offer not for new customers? It kept on coming up with an error message when I tried to click the link.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 5:36 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AC E75K, Chatime Elite
Hotel Stopover Question (taking a longer layover)

Hi,
If I choose a connection that's after the next immediate connecting flight, would the hotel stopover still be complimentary?

Say, I have 2:35 to connect, but I'd like to stay overnight and explore Dubai and leave about 15 hours later.

I'd be traveling in F, if that helps. Thanks for helping me plan my first EK trip!
Old Sep 9, 2018, 8:30 pm

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by TTC192Rocket
Hi,
If I choose a connection that's after the next immediate connecting flight, would the hotel stopover still be complimentary?

Say, I have 2:35 to connect, but I'd like to stay overnight and explore Dubai and leave about 15 hours later.

I'd be traveling in F, if that helps. Thanks for helping me plan my first EK trip!
To the best of my knowledge that would not qualify for Dubai Connect (complimentary hotel) as the next available flight must be at least 6 hours after arrival into DXB. There is no shortage of reasonably priced hotels in Dubai though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.