FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Emirates | Skywards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards-490/)
-   -   [NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2018 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards/1884998-newbie-lounge-ask-your-questions-here-flame-free-2018-a.html)

FlyDUS Jan 3, 2018 5:14 am

BTW. Another question. If I redeem miles for award tickets to prevent them from expiration, what happens when I need to re-schedule the flight or completely cancel it? Will I get miles refunded and what about those that were about to expire?

thijsseh Jan 3, 2018 7:19 am

Originally Posted by HaikalS (Post 29239323)
Hi Guys,

I made a redemption booking a while ago for TPE-BOS F (17 June) and BOS-TPE J (12 July).

I've been trying to move by TPE-BOS flight to 14 June and see availability on the Emirates website (if I look for J instead of F). However, for some reason I can't make this change from the Manage my booking page. I've tried calling the call center twice and they keep on telling me there are no reward seats available.

Any ideas how to sort this out?

Other (maybe relevant info):
I recently got a message from Emirates saying the TPE-DXB flight has an aircraft change and no longer has F class. So TPE-DXB is now in Business and DXB-BOS in First

On EF, I see no availability in either Z (F award) or D (J award) on either EK 376 (TPE-DXB) 0n 14 June or EK 237 (DXB-BOS) on 15 June. So the call centre seem to be right.
How it would have been possible to book a new award through the website is unclear to me (unless it was booked in the time between you spotting it on the website and calling the call centre).

HaikalS Jan 4, 2018 7:24 am

Originally Posted by thijsseh (Post 29244120)
On EF, I see no availability in either Z (F award) or D (J award) on either EK 376 (TPE-DXB) 0n 14 June or EK 237 (DXB-BOS) on 15 June. So the call centre seem to be right.
How it would have been possible to book a new award through the website is unclear to me (unless it was booked in the time between you spotting it on the website and calling the call centre).

Thanks all for the help. I tried calling again today and this time I got a (more senior sounding) customer service agent. He right away pointed out that the issue was I had two different booking classes (TPE-DXB in Business the DXB-BOS in First). It took him 40+ minutes but he got me a seat on 14 June.

I guess HUCA (3x) does work!

Kangol Jan 7, 2018 3:33 am

For a 12+ hour Dubai Connect overnight stay, has anyone cleared transit security just to use the lounge, then go landside to the specified hotel? What if one were to do that, would it be frowned upon?

skywardhunter Jan 7, 2018 5:59 am

Originally Posted by Kangol (Post 29260547)
For a 12+ hour Dubai Connect overnight stay, has anyone cleared transit security just to use the lounge, then go landside to the specified hotel? What if one were to do that, would it be frowned upon?

Many have and who would frown upon it? No one would know.

DYKWIA Jan 8, 2018 2:03 am

Originally Posted by Kangol (Post 29260547)

No issues doing this - you just need to go the wrong way through security once you are ready to go to your hotel.

FlyDUS Jan 8, 2018 2:25 am

Hi all once again

I needed to re-book my flight from DXB to MAN last week and when I re-booked there was available eco fares so I called the Emirates hotline to get boked on Eco Flex Plus (Y fare) based on my Skywards Gold status,
Checking availability on expertflyer it shows the flight is 100% booked now :-O
J0 C0 I0 O0 P0 Y0 E0 R0 W0 M0 B0 U0 K0 H0 Q0 L0 T0 V0 X0

How do you think chances are for me to get bumped into business class?
I am afraid if that is also fully booked I might even end up with getting a 'denied boarding' in worst case rather than enjoying a upgrade?
Is there anything I should consider for check in (early / late)? Will that impact my upgrade chances?

Thanks for any advice.
FlyDUS

skywardhunter Jan 8, 2018 2:38 am

Originally Posted by FlyDUS (Post 29264272)
Hi all once again

I needed to re-book my flight from DXB to MAN last week and when I re-booked there was available eco fares so I called the Emirates hotline to get boked on Eco Flex Plus (Y fare) based on my Skywards Gold status,
Checking availability on expertflyer it shows the flight is 100% booked now :-O
J0 C0 I0 O0 P0 Y0 E0 R0 W0 M0 B0 U0 K0 H0 Q0 L0 T0 V0 X0

How do you think chances are for me to get bumped into business class?
I am afraid if that is also fully booked I might even end up with getting a 'denied boarding' in worst case rather than enjoying a upgrade?
Is there anything I should consider for check in (early / late)? Will that impact my upgrade chances?

Thanks for any advice.
FlyDUS

You won't be denied boarding because you're on a Y fare and Gold. However if you're flexible I'd volunteer for denied boarding and score a free return ticket

Kangol Jan 8, 2018 3:21 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter (Post 29260840)
Many have and who would frown upon it? No one would know.

Originally Posted by DYKWIA (Post 29264231)
No issues doing this - you just need to go the wrong way through security once you are ready to go to your hotel.

Thanks, thought it might be OK but wanted to see if others had done so. I imagine that the F lounge food and drink would be better than the hotel fare. The only advantage would be a pool - is there one at the Dubai connect J/F hotel?

DYKWIA Jan 8, 2018 3:46 am

Originally Posted by Kangol (Post 29264370)
Thanks, thought it might be OK but wanted to see if others had done so. I imagine that the F lounge food and drink would be better than the hotel fare. The only advantage would be a pool - is there one at the Dubai connect J/F hotel?

There are 3 pools at the Le Meridrien that I can think of :)

kvncrw Jan 9, 2018 12:49 pm

Emirates sold out Aug. 2018

I'll try and make it simple. Booking for a family visit this August to Sri Lanka. SEA would be a central departure point ( split between YVR and PDX ) An Emirates flight looks good, but all six economy return options are 'sold out'. Checked SFO and LAX and all returns are 'sold out'. Is it possible all are indeed sold out or does the airline hold blocks of seats for a time period. If it does hold them, is there any way of knowing when they are released. getting through by phone during current weather problems is near impossible. Thanks

thijsseh Jan 9, 2018 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by kvncrw (Post 29271138)
I'll try and make it simple. Booking for a family visit this August to Sri Lanka. SEA would be a central departure point ( split between YVR and PDX ) An Emirates flight looks good, but all six economy return options are 'sold out'. Checked SFO and LAX and all returns are 'sold out'. Is it possible all are indeed sold out or does the airline hold blocks of seats for a time period. If it does hold them, is there any way of knowing when they are released. getting through by phone during current weather problems is near impossible. Thanks

Can you maybe be a bit more specific about the dates of both the outbound and inbound trips?
On ExpertFlyer I see plenty economy availability between SEA and CMB each day between 12 and 18 August.

kvncrw Jan 10, 2018 12:06 am

Originally Posted by thijsseh (Post 29271201)

Can you maybe be a bit more specific about the dates of both the outbound and inbound trips?
On ExpertFlyer I see plenty economy availability between SEA and CMB each day between 12 and 18 August.

Sorry. Outbound to CMB Aug. 2 and return 24. Return on the 24th displays many choices, but selecting ‘economy’ shows ‘sold out ‘ for all. Thanks

thijsseh Jan 10, 2018 12:23 am

Originally Posted by kvncrw (Post 29273165)

Sorry. Outbound to CMB Aug. 2 and return 24. Return on the 24th displays many choices, but selecting ‘economy’ shows ‘sold out ‘ for all. Thanks

Welcome to Flyer talk and to the Emirates form (sorry, I forgot to say that last night....)

Plenty of availability on EF, so I decided to do a dummy booking.
On the outbound there is economy Saver availability, on the inbound (24 August) there is economy Flex.

I tried for 4 pax., not sure how many you want, but there does not seem to be a problem with availability for the dates you are looking at.

kvncrw Jan 10, 2018 1:14 am

Originally Posted by thijsseh (Post 29273195)
Welcome to Flyer talk and to the Emirates form (sorry, I forgot to say that last night....)

Plenty of availability on EF, so I decided to do a dummy booking.
On the outbound there is economy Saver availability, on the inbound (24 August) there is economy Flex.

I tried for 4 pax., not sure how many you want, but there does not seem to be a problem with availability for the dates you are looking at.

Thanks very much for your time, thijsseh. I fear I have wasted it. I see the error I made. I searched google flights and went to the Emirates site and had 'economy' on the brain and didn't see that 'saver' wasn't offered on the return flight, but economy flex, and assumed (always a bad idea ) that saver and ec fx combined would be too expensive, since the 'saver' section was 'sold out'. I did a dummy booking and the price matches what I expected. Thanks also for the EF site which is new to me. Any tips or advice with Emirates would helpful.