Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2018

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2018, 7:53 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by jpcj

Thanks. Fortunately this is for work so I will be booking through the corporate agency regardless. What makes some combinable vs other not?

Also, does Emirates have an interline agreement with UA? They are listed on the emirates site but other sources say UA ended that relationship.
depends on the fare rules and whether end-on-end ticketing is permitted I think. Why not try B6? They're an EK codeshare partner. You can use ITa matrix to try find a combinable fare/itinerary
Old Apr 8, 2018, 9:06 am

Thanks. Fortunately this is for work so I will be booking through the corporate agency regardless. What makes some combinable vs other not?

Also, does Emirates have an interline agreement with UA? They are listed on the emirates site but other sources say UA ended that relationship.
Combinability is based on the fare rules - alliance based carriers usually let it happen on their cheaper fares.

EK does have an interline agreement, but that simply means that if that it is theoretically possible to buy a ticket with both EK and UA metal on it, and have bags tagged through + the various indemnities and warranties of an IATA interline ticket. That ticket is, in practice, for carriers that don't like each other, going to be a YY fare (i.e. very expensive and carrier neutral).
Old Apr 9, 2018, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter

depends on the fare rules and whether end-on-end ticketing is permitted I think. Why not try B6? They're an EK codeshare partner. You can use ITa matrix to try find a combinable fare/itinerary
Unfortunately the connections B6 from ORD aren't great either. The best one seems just out of the legal JFK connection time at 76 min. I've tried ITA as well, results are the same.

Seems like I just need to call up my agent and see if they can piece it together. Otherwise I'm out of luck or I'll have to book separately and collect bags & recheck.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 9:50 am

Unfortunately the connections B6 from ORD aren't great either. The best one seems just out of the legal JFK connection time at 76 min. I've tried ITA as well, results are the same.

Seems like I just need to call up my agent and see if they can piece it together. Otherwise I'm out of luck or I'll have to book separately and collect bags & recheck.
It'll probably be significantly cheaper to book separately and on the return to the US you anyway need to collect and re-check as you clear customs. I book separate tickets to international/cheaper gateways all the time, just booked a positioning flight for such a ticket today (not in the US though)
Old Apr 9, 2018, 10:06 am

It'll probably be significantly cheaper to book separately and on the return to the US you anyway need to collect and re-check as you clear customs. I book separate tickets to international/cheaper gateways all the time, just booked a positioning flight for such a ticket today (not in the US though)
I think I agree, I had the same thought about the return. So the only real impact is that I will have to recheck on the outbound side (and I guess the same at DXB coming back from India).

One last thing I guess I should ask. Everything I've read says to avoid the EK 777 in Y and go with the 380. I mean there is direct ORD-DXB on the 777, but 10 across in Y sounds really bad. Would others go through the trouble to do this also?
Old Apr 9, 2018, 11:39 am

I think I agree, I had the same thought about the return. So the only real impact is that I will have to recheck on the outbound side (and I guess the same at DXB coming back from India).

One last thing I guess I should ask. Everything I've read says to avoid the EK 777 in Y and go with the 380. I mean there is direct ORD-DXB on the 777, but 10 across in Y sounds really bad. Would others go through the trouble to do this also?
the 380 feels more spacious definitely. If you’re are positioning anyway you may as well position to a station with the 380. That being said the WiFi and service on the 77W are faster and you can pay for a twin or extra legroom seat.

No need to re-check in DXB if transiting
​​​​​​​
Old Apr 9, 2018, 12:34 pm

the 380 feels more spacious definitely. If you’re are positioning anyway you may as well position to a station with the 380. That being said the WiFi and service on the 77W are faster and you can pay for a twin or extra legroom seat.

No need to re-check in DXB if transiting
I wouldn't say I'm positioning anyway, until now I was only planning to do so to get what I considered the best flight experience I could in Y on the long haul. I should have the chance to get an extra legroom seat on the 380 too. Question there, does expertflyer show paid seats as blocked until occupied?

I have the same issue transiting from India, it will require separate ticket.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 7:13 am

Hi,
I have a question regarding baggage interline on separate tickets, if I am starting my journey with emirates and ending it with their partner Malaysia airlines can my baggage be interlined from my starting point all the way to the final destination?
Old Apr 13, 2018, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by Ashi777
Hi,
I have a question regarding baggage interline on separate tickets, if I am starting my journey with emirates and ending it with their partner Malaysia airlines can my baggage be interlined from my starting point all the way to the final destination?
yes
Old Apr 14, 2018, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by ElJudioErrante
yes
So I asked emirates on twitter got two different answers one said we should be able but depends on the check in agent and the other response I got is no if tiocket is seperate. Now if I book my flight arrives KUL 14:25 and my malaysian airlines flight departs at 17:05, let's say they don't check in my bag to my final destination, that means there is no time to pass immigration, get the bag and check in again right?
Old Apr 14, 2018, 8:17 am

So I asked emirates on twitter got two different answers one said we should be able but depends on the check in agent and the other response I got is no if tiocket is seperate. Now if I book my flight arrives KUL 14:25 and my malaysian airlines flight departs at 17:05, let's say they don't check in my bag to my final destination, that means there is no time to pass immigration, get the bag and check in again right?
on separate ticket yes you can.there's interline luggage agreement.
The check- in agent (or supervisor) has last say, but in my experience NEVER a problem.And I don't see why this should be a problem.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 9:50 am

plenty of time to clear immigration and re-check if you needed to
Old Apr 14, 2018, 5:51 pm

plenty of time to clear immigration and re-check if you needed to
Yeah but if the emirates flight is delayed I am screwed.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 7:53 pm

EK aircraft type

Does anyone know the aircraft type for the EK010 from LGW to Dubai please, hoping to sit in the upper deck in Y.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by Noble16
Does anyone know the aircraft type for the EK010 from LGW to Dubai please, hoping to sit in the upper deck in Y.
3 class a380, so no upper deck y

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.