Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2018

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2018

Old Mar 3, 2018, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Yes, check for business saver award in the EK Website, alternatively use ExpertFlyer but they're having issues with EK Upgrade availability right now so not sure if it's fixed yet.
Thanks, seems like no upgrades available from DXB to JFK on April 20th on pretty much any flight.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 12:54 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by Ruber74
Thanks, seems like no upgrades available from DXB to JFK on April 20th on pretty much any flight.
If you have any flexibility, there is availability ex IAD on the 20th.
​​​​​​​And on the 17th, 22nd and 23rd ex JFK. Also some days ex EWR.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 9:39 am

Programs: BAEC
Yes, check for business saver award in the EK Website, alternatively use ExpertFlyer but they're having issues with EK Upgrade availability right now so not sure if it's fixed yet.
Sorry, just checking - is that on the flight booking page as in a Business Class saver fare?
Old Mar 4, 2018, 10:00 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by londonba2014
Sorry, just checking - is that on the flight booking page as in a Business Class saver fare?
No, I used ExpertFlyer to search for D (Business Saver award and upgrade) availability.
Unfortunately I searched the wrong direction, JFK to DXB. My apologies for that.
​​​​​​​However, DXB to JFK is available on 17/3. And DXB to IAD on 17, 18, 19 and 20 March (I searched for 1 seat, not sure how many you would require).
Old Mar 4, 2018, 10:36 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by londonba2014
As thijsseh says, easiest is actually on EF, but without EF yeah on the EK website log in and do a search for a miles award booking in the class you want to upgrade to and check if they have Saver Award available, this is the same fare bucket used for upgrades.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by thijsseh

If you have any flexibility, there is availability ex IAD on the 20th.
And on the 17th, 22nd and 23rd ex JFK. Also some days ex EWR.
Thanks for your help, but I have yo fly on those dates. I ended up booking the Economy Flex, but still no upgrades available from DBX to JFK leg, hopefully they may become available.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 11:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Hi everyone, if I am flying from SIN-DXB-JFK on Emirates, will I get mileage for SIN-DXB-JFK or will I just get SIN-JFK (some airlines seem to do this?)?

Thanks!
Old Mar 5, 2018, 11:15 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by markcwj
Hi everyone, if I am flying from SIN-DXB-JFK on Emirates, will I get mileage for SIN-DXB-JFK or will I just get SIN-JFK (some airlines seem to do this?)?

Thanks!
It will be SIN-DXB-JFK, but EK mileage is not strictly distance flown but rather region-based and then adjusted to fare type. You earn full miles in a Flex Plus fare, then half miles for Flex, half of those for Saver and half of those for Special (roundabout, might not always be exactly half).

Just log into MMB and enter your FF number to see the miles, or if it's a non-EK number and it isn't displayed (I don't know if it would be) you can use the Skywards calculator on the site: https://www.emirates.com/account/in/...alculator.aspx

FWIW the difference between SIN-JFK and SIN-DXB-JFK on a great circle route is less than 10% (9108nm via DXB vs 8288nm direct). Full fare Y on EK earns 9,500 miles.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 11:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
It will be SIN-DXB-JFK, but EK mileage is not strictly distance flown but rather region-based and then adjusted to fare type. You earn full miles in a Flex Plus fare, then half miles for Flex, half of those for Saver and half of those for Special (roundabout, might not always be exactly half).

Just log into MMB and enter your FF number to see the miles, or if it's a non-EK number and it isn't displayed (I don't know if it would be) you can use the Skywards calculator on the site: https://www.emirates.com/account/in/...alculator.aspx

FWIW the difference between SIN-JFK and SIN-DXB-JFK on a great circle route is less than 10% (9108nm via DXB vs 8288nm direct). Full fare Y on EK earns 9,500 miles.
Thanks for the super detailed answer! Actually flying in Business Saver and thinking about crediting those flights to AS instead but yes 10% difference is not too bad Thank you for the help!
skywardhunter likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 6:31 am

Hello everybody

I'm soon to travel from London to Auckland, on EK448 from the Dubai to Auckland leg.

Emirates have just made Row 80 available for pre booking as extra legroom seats, specifically 80 ABC and 80 HJK.

My question is, Is Row 80 a 3 seat row, on other A380s it's a 2 suit row. Or is the 'K' seat row 81 ?
Old Mar 7, 2018, 7:25 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by woollygirl
Hello everybody

I'm soon to travel from London to Auckland, on EK448 from the Dubai to Auckland leg.

Emirates have just made Row 80 available for pre booking as extra legroom seats, specifically 80 ABC and 80 HJK.

My question is, Is Row 80 a 3 seat row, on other A380s it's a 2 suit row. Or is the 'K' seat row 81 ?
Note sure, but it looks like it could be a 2 class A380? They seem to have seats ABC on Row 80.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 7:48 am

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Hello everybody

On the newer A380's row 80 has 3 seats by the window so 81A/K do not have the unlimited legroom of older frames. Row 80 still has extra legroom so worth booking.
@DYKWIA Still a 3 class airframe.
DYKWIA likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 7:58 am

Thanks for this. In your opinion is 80K a better seat than 68K that I'm currently booked in?
Old Mar 7, 2018, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by kq747
On the newer A380's row 80 has 3 seats by the window so 81A/K do not have the unlimited legroom of older frames. Row 80 still has extra legroom so worth booking.
@DYKWIA Still a 3 class airframe.
Thanks for this, in your opinion do you think 80K is better than 68K that I'm currently booked in?
Old Mar 7, 2018, 9:11 am

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Thanks for this, in your opinion do you think 80K is better than 68K that I'm currently booked in?
68A/K is a better seat IMO and my favourite Y seat on the A380. You have unlimited legroom and also easier access in and out of the seat and it is farther forward for disembarking. Things that might bother some people are that you have to lean forward to see out the window properly otherwise you only see the wing and the slightly reduced seat width as the tray table is stored in the arm rest but that also applies to 80A/K. 80A/K have the door protruding in front which slightly limits being able to stretch out. Bottom line: stick with 68K.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.