Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2018

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2018

Old Feb 21, 18, 11:01 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by skywardhunter View Post
Call back, but don't expect US type flexibility. You could fly a day later, it's 1.30am Italian time for the new flight so you may not be as fatigued as you think and can spend a full day in DXB and head to the airport after dinner and enjoy the F lounge.

You can ask about changing your flight to DFW direct and there's a good chance they'll waive the change fee but will charge a fare difference
I had a two-day stopover in DXB on the return leg of this same trip (YYZ-DXB-MXP) that became a 25-hour stopover. Would like to keep the same amount of time in Dubai, but there's no flight back to YYZ on the day in question. Do you think EK would be amenable to switching it to JFK or BOS, or would that trigger a reprice even without any YYZ option on that day?
Old Feb 22, 18, 1:05 am
Suspended

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by steveholt View Post
I had a two-day stopover in DXB on the return leg of this same trip (YYZ-DXB-MXP) that became a 25-hour stopover. Would like to keep the same amount of time in Dubai, but there's no flight back to YYZ on the day in question. Do you think EK would be amenable to switching it to JFK or BOS, or would that trigger a reprice even without any YYZ option on that day?
Best way to find out is ask them, it'll only take 5 minutes
ElJudioErrante likes this.
Old Feb 23, 18, 12:22 pm

please delete this. mistake post.
Old Feb 24, 18, 8:30 am

I'm going to have a SIN-GVA trip next month, and I see that one of my option is to fly Emirates through DXB. I've never flown in Emirates before, and therefore is seeking opinion here : for my SIN-DXB sector, I see various flights that use A380 or B777, depending on the flight timing. Considering that I will have the choice to fly business class, is it worth to choose A380 flight vs B777, even if it means a much longer transit in DXB (7 to 10 hours, depending on which timing chosen). I've never been in an on-board lounge, hence attracted by the A380 But what would I do in DXB if I have 10-hours layover there?
Thanks in advance for the opinion.
Old Feb 24, 18, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by liem22 View Post
I'm going to have a SIN-GVA trip next month, and I see that one of my option is to fly Emirates through DXB. I've never flown in Emirates before, and therefore is seeking opinion here : for my SIN-DXB sector, I see various flights that use A380 or B777, depending on the flight timing. Considering that I will have the choice to fly business class, is it worth to choose A380 flight vs B777, even if it means a much longer transit in DXB (7 to 10 hours, depending on which timing chosen). I've never been in an on-board lounge, hence attracted by the A380 But what would I do in DXB if I have 10-hours layover there?
The on board bar has tasty bites as well as drinks.
For me the A380 is becoming less popular because of the poorer wifi vs B777 although on SIN/DXB the wifi is usually blocked over India.
​​​​​​Plenty to do in DXB J lounges ...especially eating drinking ...sleeping.I never get anywhere near bored there.
liem22 likes this.
Old Feb 24, 18, 10:06 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

A380 every time for me. If you don't need a visa, then try and get out of the airport.
liem22 likes this.
Old Feb 24, 18, 10:42 am

7 to 10 hours is too much in the airport. I did it once in the early days of the A380 but wouldn't do it again.
liem22 likes this.
Old Feb 24, 18, 12:44 pm
Suspended

If you fly F You can get the new F in the 777
thijsseh and liem22 like this.
Old Feb 25, 18, 1:54 am

If you fly F You can get the new F in the 777
Unfortunately, no F class for me
How about the business class cabin comparison between the A380 vs B777 ? I guess Emirates may have different generations of the product in either the A380 or 777, so let's narrow it down to the aircrafts that are typically used in SIN-DXB route.
Old Feb 25, 18, 2:12 am

A380 is better in comfort. I prefer the SIN/DXB flight when it doesn't originate in Australia as "fresh" flight thus cleaner.
liem22 likes this.
Old Feb 26, 18, 10:44 am

Im flying on ek89 Dxb gva on 8th April I can guest you into the fIrst lounge if you are on that flight
liem22 and ElJudioErrante like this.
Old Feb 27, 18, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by m3red View Post
Im flying on ek89 Dxb gva on 8th April I can guest you into the fIrst lounge if you are on that flight
Wow, that's so nice of you, m3red.. Unfortunately my travel will not be on that date Thanks for offering!
Old Feb 28, 18, 5:58 am

So, due to the fare difference for the particular dates that I need to travel, it seems I'm going to end up taking the 777 flight (and one with stop-over in Colombo, no less ). And I just found out (to the surprise of this Emirates newbie), that Emirates' 777 business class is 2-3-2 configuration. Then I quickly checked Etihad, in case I can just change plan and fly via AUH instead - only to find that Etihad's 787 is even 2-4-2 (with half facing backwards). Wasn't expecting this from the 2 awards-winning airlines, to be honest
Old Feb 28, 18, 7:05 am
Suspended

So, due to the fare difference for the particular dates that I need to travel, it seems I'm going to end up taking the 777 flight (and one with stop-over in Colombo, no less ). And I just found out (to the surprise of this Emirates newbie), that Emirates' 777 business class is 2-3-2 configuration. Then I quickly checked Etihad, in case I can just change plan and fly via AUH instead - only to find that Etihad's 787 is even 2-4-2 (with half facing backwards). Wasn't expecting this from the 2 awards-winning airlines, to be honest
EY is all-aisle access, the 2-4-2 is mis-leading, it's more like 1-2-1 but two rows staggered so they overlap a little.

EK is 2-3-2, so you have 6 middle seats in J out of 42, do you think your options on seat selection will be that slim that you can't get a Window or Aisle? It's not as big of a deal as some people like to make it, IMHO
thijsseh likes this.
Old Feb 28, 18, 10:48 am

EY is all-aisle access, the 2-4-2 is mis-leading, it's more like 1-2-1 but two rows staggered so they overlap a little.

EK is 2-3-2, so you have 6 middle seats in J out of 42, do you think your options on seat selection will be that slim that you can't get a Window or Aisle? It's not as big of a deal as some people like to make it, IMHO
Hi skywardhunter, if I am in EK's 777 and seated at window (say, seat number A) and passenger in seat B is sleeping, can I get out without waking him up?

Last edited by liem22; Feb 28, 18 at 10:49 am Reason: clarity

Search this Thread
Search Engine: