Lost baggage

Old Dec 26, 17, 4:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards blue
Lost baggage

During the chaos at Dubai during the fog, my wife and I missed our connection to bkk, transfered to another flight later on. Was advised during the flight that 1 out of 2 bags did not make the flight, but it would be flown in the following morning. Upon landing at BKK there were zero bags on the carousel.
wentbto desk to report that the 2nd bag was also missing. The lady added the 2nd bag to the PIR.
the next day as promised the originally lost bag was delivered to hotel in BKK, but emirates are non the wiser about the 2nd bag, almost not caring really. They have also shut the tracking number down as case closed, even tho one bag is still missing.
iam going round in circles with the local bkk office and call centre, no one will answer any question about it other than than promising me that the pir is still active, even though on line it tells me itís shut down and solved. 3 days on now and still no bag or answer.
anyone have any advice or help?
Old Dec 26, 17, 6:25 am
Ambassador: Emirates

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Bouncingsouls View Post
During the chaos at Dubai during the fog, my wife and I missed our connection to bkk, transfered to another flight later on. Was advised during the flight that 1 out of 2 bags did not make the flight, but it would be flown in the following morning. Upon landing at BKK there were zero bags on the carousel.
wentbto desk to report that the 2nd bag was also missing. The lady added the 2nd bag to the PIR.
the next day as promised the originally lost bag was delivered to hotel in BKK, but emirates are non the wiser about the 2nd bag, almost not caring really. They have also shut the tracking number down as case closed, even tho one bag is still missing.
iam going round in circles with the local bkk office and call centre, no one will answer any question about it other than than promising me that the pir is still active, even though on line it tells me itís shut down and solved. 3 days on now and still no bag or answer.
anyone have any advice or help?
Try a concise and factual explanation with all relevant details and tracking numbers in a DM to @EmiratesSupport on Twitter
Old Dec 26, 17, 3:07 pm

Programs: Asiana Club Diamond, Mileage Plan member, HHonors Gold
Get it in writing by email or DM as suggested above. You have 72 hours with EK to open file/claim. Then, as the baggage services in BKK sound useless you can show you tried to report it but encountered incompetence.
Old Dec 26, 17, 5:22 pm

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Emirates Skywards Plat , SAA Voyager Silver.
A police report always speeds things up ... just saying.
Old Dec 26, 17, 10:54 pm

Programs: EK Platinum, BA/SQ Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Flame3601 View Post
A police report always speeds things up ... just saying.
Is that not a bit extreme, if anything itís a civil case not criminal.

Once they lost my bag and it turned up two days later and it felt a little chaotic trying to track it but was glad it arrived eventually.

Hope they find your other bag.
I have found their twitter to be useful at least in making sure you get to the correct place.
​​​​​​​
Old Dec 26, 17, 11:52 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for your answers everyone.
Still no luck with the bag.
ive sent 3 tweets and 2 DMís but no one is answering any of them.
dubai call centre are useless, saying they have no info about the bag and that itís BKK staff I need to speak to.
BKK staff deliver similar answer.
my main concern is that PIR says case closed as this makes me think that the system isnít activally tracking the 2nd missing bag. Iíve suggested creating a new PIR for the still missing bag? But the call centre didnt understand my question.

Old Dec 27, 17, 12:07 am
Ambassador: Emirates

Programs: Skywards Gold
Thanks for your answers everyone.
Still no luck with the bag.
ive sent 3 tweets and 2 DMís but no one is answering any of them.
dubai call centre are useless, saying they have no info about the bag and that itís BKK staff I need to speak to.
BKK staff deliver similar answer.
my main concern is that PIR says case closed as this makes me think that the system isnít activally tracking the 2nd missing bag. Iíve suggested creating a new PIR for the still missing bag? But the call centre didnt understand my question.

Submit a contact form via the website with all details, won't get you a quick response but will get into the system. Keep following up with BKK, get someone's name, ideally a manager, and ask for them specifically, ideally they will take some ownership of the issue then. Ask them for specific information about the bag's current location and expected delivery time.
Old Dec 27, 17, 12:21 am
Original Poster

I have to say The hotel concierge at the le Mťridien Surawong road has been excellent during this.
he has spent a long time on the phone helping me out with emirates BKK.
and has said he will waive all room calls made during this time.
Old Dec 27, 17, 12:40 am

I have to say The hotel concierge at the le Mťridien Surawong road has been excellent during this.
he has spent a long time on the phone helping me out with emirates BKK.
and has said he will waive all room calls made during this time.

try using EK online chat.
Old Dec 27, 17, 12:50 am

If there's still an office in Bangkok, go there and talk to them face to face. If not, go to their desk in the airport.
Old Jan 2, 18, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

Thanks to everyone for your replies, .
As an update the lost bag did turn up at the hotel completely unannounced 4 days later. At no time on the phone to EK did anyone have any idea where the bag was, and all they could tell me was that it was under investigation. I have a feeling it was lost in the depths of BKK airport right from the start, as it didnít have a new priority luggage label for a later flight to Bangkok from Dubai like the other bag that was delivered to the hotel 3 days previous. Extremely happy it turned up, as I thought it was a goner.
now the hard part, trying to get EK to reimburse me for the clothes I had to buy!
Old Jan 25, 18, 11:20 am
Original Poster

Update 2.
emirates emailed me offering $200 ($50 per day). They didnít ask for any evidence of having to purchase anything, just offered me the full amount from the start.
I was expecting it to be a more long drawn out process, with them dragging there feet, but they were very fast at dealing with it.
Old Jan 25, 18, 12:08 pm

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Update 2.
emirates emailed me offering $200 ($50 per day). They didnít ask for any evidence of having to purchase anything, just offered me the full amount from the start.
I was expecting it to be a more long drawn out process, with them dragging there feet, but they were very fast at dealing with it.
Good to hear!