Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates to launch London Stansted Flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates to launch London Stansted Flights

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2018, 12:46 pm

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
I wonder who the CD provider will be?
Old May 16, 2018, 11:05 pm

Programs: EK Platinum, BA/SQ Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Platinum
No idea about CD tbh. I’m on the first flight in and they claim they are still waiting to sign the contract.
Tristar confirmed they bid for this work, but they are leaving it very late.
Old May 16, 2018, 11:09 pm

Programs: EK Platinum, BA/SQ Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Seat54
No idea about CD tbh. I’m on the first flight in and they claim they are still waiting to sign the contract.
Tristar confirmed they bid for this work, but they are leaving it very late.
Spoke too soon, email in inbox confirming car as I typed last message
Old May 17, 2018, 12:55 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Booked a flight in August. Impression from London ticket office is that there will be an EK Lounge
Flame3601 likes this.
Old May 17, 2018, 3:43 am

EK now also providing free train tickets on the Standstead Express to Y pax’s

- Emirates partners with Stansted Express ahead of June launch | News | Breaking Travel News
Old May 17, 2018, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by Flame3601
EK now also providing free train tickets on the Standstead Express to Y pax’s

- Emirates partners with Stansted Express ahead of June launch News Breaking Travel News
Good idea, given how much of a dump Stansted airport is, isn't there a drop off charge, plastic bag charge, may also have a loo charge, charge for sitting probably
Will08 likes this.
Old May 17, 2018, 9:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Stansted will not be in the running for Airport of the Year awards any time soon.

But if you really think it’s “a dump”, then I have to wonder just how much global travel you’ve done !

Re the free train ticket : good move by EK - and not to be sniffed at, given the cost of those Stansted Express fares.
Old May 17, 2018, 10:40 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by subject2load
Stansted will not be in the running for Airport of the Year awards any time soon.

But if you really think it’s “a dump”, then I have to wonder just how much global travel you’ve done !

Re the free train ticket : good move by EK - and not to be sniffed at, given the cost of those Stansted Express fares.
For those who don't know EK have something similar in Germany. If you book any Y ticket with EK originating in Germany you can take any train (including the ICE) on the day of departure and day of arrival to get to/from the airport, just need to show your EK e-ticket (or maybe print something else online, not sure of the mechanics of it).

Given the distances in Germany and how spread out it is that's a really good value add for Y pax
ukdoctor and subject2load like this.
Old May 17, 2018, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
For those who don't know EK have something similar in Germany. If you book any Y ticket with EK originating in Germany you can take any train (including the ICE) on the day of departure and day of arrival to get to/from the airport, just need to show your EK e-ticket (or maybe print something else online, not sure of the mechanics of it).

Given the distances in Germany and how spread out it is that's a really good value add for Y pax
Rail n fly.You need to specify station you start travel and station you end travel beforehand and print both railway tickets (usually easy to do,but sometimes frustrating) allows 1 connection in each direction although in my experience they're liberal with that.Valid from one day before departure and until one day after arrival.Only valid for travel starting AND ending in Germany, Can use any combination of EKs 4 gateways there (DUS FRA HAM MUC).
Old May 24, 2018, 1:02 pm

Just saw this and thought it was pretty interesting tactic, basically they claim the following:

"Choose Traveleads to book your First or Business class travel from Stansted to any Emirates destination and receive a one Tier Skywards upgrade from Blue to Silver or Silver to Gold. Valid for new return bookings until 6th July 2018 for travel outbound from 8th June to 15th July 2018."
Link-http://www.traveleads.co.uk/blog/Stansted-to-become-Emirates-seventh-UK-base

Oh and also CD provider in STN is going to be Tristar.

Last edited by Flame3601; May 24, 2018 at 1:11 pm
Old May 24, 2018, 11:20 pm
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by Flame3601
Just saw this and thought it was pretty interesting tactic, basically they claim the following:

Link-http://www.traveleads.co.uk/blog/Stansted-to-become-Emirates-seventh-UK-base

Oh and also CD provider in STN is going to be Tristar.
Is Tristar also who provides LHR?
Old May 25, 2018, 2:07 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by sydtogla
Is Tristar also who provides LHR?
There used to be (probably still is) more than one operator at LHR due to the number of flights. Tristar was defiantly one of them.
Old May 26, 2018, 3:41 am

Tristar was the only one at LHR for years then they split it with Carey getting the majority, but that’s swung round now and Tristar have the majority again.

I'm happier with Tristar, had so many near death experiences with the other company basically exhausted drivers falling asleep at the wheel, posted you tube videos to allow Emirates to see when the company denied it happening.

i no longer need to avoid certain flights
��
Old May 26, 2018, 5:34 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Seat54
Tristar was the only one at LHR for years then they split it with Carey getting the majority, but that’s swung round now and Tristar have the majority again.

I'm happier with Tristar, had so many near death experiences with the other company basically exhausted drivers falling asleep at the wheel, posted you tube videos to allow Emirates to see when the company denied it happening.

i no longer need to avoid certain flights
Even though it's Tristar managing, you've still no guarantee it will be a Tristar car/driver. They will sub contract depending on how many cars are required - and they generally only find out very late. As they are now owned by Addison Lee, you may end up in one of their cars or even another company.
Old May 27, 2018, 1:41 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Even though it's Tristar managing, you've still no guarantee it will be a Tristar car/driver. They will sub contract depending on how many cars are required - and they generally only find out very late. As they are now owned by Addison Lee, you may end up in one of their cars or even another company.
Nothing quite like a lovely thought to start a Sunday morning.
However having had their sub contractors, they are generally good and not reliant on rumble strips.

Will report back on Jun8 after I try it out

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.