Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fake DoB

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2017, 6:23 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: EY Guest Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, Le Club Accor Silver, AAdvantage Gold
Fake DoB

I have a flight booked in J (MAA-DXB-NCL RTN) next year and just created a full skywards account with a 2001 Fake DoB. Will any issues arise from this?
Old Dec 7, 2017, 6:36 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by DatBoi
I have a flight booked in J (MAA-DXB-NCL RTN) next year and just created a full skywards account with a 2001 Fake DoB. Will any issues arise from this?
Yeah, you won't get any miles and might be banned from both skywards and Skysurfers, quite obviously.

Just quit and wait it out.
Flame3601 likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 6:47 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Yeah bad choice , EK will pick up on your duplicate accounts eventually and this could get you banned as this is a clear violation of T&C's of the Skywards program. I have had a ongoing issue with BAEC , Amex made me a second BAEC account when i took out a credit card with them and i have been trying to sort things out with the multiple accounts while merging the accounts , and the Amex created one has a DOB error and that had to be sorted out as well, and this caught the attention of the Fraud team. Long story short , accounts locked by the fraud team and about 4 weeks downtime on both accounts trying to sort everything out. ( Not Skywards related , but still proves how time consuming it is to sort a honest mistake out , while yours was purely to trick the system.)

What was your reason for making a full account ?
Old Dec 7, 2017, 6:50 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Also, when you put your API into your booking, date of birth will not corroborate between account and passport information.

Something not to be encouraged.

S
Old Dec 7, 2017, 6:53 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: EY Guest Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, Le Club Accor Silver, AAdvantage Gold
Originally Posted by Flame3601
What was your reason for making a full account ?
I am 14 (nearly 15) and am restricted to that skysurfers crap. I am EY gold and would be ready to consider making a full move to EK if my full membership works. I have some upcoming flights with EK (look above).
Old Dec 7, 2017, 7:03 am

I am 14 (nearly 15) and am restricted to that skysurfers crap. I am EY gold and would be ready to consider making a full move to EK if my full membership works. I have some upcoming flights with EK (look above).
I understand as both my children were restricted to the "skysurfers crap" , however you have no real benefit in making a full skywards accounts unless you wish to check for upgrade/flight availability using Skyward miles via ek.com and you are also restricted in what transactions you can do as you are not of legally binding age. However you could always call EK or message them via live chat to check for upgrade/flight availability and then make sure you have a parents or someone over the age of 18 stored on file under travel co-oridantor , you can do this at ek.com. Then you are all set for this selected person to spend miles from your account for rewards flights/upgrades on your behalf. This issue is you are not 18 , so you are not of age to commit to legal transactions , and sadly for you air miles are consider in this regard.

You would not have lounge access anyway , so why stick with EY if you are ready to move. You aren't really losing out , just gotta take the longer way around to get things done.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 7:04 am

​​​​​​Maybe try QR, you'd be in good company unless you need to fly via/in/out UAE
thijsseh and Saltire74 like this.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
​​​​​​Maybe try QR, you'd be in good company unless you need to fly via/in/out UAE
You would also not have to mind going via MCT , travel within the ME is not cheap even in Y !
Old Dec 7, 2017, 8:11 am

IIRC, getting a full Skywards account is possible at age 16, isn't it? Just wait it out.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 12:19 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
Why not just credit to Alaska Mileage Plan (minimum age 13) or JAL's Mileage Bank (full adult benefits after 12)?
Old Dec 7, 2017, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by Beltway2A
Why not just credit to Alaska Mileage Plan (minimum age 13) or JAL's Mileage Bank (full adult benefits after 12)?
Not too sure , however I think the OP is wishing to get EK tier benfiets ?
Old Dec 7, 2017, 2:49 pm

​​​​​​An excellent suggestion. Tier benefits not too helpful anyway given no lounge access and alleged travel in premium cabins.

Feel bad for being just cynical in this thread when there was in fact a great suggestion to be made, but then OP has been going on about this for a while
Old Dec 7, 2017, 2:54 pm

OP , could you confirm what you really want out the Skywards system as a "adult member" as i am struggling to see what advantage you have as a adult member ?
Old Dec 7, 2017, 2:55 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Are you sure about AS mileage plan having a minimum age of 13? Both of my kids have had accounts since they were 4 years old.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 5:42 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by whimike
Are you sure about AS mileage plan having a minimum age of 13? Both of my kids have had accounts since they were 4 years old.
My mistake. They're eligible for an account itself, but can't have access to the online portal for managing it until they're 13. (Source)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.