Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page > New 777-300ER Chicago ORD to Dubai launch date?

New 777-300ER Chicago ORD to Dubai launch date?

Old Dec 7, 17, 1:35 am
Original Poster

New 777-300ER Chicago ORD to Dubai launch date?

Hi all,
i am dying to try out the new 777 first class cabin. At the time of release of the new aircraft Emirates has mentioned starting Service to and from ORD Chicago at some point in 2018. Has anyone heard any rumors as to when this will be? I am hoping to book a first class rewards ticket on the old 777 in hopes that I will be upgraded to the new plane.
Appreviate any feedback.
Old Dec 7, 17, 2:03 am
Ambassador: Emirates

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Infinite95 View Post
Hi all,
i am dying to try out the new 777 first class cabin. At the time of release of the new aircraft Emirates has mentioned starting Service to and from ORD Chicago at some point in 2018. Has anyone heard any rumors as to when this will be? I am hoping to book a first class rewards ticket on the old 777 in hopes that I will be upgraded to the new plane.
Appreviate any feedback.
Expect to not fly the new plane, chances are infinitesimal
Old Dec 7, 17, 3:07 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Hi all,
Appreviate any feedback.
No total reward seats available for the new F I'm afraid. Not sure if you can upgrade J to F though.
Old Dec 7, 17, 6:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by m3red View Post
No total reward seats available for the new F I'm afraid. Not sure if you can upgrade J to F though.
If I book a confirmed first class reward ticket now for March or April 2018 and they decide to switch to the new 777 on that route then are you saying itís possible that they would cancel my ticket? I would assume with their good customer service they would have to honor my first class booking on the new 777 if it is launched by then.
Old Dec 7, 17, 6:25 am
Ambassador: Emirates

Programs: Skywards Gold
If I book a confirmed first class reward ticket now for March or April 2018 and they decide to switch to the new 777 on that route then are you saying itís possible that they would cancel my ticket? I would assume with their good customer service they would have to honor my first class booking on the new 777 if it is launched by then.
They will honour it, but the chance of the flight being switched to one of the 6 or 7 new 777s that will exist by then is close to 0%
Old Dec 7, 17, 9:23 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Stab in the dark - they wouldnít cancel the award youíd have to be lucky! What Iím saying is for the routes that have the new f you canít get an award seat.

Search this Thread