Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates Wishlist for 2018 (incl Route Rumours)

Emirates Wishlist for 2018 (incl Route Rumours)

Old Nov 25, 2017, 7:01 am

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Originally Posted by simons1
As the new Berlin airport will not open before 2021
If ever
Old Nov 25, 2017, 9:21 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
4th daily to MAN!
Old Nov 26, 2017, 7:09 am

Programs: EK Platinum, BA/SQ Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Platinum
I would like Emirates to publish fares from Europe to the American continent so that I don’t have to buy two tickets, as I would happily fly the long route via DXB rather than direct UK.

This has been reinforced after a bloody awful (<— clue) flight to LAS on Friday with no entertainment. Fingers crossed I’m on time on return as I’m connecting to EK30 on Tue....
Old Dec 6, 2017, 11:22 am

Flights to SAW could be re-started from April 2018
http://www.airporthaber.com/havacili...ene-donuy.html
Old Dec 7, 2017, 8:56 pm

Changes I can see happening in 2018 or 2019

following destinations transferred to Fly Dubai:
MCT
LCA
MLA

Additional daily frequencies:
LIS
ARN
DUS
BCN
MAD
ZRH
WAW

NEW EK destinations:
AGP
HEL
MRS
PMI
DRW
CNS
WLG

New FlyDubai destinations with EK codeshare:
HER
JMK
NAP
PFO
AYT
VAR
CND
Old Dec 8, 2017, 11:53 pm

Programs: EK Platinum, BA/SQ Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Flame3601
- Better upgrade availability from a fair enough time frame , I'm kinda getting sick having to run around the airport asking if space is available for upgrade using miles. Just rather let me know 96hr before hand , like the good old days
I too am fed up with this, clearly empty cabins yet near impossible to upgrade.
knocked back other day until I created hell then was told I would have to have my business meal ! In the end I was 3 of 14 with full meal.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 12:10 am

Originally Posted by Seat54
I too am fed up with this, clearly empty cabins yet near impossible to upgrade.
knocked back other day until I created hell then was told I would have to have my business meal ! In the end I was 3 of 14 with full meal.
it’s rubbish right?

they don’t want people using miles yet when it’s overbooked they give it away...
Seat54 likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 12:25 am

Originally Posted by m3red
it’s rubbish right?

they don’t want people using miles yet when it’s overbooked they give it away...
I am trying to use my 792,400 miles but it’s near to impossible.
ok I could book a full flight I first and blast them into space but the “Emirates charges” are ridiculous so I prefer upgrades ....

Even the staff are saying the flight controllers are just not managing it properly.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 5:27 am

Programs: EK Plat
Originally Posted by Seat54
I am trying to use my 792,400 miles but it’s near to impossible.
ok I could book a full flight I first and blast them into space but the “Emirates charges” are ridiculous so I prefer upgrades ....

Even the staff are saying the flight controllers are just not managing it properly.
Out of interest, what routes do you fly? I've never had an issue upgrading Y-J or J-F either at check in, at the lounge entrance or onboard providing there's space. Award space beforehand can be limited, I agree.

At check in, providing it's T-4 (or T-3, can't remember exactly), they always call the flight controller and have the seat released immediately.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by Lkaroo

Out of interest, what routes do you fly? I've never had an issue upgrading Y-J or J-F either at check in, at the lounge entrance or onboard providing there's space. Award space beforehand can be limited, I agree.

At check in, providing it's T-4 (or T-3, can't remember exactly), they always call the flight controller and have the seat released immediately.
I agree. I never have a problem at the airport, though ahead of time is a pain.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
How about second daily DXB-FLL? I hear this route has done extremely very well. They always oversold for everyday.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by EK77W
Some wishes and not all of them will happen in 2018 but hopefully some of them.
Asia/Australia
KUL, HKG, PER all A380
SIN-BNE switch to A380
2nd daily to ADL, ICN
depending on bilaterals new destination to India (Jaipur, Pune, Goa, Mangalore) & China (Chengdu, Kunming, Xian, Wuhan, Hangzhou, Xiamen, Nanjing etc.)

Africa
more A380 to JNB
2nd daily to ADD, DAR, DUR
daily to LAD
new destination: Kinshasa, Bamako, Ouagadougou, Monrovia or holiday resorts like Sansibar, Kilimanjaro, Mombasa
What about A380 to CPT ?
And WDH ? QR already flies tio WDH.

And a new route to DRW or CNS ?
Possibly NAN ? Can be flown nonstop, particularly when the 787 or 350s arrive (the 787-10 are already ordered ?)
Old Dec 29, 2017, 9:25 am

Programs: LuxExpress VIP
There are rumours about TLL being added, but it seems very unlikely for me.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 1:38 am

Programs: EK Platinum, QR Platinum
I'd like and expect to see some serious route rationalization between EK and FZ, especially in South Asia.

FZ flies 21 routes to South Asia, of which only 7 are monopoly routes. This means they are using up precious DXB slots (including peaktime slots) on 14 routes where EK can put bigger planes.

A good example is DAC -- they fly a single daily at 0355; should be a straightforward candidate for EK to put a 2-class A380 and eke out another slot.

In India it serves its routes with no depth whatsoever (e.g. DEL, BOM, HYD, COK, MAA, AMD, TRV) -- these should be prime targets for EK capacity to takeover.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 1:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rahultodi33
I'd like and expect to see some serious route rationalization between EK and FZ, especially in South Asia.

FZ flies 21 routes to South Asia, of which only 7 are monopoly routes. This means they are using up precious DXB slots (including peaktime slots) on 14 routes where EK can put bigger planes.

A good example is DAC -- they fly a single daily at 0355; should be a straightforward candidate for EK to put a 2-class A380 and eke out another slot.

In India it serves its routes with no depth whatsoever (e.g. DEL, BOM, HYD, COK, MAA, AMD, TRV) -- these should be prime targets for EK capacity to takeover.
EK can't take over easily, as there is a restriction on capacity between DXB and India which is primarily being enforced and kept down by the Indian authorities, the UAE would gladly to to 100k seats a week or month or whatever the timeframe is (65k right now, roughly, IIRC). So to send one additional 77W to India from EK would require two 737s from FZ to be dropped

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.