FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Emirates | Skywards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards-490/)
-   -   Flights to Johannesburg - Which Concourse at DXB? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards/1878121-flights-johannesburg-concourse-dxb.html)

TravelinWilly Nov 17, 2017 6:44 pm

Flights to Johannesburg - Which Concourse at DXB?

Is there any way of knowing what concourse EK uses for flights to Joburg? Some int'l airlines will use specific terminals for certain destinations, and I wasn't sure if Emirates uses, say, Concourse B for all flights to ABC, Concourse A for all flights to XYZ, etc.

Or do the concourses vary each day?

I did a search and found nothing on this.

m3red Nov 17, 2017 7:40 pm

It will,likely be A or B but C sometimes gets used for flights you may not expect - there is no hard rule except for the Qantas flights from A gates.

thijsseh Nov 17, 2017 9:40 pm

No way of predicting. For instance today:
EK 761 leaves from B26, EK763 from B23, EK765 from A21 and EK767 from C9
All as per ExpertFlyer (and these still may change)

skywardhunter Nov 18, 2017 2:25 am

Originally Posted by m3red (Post 29073203)
It will,likely be A or B but C sometimes gets used for flights you may not expect - there is no hard rule except for the Qantas flights from A gates.

SA flights have had a lot of C bus gates in my experience!

It's totally random, get the DXB Airport app and you can find out in the inbound flight if you have WiFi and get push notifications in case if changes.

TravelinWilly Nov 18, 2017 8:35 am

m3red, thijsseh, and skywardhunter, thank you for the info!

It looks like a tossup.

The flight I'm on will be an A380, so I'm assuming(?) that it won't be a bus gate, but I guess one never knows...

Thanks again.

skywardhunter Nov 18, 2017 8:54 am

Originally Posted by TravelinWilly (Post 29074354)
m3red, thijsseh, and skywardhunter, thank you for the info!

It looks like a tossup.

The flight I'm on will be an A380, so I'm assuming(?) that it won't be a bus gate, but I guess one never knows...

Thanks again.

You know what they say when you assume...

Even A380s get the occasional bus gate

TravelinWilly Nov 18, 2017 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by skywardhunter (Post 29074395)
You know what they say when you assume...

Even A380s get the occasional bus gate

So, like, totally off topic question...if a 380 gets a bus gate, what do they do for any pax on the upper deck who needs a wheelchair? Or would they ensure that particular flight got a gate?

skywardhunter Nov 18, 2017 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by TravelinWilly (Post 29076060)
So, like, totally off topic question...if a 380 gets a bus gate, what do they do for any pax on the upper deck who needs a wheelchair? Or would they ensure that particular flight got a gate?

The same as someone on the lower deck who needs a wheelchair...? A dedicated lift-van vehicle contraption, that extends up like a catering truck. Fair enough question as I haven't specifically seen one go to the 2nd floor but I'm sure they can, otherwise they'll just have someone carry them up the stairs I guess

sydtogla Nov 18, 2017 7:18 pm

You can look at flightaware for a bit of ‘gate history’. I am in A maybe 65% of the time. It’s where I much prefer to be anyway.