New Dine on Demand - J class

Old Nov 11, 2017, 2:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Plat, OWE (BA), *A Gold (TK), EY Gold*
Talking

Originally Posted by sydtogla
Almost certain SimpleDXB was being sarcastic, and I can't believe people fell for it!
^
skywardhunter likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 2:09 pm

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by sydtogla
Almost certain SimpleDXB was being sarcastic, and I can't believe people fell for it!
I made sure to check the date, and it was NOT April 1st. So, therefore, I went with it... and the pork...

Well played @SimpleDXB! ^
Old Nov 11, 2017, 3:30 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by SimpleDXB
^
Whoops.. got me
Old Nov 13, 2017, 4:05 am
Original Poster

^
Funny stuff guys... I can't believe anyone fell for the Halal Pork..

The dine-on-demand concept in J is definitely still under trial though.

Am currently in midst of airshow chaos. I feel EK have missed a trick with their new First cabin and refreshed J that is still just the same crappy 2-3-2 layout on 777 (and presumably 787). Such a shame as they are obviously spending money (e.g. cringeworthy clarkson vid), but they just seem to miss the obvious idea that comfort, amenity and function over bling is the way to go.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 4:13 am

Funny stuff guys... I can't believe anyone fell for the Halal Pork..

Am currently in midst of airshow chaos. I feel EK have missed a trick with their new First cabin and refreshed J that is still just the same crappy 2-3-2 layout on 777 (and presumably 787). Such a shame as they are obviously spending money (e.g. cringeworthy clarkson vid), but they just seem to miss the obvious idea that comfort, amenity and function over bling is the way to go.
There's been a comment floating around that 777X will be 1-2-1 in J, and since 787s will be delivered after the first 777X I guess it'll be the same on there
Old Nov 13, 2017, 5:50 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

but they just seem to miss the obvious idea that comfort, amenity and function over bling is the way to go.
Are you saying that the new F is not comfy and functional? You must be hard to please...
Old Nov 13, 2017, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Are you saying that the new F is not comfy and functional? You must be hard to please...
We need a EK forum drinking game: one shot every time someone says “bling”
Old Nov 13, 2017, 6:13 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold, Jet Airways JetPrivilege Platinum
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
There's been a comment floating around that 777X will be 1-2-1 in J, and since 787s will be delivered after the first 777X I guess it'll be the same on there
Yup, That's what Sir Tim Clark suggested during the press conference. He said it would be like the current A380 cabin.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by viraj737
Yup, That's what Sir Tim Clark suggested during the press conference. He said it would be like the current A380 cabin.
Arguably with the issues surrounding EY and QR, EK is the only major buyer in the ME, so aggressive discounts will mean less revenue pressure and therefore lower premium densities are more sustainable.

or we can hope
Old Nov 13, 2017, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by eternaltransit
Arguably with the issues surrounding EY and QR, EK is the only major buyer in the ME, so aggressive discounts will mean less revenue pressure and therefore lower premium densities are more sustainable.

or we can hope
I also think they're just aggressively differentiating J drin F and can't blame them. Other airlines are removing F so their J is more luxurious. With EK Theres still a noticeable improvement from J to F
Old Nov 13, 2017, 6:36 am

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
I also think they're just aggressively differentiating J drin F and can't blame them. Other airlines are removing F so their J is more luxurious. With EK Theres still a noticeable improvement from J to F
And long may they keep F!
thijsseh likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 6:45 am

Dine-on-demand in J: sounds like an utter nightmare IMHO (and to the FAs?), especially on a 3-class A380. It'll be a nonstop to and fro. How about take-aways that can be picked up in the bar area @:-)

Maybe re-visit previous catering models... No, I won't say the t******s****** word Though I really liked it
Old Nov 13, 2017, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by XXTSGR
Dine-on-demand in J: sounds like an utter nightmare IMHO (and to the FAs?), especially on a 3-class A380. It'll be a nonstop to and fro. How about take-aways that can be picked up in the bar area @:-)

Maybe re-visit previous catering models... No, I won't say the t******s****** word Though I really liked it
With the meal ordering devices (i.e. smartphones I think it's possible, and I guess that was part of their vision in implementing those)
Old Nov 13, 2017, 7:22 am

With the meal ordering devices (i.e. smartphones I think it's possible, and I guess that was part of their vision in implementing those)
I do agree - possible, yes. Convenient for individual pax to order when and what they want, no doubt. But jut imagine 70 or so pax in J on a red-eye flight from DXB (where many are on different schedules and their body clocks in different time zones due to their previous connections) and these all start ordering and receiving food and related service throughout the entire flight. IMHO - not a place I'd want to be in!
Old Nov 13, 2017, 10:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
EY, SQ and QR First have long since been better than EK.

For EK to be heralding this as a game changer simply because they've added more sparkles is nonsense. A massive suite but same sized seat, and more of the trinkets that don't actually improve flight quality. Even the SQ biz seat is wider.

Going 1-1-1 instead of 1-2-1 is a mistake also. There are a lot of couples travelling first.

For the cash they've spent on this, I just feel personally that they've missed a trick (again). They have and will continued to fall behind other airline products having been the first to pioneer the suite. And their biz class 2-3-2 is

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.