Delayed flight

Old Oct 19, 2017, 5:48 am

Originally Posted by ioto1902
I just understood that there may be some kind of black list of claimers. I don't if this is true.
Anyone who makes a complaint - no matter how frivolous - gets details added to their pax special profile.

So, not so much blacklist, but if you complain about every little thing that isn't even a thing (e.g. complaining the lounge didn't tell you about boarding so you left early and had to stand with Y pax - the reason the lounge said it wasn't boarding was because they knew it was slightly delayed with cleaning: yes, this was a real complaint) - then EK will know the proper amount of respect and handling to give it.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 6:05 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by eternaltransit
Anyone who makes a complaint - no matter how frivolous - gets details added to their pax special profile.

So, not so much blacklist, but if you complain about every little thing that isn't even a thing (e.g. complaining the lounge didn't tell you about boarding so you left early and had to stand with Y pax - the reason the lounge said it wasn't boarding was because they knew it was slightly delayed with cleaning: yes, this was a real complaint) - then EK will know the proper amount of respect and handling to give it.
I chit-chat about a lot of frivolous stuff with the EK Twitter team, is that all being added? My profile would be super long. Yesterday I had a discussion with them about how VFS for Dubai Visas wasn't accepting my Visa credit card, while on Tuesday I discussed a bug in the Android app with them...
Old Oct 19, 2017, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
I chit-chat about a lot of frivolous stuff with the EK Twitter team, is that all being added? My profile would be super long. Yesterday I had a discussion with them about how VFS for Dubai Visas wasn't accepting my Visa credit card, while on Tuesday I discussed a bug in the Android app with them...
Depends on if they know you are a Skywards member and whether any complaint needed escalation/investigation.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by eternaltransit
Depends on if they know you are a Skywards member and whether any complaint needed escalation/investigation.
Well I queried something on my reservation last week so they should have it. I'd love to know how well they link/track social media accounts. I'm sure they don't use twitter's own interface and have it integrated somehow.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 10:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Silver
Quick update,

I wrote an email, not really going off on a rant but more pointing out where I think things could have been handled differently, and making light of the fact that I missed out on Eggs Royale for breakfast as I had to switch flights from 007 to 001.
Got a nice response yesterday explaining the delay and awarding me 40,000 miles for the inconvenience.
thijsseh likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 12:21 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by SimonLHR
Quick update,

I wrote an email, not really going off on a rant but more pointing out where I think things could have been handled differently, and making light of the fact that I missed out on Eggs Royale for breakfast as I had to switch flights from 007 to 001.
Got a nice response yesterday explaining the delay and awarding me 40,000 miles for the inconvenience.
Wow - that's a great result! That's worth a Y-J upgrade on UK-DXB.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 9:18 am

Programs: DIAMANTAIRE EXTRAORDINAIRE
Technically EC261 does apply to EK ,
though it would be an uphill to have it inforced.

https://ec.europa.eu/transport/sites...nt_form_en.pdf

"Regulation 261/2004 applies to all flights oper
ated by any airline from any EU airport and
flights to an EU airport operated by any EU airline"
Old Nov 5, 2017, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by diamantaire
Technically EC261 does apply to EK ,
though it would be an uphill to have it inforced.

https://ec.europa.eu/transport/sites...nt_form_en.pdf

"Regulation 261/2004 applies to all flights oper
ated by any airline from any EU airport and
flights to an EU airport operated by any EU airline"

??? This is known fact and not disputed, even by EK. Specific interpretation regarding connections sometimes is
Old Nov 8, 2017, 1:55 pm

@skywardhunter, the link I have attached. On the second page there is a form which clearly mentions "connecting airport", connections or not. For EC261 the most important aspect is time of arrival at destination , whether there was idb etc .
Old Nov 8, 2017, 2:07 pm

@skywardhunter, the link I have attached. On the second page there is a form which clearly mentions "connecting airport", connections or not. For EC261 the most important aspect is time of arrival at destination , whether there was idb etc .
EK disputes the connecting interpretation, I think there's still ongoing litigation.

More importantly how is any of this relevant in a thread about a delay in Asia, on a middle eastern airline? the fact the final destination is in the EU is irrelevant insofar that EC261 doesn't apply for inbound flights on non-EU carriers.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 2:58 pm

EK disputes the connecting interpretation, I think there's still ongoing litigation.

More importantly how is any of this relevant in a thread about a delay in Asia, on a middle eastern airline? the fact the final destination is in the EU is irrelevant insofar that EC261 doesn't apply for inbound flights on non-EU carriers.
They just lost the connection litigation in the UK - the reasoning given was that the sanction applies to the first flight and is calculated to final destination on that journey.

As you say though, doesn't apply in this situation of course, given it was on CRK-DXB.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 3:54 pm

EC261 applies to all airlines irrespective of where you connect / transit , if either the destination or the origin is EU .
Old Nov 9, 2017, 3:55 pm

EC261 applies to all airlines irrespective of where you connect / transit , if either the destination or the origin is EU .
Only if the origin is EU or airline an EU-based airline. It does not apply to flights arriving in the EU on non-EU carriers
Old Nov 10, 2017, 1:42 am

No it doesn't. Best you actually have a look at EC261.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 4:34 pm

Programs: Emirates Platinum
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Yeah, it's worth spending 10 minutes writing a short email. You may get 10-20K points. If not, you've only lost 10 minutes.
My last delay, ex - SIN to LHR, that resulted in a missed connection got me 85k miles. Unsolicited.

That said, I did tweet in frustration in SIN, and perhaps they worked out my name from that. Another passenger on an identical itinerary got no miles.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.