Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

10% off Economy and Business with Amex (UK)

Old Oct 16, 17, 11:03 am
Original Poster

Got this email today!

Enjoy up to 10% off Business and Economy Class flights (excluding taxes and surcharges) when you travel to any Emirates destinations*.Simply book online at emirates.com/ukamex2017 and use the promotional code UKAMEX7 by 30 November 2017 for travel by 30 November 2018 and pay using your Card.Offer valid on one-way and return flights sold by Emirates and operated by Emirates. Flights eligible for the discount are signalled by a gold check mark next to them. Terms and restrictions will apply.

Old Oct 16, 17, 11:10 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Was 30% off on SA Amex earlier this year. Perhaps we should have a special offer/discount thread?
Old Oct 16, 17, 11:35 am

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Originally Posted by skywardhunter View Post
Was 30% off on SA Amex earlier this year. Perhaps we should have a special offer/discount thread?
How did I miss that offer

And a 'yes' from me Re a dedicated thread.
Old Oct 16, 17, 2:35 pm

Yes please ....dedicated thread with invites for discount codes .
Old Oct 16, 17, 3:25 pm

Programs: Qatar Silver, Emirates Skyward Silver, SPG Gold , IHG Spire Elite
Did a few dummy searches, doesn't seem too bad for the UK, I would try and mix this with top cash back and an emirates amex card!

Also black Friday will be just before the end of this promotion so you can see which might be better!

Im holding off on two J bookings for now..
Old Oct 16, 17, 3:38 pm

Programs: QF Plat, NZ Silver, EY, EK, SQ & UA
Just tried to book a flight to NZ using the Emirates Amex (MBNA) and it wouldn't work. Tried it with my gold Amex and it worked. Wouldn't recognise the MBNA Amex at all...
Old Oct 16, 17, 4:16 pm

Programs: EK Platinum, BA/SQ Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Platinum
I just tried some flights to India, it was 113 off for me.
I wonder if I can also use my MBNA 150 voucher.
sydtogla likes this.
Old Oct 16, 17, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by Seat54 View Post
I just tried some flights to India, it was 113 off for me.
I wonder if I can also use my MBNA 150 voucher.
Did you buy them? Using your MBNA Emirates Amex?
Old Oct 17, 17, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by xavzz View Post
Did a few dummy searches, doesn't seem too bad for the UK, I would try and mix this with top cash back . . . .
I don't think you'll get both. I tried something similar a few years ago and got knocked back for the cash back. When I queried it I was told it was because I had used a discount code.
Old Oct 17, 17, 9:46 am

Hi All,
Anyone know how to get round this or they managed to get it working. The only Amex card I have is Emirates MBNA and the website does not recognise the card, a bit ironic.

Thanks,

Phil
Old Oct 17, 17, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by yauser View Post
Anyone know how to get round this or they managed to get it working.
You probably have time to get an AMEX issued card before the offer ends if you can't get the MBNA one to work.
Old Oct 18, 17, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by ft101 View Post
You probably have time to get an AMEX issued card before the offer ends if you can't get the MBNA one to work.
I tried to use the MBNA Amex to book a flight on Emirates tonight without the code and it still didn't work! What is going on?

Last edited by tm84; Oct 18, 17 at 5:14 pm
Old Oct 18, 17, 4:49 pm
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: EK Gold, IHG Plat, QF SG, HH Gold, KLM FB
Remember that the Emirates Amex issued through MBNA is under license, and usually Amex offers do not apply to these cards. If you want to take advantage you will need to get a card directly from Amex. I'd recommend the preferred Gold rewards card: Free in the first year, some nice benefits and a decent points earn rate with instant transfers to skywards in 1000 point increments.
Old Oct 18, 17, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by sydtogla View Post
Remember that the Emirates Amex issued through MBNA is under license, and usually Amex offers do not apply to these cards. If you want to take advantage you will need to get a card directly from Amex. I'd recommend the preferred Gold rewards card: Free in the first year, some nice benefits and a decent points earn rate with instant transfers to skywards in 1000 point increments.
Yes have that card, but the MBNA Emirates card isn't working at all as a method of payment for any flight on the Emirates website...whether it is for the 10% off or just a normal full fare. This is not a specific Amex offer that you have to have to save to your card but a code that the terms and conditions say can be for an American Express card.
Old Oct 18, 17, 5:20 pm
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: EK Gold, IHG Plat, QF SG, HH Gold, KLM FB
Originally Posted by tm84 View Post
Yes have that card, but the MBNA Emirates card isn't working at all as a method of payment for any flight on the Emirates website...whether it is for the 10% off or just a normal full fare. This is not a specific Amex offer that you have to have to save to your card but a code that the terms and conditions say can be for an American Express card.
The Amex partnership with MBNA is limited to Amex Connect and Amex invites. Those are the only two rewards streams that the MBNA card is eligible for.

This particular offer is for Amex cardmembers, which is a different reward stream within Amex that is exclusive to cards given directly by Amex.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: