Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OLCI now 24 hrs before flight

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2017, 4:57 am

Programs: BA LTG, UA Gold, EK Silver, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat
fyi, when I check all my future flights using the Emirates App on my phone it states on all of them that check-in is 48 hours before my flight
Old Oct 18, 2017, 6:42 am

Programs: EK Plat
Checked in for my flight today at T-48. Sequence numbers weird. 1st flight to DXB is 143 and then the connecting flight is 169???? Would have expected the reverse!
Old Oct 18, 2017, 7:49 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by gillyd22
Checked in for my flight today at T-48. Sequence numbers weird. 1st flight to DXB is 143 and then the connecting flight is 169???? Would have expected the reverse!
Could be people with much longer first flights, their T-48 is before yours
Old Oct 20, 2017, 3:20 am

Programs: KL FlyingBlue Gold, AY+, MM FTL, TK*G
Originally Posted by ioto1902
Ah. Interesting.

I went through all BP from Jan-2014 to Dec-2016 (don't ask). That's close to 150 legs.
The best I got is Seq 28.
I haven't checked 2017 ones, as they are at home base, but I don't think I'll have better.

But very strangely, the "worst" is Seq 510 for a B77W ?!?!

Can anybody explain ?
Was it a flight with an intermediate stop on the same flight no? For example DXB-BKK-HKG? In that case, there can be two check-ins for the same seat, bringing the total number of check-ins to way above the number of seats on the aircraft.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 7:37 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Just to add to the SEQ debate , i believe EK now " check you in" for your return flight when you check in for the first outbound segment , as i remember having a fiddle once checked in for the first part of the outbound segment and finding i had been assigned a SEQ number already for my inbound flight ? Did think it was strange but nothing of interest ....
Old Oct 20, 2017, 3:08 pm

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
Originally Posted by marbe166
Was it a flight with an intermediate stop on the same flight no? For example DXB-BKK-HKG? In that case, there can be two check-ins for the same seat, bringing the total number of check-ins to way above the number of seats on the aircraft.
No. It was a standard outbound flight which is due to fly back immediately to DXB.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 12:55 am

Programs: National EE, Avis CC
Will OLCI help if I want to upgrade using cash? Or is it better to check in at airport when inquiring about upgrading?
Old Oct 29, 2017, 6:37 pm
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by surfshadow
Will OLCI help if I want to upgrade using cash? Or is it better to check in at airport when inquiring about upgrading?
Are you meaning using cash to take an 'upgrade offer'? You will be given that offer at OLCI if there are seats available for offer.

I would call in advance if you're just using cash to pay the fare difference to guarantee your seat.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 5:26 pm

Programs: EK Platinum, BA/SQ Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Platinum
Well i am in Dallas (30Oct 1730) and my flight on 2Nov SYD-CHC just appeared for online check in. Weirdly I have to present myself at check in ! Let’s hope they will through check me from Dallas
Old Mar 4, 2018, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by Bouncingsouls
My big moment came today!
just got sequence 001 this morning, although it was only on an embraer 170 operated by Eastern airways! Hardly the same as on an emirates A380 😂
I'm in your gang now too, and also not with Emirates. I actually got it when checking in a couple of days ago, but never noticed until now. Second leg of EDI-AUH-BKK with Etihad. Bonus upgrade to J at the gate.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 10:06 pm

I thought that the equence rationale was settled years ago. EK uses a combination of surname and skywards number/status to allocate the seq, not a straight sequential order by check-in like EY or VA or QF.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.